The Siren

Adam Lambert covers West Coast for covers album High Drama (out now)

Adam is incredibly talented and has some amazing tracks across his discography. I definitely think he overdid it a bit with this, but it's not as bad as I think some of y'all are making it out to be. Obviously it doesn't compare to the original, but it's at least an interesting take on the track.

I appreciate when artists don't cover songs the exact way they sound, like what lana did to doin' time for example

I actually like it, I'm really not getting the hate for this when adam lambert is a completely different artist than lana. it's way better and more original than most of the covers I see out there lol

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I think I would've liked it better if he had kept the slow, dark(?) rock in the original song, that might've given it a cool 80's rock vibe with his high-pitched voice. But then again, this is supposed to be a cover so I understand it can't be too similar. But yeah, this feels too much, both instrumentally and his lyric delivery.

If you listen carefully, you can hear a tempo change... I think. It's not as clear as Lana's, but I think it's there.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

This seems to be the unpopular opinion, but I really love the cover. Perhaps I’m a bit biased because I am somewhat of an Adam Lambert fan, but he really is so talented. I saw him live a couple of years ago and his vocal ability is incredible. He’s also one of my best friend’s favourite artists, so I find myself listening to him quite a bit. I really liked how he took the song and made it his own - I appreciate it more than if it would have been a carbon copy with his vocals in place. I also think it’s so cool that the frontman of the current Queen spinoff band that features original band members is covering her song. It just shows how far her music can reach and inspire. Though nothing can top the original with all its uniqueness and wonderfulness, I think this is a great rock rendition of the song. I think some (mostly younger) fans are turned off by it because they don’t listen to this style of music, but I think covers like this are a great way to broaden your musical horizons. Plus, can you imagine if Lana did a rock album in this style?? I know I’d be eating it up x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 minutes ago, Elle said:

This seems to be the unpopular opinion, but I really love the cover. Perhaps I’m a bit biased because I am somewhat

of an Adam Lambert fan, but he really is so talented. I saw him live a couple of years ago and his vocal ability is incredible. He’s also one of my best friend’s favourite artists, so I find myself listening to him quite a bit. I really liked how he took the song and made it his own - I appreciate it more than if it would have been a carbon copy with his vocals in place. I also think it’s so cool that the frontman of the current Queen spinoff band that features original band members is covering his song. It just shows how far her music can reach and inspire. Though nothing can top the original with all its uniqueness and wonderfulness, I think this is a great rock rendition of the song. I think some (mostly younger) fans are turned off by it because they don’t listen to this style of music, but I think covers like this are a great way to broaden your musical horizons. Plus, can you imagine if Lana did a rock album in this style?? I know I’d be eating it up x

it's really amazing brian may and roger taylor are on it too! honestly, it's very gratifying to finally witness more clearly her impact on the industry. it'll be a decade of ultraviolence being out in the world next year and we're already seeing a song from it getting covered by big artists like adam lambert, brian may and roger taylor

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

12 hours ago, American Whore said:

why do i not like him at all? he looks so fake or something, idk what it is about him and his music kind of high key sucks

I kind of like For Your Entertainment - Song.

But I was so relieved when we learned he wasn’t playing George Michael in that Biopic…

:oprah:

IMG-3521.jpg

Obviously Lana’s version is the best and nothing will ever compare, but I love this cover. It’s so different from the original but also not ?? He really ate that shit up :gurl: :mariah:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

6 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I appreciate when artists don't cover songs the exact way they sound, like what lana did to doin' time for example

I actually like it, I'm really not getting the hate for this when adam lambert is a completely different artist than lana. it's way better and more original than most of the covers I see out there lol

It’s like they’re desperately attempting to criticize someone without merit. 
I see some are actually saying he’s not talented which can’t be further from the truth. 
According to public opinions,

Lana isn’t considered the most impressive starlet herself. To call his musical arrangements boring is like the pot calling the kettle, black.