Rust Dress

Festivals & Tour 2023

Having been to two very different shows this summer, I wanted to share some thoughts. Maybe this will be helpful to anyone going to shows coming up. I’m also curious of different perspectives you may have.

(TLDR: smaller venues > larger venues)

Her Arkansas show was a small, intimate venue (~9,000). Not quite the smallest this year, but it had a very personal feeling. This is especially true given Lana’s history in the area.

The crowd was amazing, very polite, friendly and unobtrusive. Getting into the venue was ridiculously easy. I had the fast pass, showed up 90 minutes early and there were like 10 people in front of me. The sound was spectacular and the Walmart AMP put on a better show than I was expecting. Maybe I’m a bit biased because it was my first Lana concert and it was very emotional for me… but it felt like it was nearly perfect. 

Last night was a totally different show in Dallas, a much larger venue (~22,000). Parking opened up at 5 and I showed up at like 4:50. There was a line of cars and the whole setup was confusing. Cars kept turning away. When I pulled in, the attendant was very rude and said if I’m not staff, I can’t come in until 5, or they’re going to charge me. 

I came back 10 minutes later. There was a huge line to get in (90 minutes before the gate opened) and even in the fast pass lane, it took just over an hour to get in. 

When the gates officially opened, there was a ton of screaming and people freaking out. It turned out that people were literally stampeding to get into the pit and it was kind of scary with people pushing and shoving. Security had trouble getting people to cooperate. 

The stormy weather was a sh!tshow, but I’m not here to rehash that too much. They canceled Nikki. Lana went on and the crowd continued to be very lively and loud. That’s a good or bad thing depending on your perspective. I definitely enjoyed the show, but some people were rude and got in your face. I’m sure it comes with being in a larger venue in a big city, plus I’m know the weather was causing people up act hyped up too. 

The sound wasn’t as good as the smaller venue, but getting out wasn’t as bad as I expected. I recommend parking closer to the exit. Yes, you’ll have a longer walk up and from, but I got on the main road pretty quick. 

I’m not going to comment on the setlist too much. Just know that it hasn’t changed much and aside from a small surprise or two, I wouldn’t expect any major changes for her upcoming shows. 

I’m excited to see her at another small venue next week in Mississippi. I’m hoping it’s a bit more intimate (and not affected by weather) as the Dallas show!

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

Man I remember in 8th/9th grade when I started listening to Lana and id ask other girls if they listened to her the most common responses were “ew.” And “who?” 
I just can’t even believe that was ever real life lol. I’m so happy for her success because her art deserves to be heard and seen but dayum. Idk. I’m thankful for everyone on here. Y’all are my people. I know you guys truly get it and you’re the only ones I’m willing to accept 😭😂

19 minutes ago, trailerparkdream said:

Once we’re like 5 days out do ticket prices go down at all in the middle of the night like 3/4am? Since there’s likely less people buying at that hour. Or do they just stay the same pretty much regardless of time of day 

Prices don’t seem to fluctuate by hour. More like by day. It seems like the lowest prices are roughly 5-7 days out from a show. As demand increases and supply decreases, buying the day before or day of, prices nudge back up. You can sometimes get a last minute deal, but then you have to worry about getting the ticket in time.

It also depends on the venue, but generally a week or 5 days out seems to be a good time to buy. If there are still a lot of tickets available at your venue, you can probably wait a bit longer. 

Keep checking Ticketmaster/LiveNation just in case. Dallas didn’t have any direct resale, but 5 (or so) tickets randomly went for sale the night before at face value. They were like 25-50% cheaper than similar tickets on StubHub and SeatGeek. That’s how I got my ticket. 

so i’ve been wondering… has anyone who didn’t get pit tickets, but got other tickets in sections or lawn been able to sneak into pit? howd that go? wondering for future reference hehe

9 minutes ago, nami said:

so i’ve been wondering… has anyone who didn’t get pit tickets, but got other tickets in sections or lawn been able to sneak into pit? howd that go? wondering for future reference hehe

I’ve heard some smaller venues are more lax, but at Dallas last night, you had to show your tickets to at least three different people before you got into the pit. The bouncers were keeping a very tight watch. 

20 minutes ago, Quincy said:

I’ve heard some smaller venues are more lax, but at Dallas last night, you had to show your tickets to at least three different people before you got into the pit. The bouncers were keeping a very tight watch. 

thank u !

4 hours ago, trailerparkdream said:

Once we’re like 5 days out do ticket prices go down at all in the middle of the night like 3/4am? Since there’s likely less people buying at that hour. Or do they just stay the same pretty much regardless of time of day 

honestly they do go down at different hours of the day so definitely be checking at all times! i've seen tix go down a lot in a matter of two hours then go back up. different times of day also affects this! 

Another tip:

If there’s a smaller venue in a rural area (Mississippi is a good example, the first Tennessee show was too), you’re probably better off buying resale tickets a few days before the show. Prices fell very low for the Tennessee shows (many under $50 the day of the concert) and tickets for seats at Brandon, MS are, on average, about 50% below face value right now. 

Pit tickets are around $200 too, which is well above face value, but well below what typical resale pit tickets go for. 

I guess demand is lower and not many fans are willing to travel to venues like that. 

Honestly, I haven’t followed the Alabama show much for tomorrow. I do see a lot of tickets available on Ticketmaster that are much cheaper that similar tickets on StubHub. Always cross reference to find lower prices! Stick with Ticketmaster/LiveNation if they’re cheaper, for added security, since you know for a fact you will have the ticket ready to go. 

26 minutes ago, Celestial Jukebox said:

Does anybody have a guess or know what time I should show up if I want to get barricade? 

It depends on the venue. Some places had people lining up the night before, while others don’t even allow people to show up until 3 PM on the day of the concert. 

I’d check with the venue. If they don’t have restrictions, you’re going to want to get there the morning of. If they say you can’t line up until a certain time, you still want to get there earlier than that, as everyone is going to show up very quickly. 

why does everyone dislike bartender- like i see a bunch of people here complaining that she’s performing bartender but i don’t understand the hate

Ugh I really really hate complaining but the fact that she does ELEVEN old songs between The Grants and Ocean Blvd (her newest releases) is so sad omg

1 hour ago, nami said:

why does everyone dislike bartender- like i see a bunch of people here complaining that she’s performing bartender but i don’t understand the hate

I think bartender is a very good song, but it’s probably one of the songs that stands out the least on NFR for me. There are so many great songs on that album that she has never or rarely performed live yet like FIILY, The greatest, HTD, and more that I would rather hear.