x VB

Somerset, ENG @ Glastonbury Festival - June 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

Idk it’s one thing to criticize the lateness, dancers, and even the concept of the show but judging her facial movements and hand movements I think is a little too much. We know she’s still not really confident when she performs and I think that’s just the nerves getting to her

Actually it was more concern because she looked like she was tweeking which is not a good look. I was watching with friends on the TV and they both asked me what was wrong with her. If it's anxiety, that's an awful thing to suffer from and I hope she can get passed that so she can enjoy performing. Perhaps because it was close u on TV that it was highlighted; I've never seen her like that before.

:hdu: this is truly her best live so far.

This is better than Outside Lands 2016(which was PHENOMENAL). But her voice is stronger, clearer and definitely she's putting alot of emphasis on the vibrato.(?maybe a classical music influence?)

She did switch up the keys on a few songs(when has she not) but overall she sounded really beautiful and confident. 

I want the same energy for BST Hyde.

:wub:

A&W as an intro is solid. Star power.

1 hour ago, HT71 said:

Actually it was more concern because she looked like she was tweeking which is not a good look. I was watching with friends on the TV and they both asked me what was wrong with her. If it's anxiety, that's an awful thing to suffer from and I hope she can get passed that so she can enjoy performing. Perhaps because it was close u on TV that it was highlighted; I've never seen her like that before.

I didn’t notice anything particularly out of the ordinary. If you’re talking about A&W, I feel like that might be part of the “character” she’s putting on? That’s the only part I’ve noticed anything remotely “weird” but she’s done the same thing for all 3 shows at this point so I think its on purpose 

I think the hand motions at the very beginning are choreography, since she's done them at multiple festivals now, at the same point in the show (the start of A&W); she doesn't do it sporadically throughout the show. Maybe she is nervous too, but I took it as a sort of "fanning the flames / building excitement" motion...like psyching herself and the crowd up? 

I like the dancers when they are used judiciously. I re-watched Molly's solo during UV and it freaks me out in the absolute best way--some of her movements are almost like contortion, but perfectly expressing the darkness and longing of the song. I was super impressed. More of that "interpretive dance complementing the vocals" and less of the "weird props distracting from Lana" (the candelabra were downright silly, like Beauty and the Beast meets Phantom). I think one or two dancers on stage at a time works better; maybe bring out everyone for just a couple of big numbers. I will be so interested to see how the show plays at later festivals, when she's done it several times through and fine-tuned it. :dance: 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

16 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

The hand motions seem to be tied with specific songs. 

She's done the same hand movements(like wringing them) for BTD in all 3 concerts. 

Maybe it's cuz she's running out of breath due to the long phrasing?

This is how she dances guys..

edit: jokes aside, her somewhat weird facial expression are due to vocal phrasing and trying to hit certain more tricky notes. Unfortunately, some of the movements are likely accompanied with vocal strain so not good for her, hopefully she takes care of her folds! But I don’t see anything particularly weird about either her faces or her hand movements. And yes, the hand movements have been the same, so it’s part of the choreo/performance

What does everyone here think about the Glastonbury controversy? Couldn't find any Glastonbury threads for this discussion.

My opinion: that audience is lucky, period. Lana is an absolute genius and she's getting flack all the fucking time. It's a miracle she still hasn't hung up her boxing gloves, said "fuck it," and retired. If she were a man or a band would they even do this? I saw her in Abu Dhabi a few years ago, she was 30 minutes late, but no one gave a fuck. She played a full concert, it was incredible, and the delay didn't phase anyone. I think the world today is just incredibly PC, nitpicky and and angry at everyone and everything. Remember Amy Winehouse being drugged out of her mind on stage just a decade ago? I honestly miss those days. This is seriously pathetic for everyone involved, especially Glastonbury, and it's not in the spirit of rock n' roll. If you want punctuality, go see the organ player in your local church, right?

26 minutes ago, barttttender said:

What does everyone here think about the Glastonbury controversy? Couldn't find any Glastonbury threads for this discussion.

My opinion: that audience is lucky, period. Lana is an absolute genius and she's getting flack all the fucking time. It's a miracle she still hasn't hung up her boxing gloves, said "fuck it," and retired. If she were a man or a band would they even do this? I saw her in Abu Dhabi a few years ago, she was 30 minutes late, but no one gave a fuck. She played a full concert, it was incredible, and the delay didn't phase anyone. I think the world today is just incredibly PC, nitpicky and and angry at everyone and everything. Remember Amy Winehouse being drugged out of her mind on stage just a decade ago? I honestly miss those days. This is seriously pathetic for everyone involved, especially Glastonbury, and it's not in the spirit of rock n' roll. If you want punctuality, go see the organ player in your local church, right?

I think Lana- truthfully- was wrong and she should step up her game… being late is late though right? Why she was 30 minutes late on that Abu Dhabi show and still be allowed to extend her time was because it was her own show. She’s a grown woman and needs to take responsibility and professional because it’s a festival after all

44 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

I think Lana- truthfully- was wrong and she should step up her game… being late is late though right? Why she was 30 minutes late on that Abu Dhabi show and still be allowed to extend her time was because it was her own show. She’s a grown woman and needs to take responsibility and professional because it’s a festival after all

Disagree. She's a human. Not a robot.

People wait for all kinds of services for 30 minutes or more - what's the big deal? You go to a doctor but they're slammed and ask you to wait. You wait. You go to have your hair done and the hairdresser wants to have a smoke because they've had the crappiest day. You let them have it. You go to a rock concert and the band shows up a bit later so you grab a fucking beer and chill.

God, I wish everyone would just take their sticks out of their asses. The constant whining about celebrities not being PERFECT 24/7 is insane. I bet every one of those people who complains about Lana is routinely late 30 minutes or more to everything in their life, including showing up for work in the morning. Would bet my life on it.

10 minutes ago, barttttender said:

People wait for all kinds of services for 30 minutes or more - what's the big deal? You go to a doctor but they're slammed and ask you to wait. You wait. You go to have your hair done and the hairdresser wants to have a smoke because they've had the crappiest day. You let them have it. You go to a rock concert and the band shows up a bit later so you grab a fucking beer and chill.

God, I wish everyone would just take their sticks out of their asses. The constant whining about celebrities not being PERFECT 24/7 is insane. I bet every one of those people who complains about Lana is routinely late 30 minutes or more to everything in their life, including showing up for work in the morning. Would bet my life on it.

it would be okay if this was once every now and then. but this has been going on for years, and it has only gotten much worse this year (30-50 minute delays... yikes), so there is no defending here.

image.png

56 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

it would be okay if this was once every now and then. but this has been going on for years, and it has only gotten much worse this year (30-50 minute delays... yikes), so there is no defending here.

well, I'd like to see it you'd make it in time to perform for 10s of thousands of people in a foreign country, whilst also juggling your wealth, relationships, family life, career, next album, contractual obligations, everyone's high expectations, a healthy body image, pets, and god-knows-what-else.

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

well, I'd like to see it you'd make it in time to perform for 10s of thousands of people in a foreign country, whilst also juggling your wealth, relationships, family life, career, next album, contractual obligations, everyone's high expectations, a healthy body image, and pets.

i would, in fact, especially considering how none of the things you listed are a factor of being on time

image.png

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

well, I'd like to see it you'd make it in time to perform for 10s of thousands of people in a foreign country, whilst also juggling your wealth, relationships, family life, career, next album, contractual obligations, everyone's high expectations, a healthy body image, and pets.

it’s not about emphasizing Lanz to be a perfect being. it’s about ethic. being on time is not hard ya know :)

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

If you start showing up for work 30 minutes late every time you’ll get fired simple as that . I am not defending or attacking her . It is what it is .  It’s not something to adore but it’s not something to complain about all the time .

1 minute ago, AntiToxicPill said:

If you start showing up for work 30 minutes late every time you’ll get fired simple as that . I am not defending or attacking her . It is what it is .  It’s not something to adore but it’s not something to complain about all the time .

Exactly. If she can't show up on time don't bother to go. People are acting like her being famous somehow excuses her being late. It's weird. It's giving parasocial relationships.

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Dude this post is crazy as hell! LOL! Nobody is showing up to work 30 minutes late every day and still working there. Be serious. 

If my Uber rides are always 30 minutes late I would switch to Lyft. If a restaurant was always giving out my food 30 minutes late I would start to support another one.