x VB

Somerset, ENG @ Glastonbury Festival - June 24th, 2023

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

Disagree. She's a human. Not a robot.

People wait for all kinds of services for 30 minutes or more - what's the big deal? You go to a doctor but they're slammed and ask you to wait. You wait. You go to have your hair done and the hairdresser wants to have a smoke because they've had the crappiest day. You let them have it. You go to a rock concert and the band shows up a bit later so you grab a fucking beer and chill.

God, I wish everyone would just take their sticks out of their asses. The constant whining about celebrities not being PERFECT 24/7 is insane. I bet every one of those people who complains about Lana is routinely late 30 minutes or more to everything in their life, including showing up for work in the morning. Would bet my life on it.

If I am paying £160 for a ticket to see her show (not that the cost should be an issue), I expect to see the full show! If she pitched up late and the show is cut short as a result, is that ok?  No, it isn't ok! If the show was allowed to run its course, then perhaps it's not such an issue. Except then you have people who need to catch the last train home for example. The same thing happened with Madonna. Late onto stage, people had to leave early to get the last train missing some of the show and/or her shows were cut short because of curfew.  Singers aren't any better than you or I. Some think they don't have to abide by the same rules. Well they do! Time is the most precious thing we all have, and if someone is always late for you, then they are disrespecting your time; is their time is more important that your time? Absolutely not! 

PS:  I can assure you, I am NEVER late for work because i respect my time and that of those around me.

As for the hairdresser, her going out for a ciggie doesn't affect the quality of my hair;  the dr's surgery are busy and my appointment is delayed doesn't affect my actual appointment. Your argument is null and void.

2 hours ago, Strangelove said:

Dude this post is crazy as hell! LOL! Nobody is showing up to work 30 minutes late every day and still working there. Be serious. 

If my Uber rides are always 30 minutes late I would switch to Lyft. If a restaurant was always giving out my food 30 minutes late I would start to support another one. 

100%

some people will excuse their idols anything. I will not; i hold them to the same standards I hold myself to.

5 hours ago, barttttender said:

What does everyone here think about the Glastonbury controversy? Couldn't find any Glastonbury threads for this discussion.

My opinion: that audience is lucky, period. Lana is an absolute genius and she's getting flack all the fucking time. It's a miracle she still hasn't hung up her boxing gloves, said "fuck it," and retired. If she were a man or a band would they even do this? I saw her in Abu Dhabi a few years ago, she was 30 minutes late, but no one gave a fuck. She played a full concert, it was incredible, and the delay didn't phase anyone. I think the world today is just incredibly PC, nitpicky and and angry at everyone and everything. Remember Amy Winehouse being drugged out of her mind on stage just a decade ago? I honestly miss those days. This is seriously pathetic for everyone involved, especially Glastonbury, and it's not in the spirit of rock n' roll. If you want punctuality, go see the organ player in your local church, right?

This person is ignoring the 1 important issue, that the show had to be cut short because of lateness. She knew about the curfew, her audience lost out as a result, It's literally that simple. Some people are ok with that, I'm not, especially as it seems to be a regular occurrence. 

8 minutes ago, HT71 said:

This person is ignoring the 1 important issue, that the show had to be cut short because of lateness. She knew about the curfew, her audience lost out as a result, It's literally that simple.

They'll blame the show for being sexist but not Lana. 

6 minutes ago, marcodelrey said:

Okay guys, this is my question for the culture. Sorry but I had to rant lmaooo

Feel free to share ur thoughts if I said something wrong 🥺

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuCD3iMrw-V/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I disagree 100% (but you are entitled to your opinion.) Whenever artists are late onto stage I often hear the complaints, ESPECIALLY if their set had to be cut short as a result. 

8 minutes ago, HT71 said:

I disagree 100% (but you are entitled to your opinion.) Whenever artists are late onto stage I often hear the complaints, ESPECIALLY if their set had to be cut short as a result. 

Yeah I know what u mean but I hate the fact his thing is going mediatic, everybody's blasting her, even the press. Like get over it, it was 30 minutes, not a non-show 🥺

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

1 minute ago, marcodelrey said:

Yeah I know what u mean but I hate the fact his thing is going mediatic, everybody's blasting her, even the press. Like get over it, it was 30 minutes, not a non-show 🥺

I think the press have been pretty good with her to be honest; they certainly didn't tear her a new arsehole and in the main have said how good she was on stage. It's simple; she was late, her audience lost out on the full show. Similar happened at Mita, though not so bad. The refused her to play the end of the show. She should know better.

On 6/28/2023 at 12:03 PM, Dominikx4 said:

i would, in fact, especially considering how none of the things you listed are a factor of being on time

it's easy to judge while you sit on your ass on your sofa with a bag of chips

The fact is: we don't know what her reasons were, how she's doing or what she's going through.

personally, i'm just happy she didn't start shooting up with all the god-damn flack she's getting.

no wonder cobain, amy w. and so many others died young. The pressure is high, flaws are not allowed, and everyone has an opinion. We're lucky she's even making music tbh. 

6 hours ago, marcodelrey said:

Because everyone CANT WAIT to blast her. That's the point. 

The media makes you, and then they break you. Lana has been experiencing that for years.

When the fact is: the festival forgot to mention her in the promo months ago! And did they get blasted for it??? No.

Personally, I feel like this was Lana's way of giving them the finger. And good on her.

I love that she doesn't give a fuck. Her true fans will tolerate 30 god damn fucking minutes.

And if the festival doesn't book her next year, that's fine. Same with those who are freaking out over not hearing 2 songs. #BigWhoop #FirstWorldProblems

3 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

Is her performance on iPlayer? She’s missing from all the adverts of the show

Nope not on iplayer, select songs on YouTube 

you just know there was tension surrounding that show :eek3:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

it's not about the delay itself - we got used to it. it's about the setlist being cut. imagine after seeing the mita performances you paid for Glastonbury tickets only to see her singing dyktattuob. and you didn't, because the setlist was cut.

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

50 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

it's not about the delay itself - we got used to it. it's about the setlist being cut. imagine after seeing the mita performances you paid for Glastonbury tickets only to see her singing dyktattuob. and you didn't, because the setlist was cut.

But her setlist could also be naturally shorter. Some bands and artists do 1-hour concerts. Some cancel altogether. Some cancel during the show (The Who, famously.) 

I genuinely feel like crying about two songs cut from a long-ass set list is first world problems to a tee. People just loooove to complain. When they spend their money in far stupider ways, e.g. drugs, cigarettes and alcohol. Is those 10 bucks that cutting out Video Games cost going to make a seismic shift in anyone's budget? No.

People need to chilllll

11 hours ago, Strangelove said:

Dude this post is crazy as hell! LOL! Nobody is showing up to work 30 minutes late every day and still working there. Be serious. 

If my Uber rides are always 30 minutes late I would switch to Lyft. If a restaurant was always giving out my food 30 minutes late I would start to support another one. 

Maybe in America they don't. In Europe in other places around the world, people are not expected to be punching in at 9 am. It's not 1954. Also, there's hybrid working, and a lot of people work remotely full time, which means there's no one there to clock them in.

As for your examples, that's totally fine. You can switch from Lana to Taylor or someone else then. 

I think there was a conflict between Lana and the promoters, maybe she delayed the show on purpose? Strange that the delay was exactly half an hour. And strange also that the organizers were so harsh, it seems a bit like a power play between them. We don't know what all happened in the background.

9 hours ago, HT71 said:

This person is ignoring the 1 important issue, that the show had to be cut short because of lateness. She knew about the curfew, her audience lost out as a result, It's literally that simple. Some people are ok with that, I'm not, especially as it seems to be a regular occurrence. 

I honestly feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone reading this. For decades, artists would show late to concerts. In fact, I don't think that I've ever in my life been to a concert that has started on time. Bands were smashing guitars on stage, diving into the crowds, showing up drunk and/or high. If you take a look at the 1990s grunge scene, you'll see all kinds of crazy shit. Heavy metal, hard core rock, don't get me started.

And now it's literally "eat your kale, drink your smoothie and get on stage at 10.30 sharp." I'd honestly take Lana's "I'm so fucking late, I'm sorry" over that. At least it's something to remember.

4 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

I think there was a conflict between Lana and the promoters, maybe she delayed the show on purpose? Strange that the delay was exactly half an hour. And strange also that the organizers were so harsh, it seems a bit like a power play between them. We don't know what all happened in the background.

I think so too. They got off on on the wrong foot when they forgot to mention that she's performing, and she hit back with "We'll see."

Clearly, they're a bit incompetent, and she's someone who doesn't allow disrespect. So, obviously, it's not about the hair. 

17 hours ago, barttttender said:

Because everyone CANT WAIT to blast her. That's the point. 

The media makes you, and then they break you. Lana has been experiencing that for years.

When the fact is: the festival forgot to mention her in the promo months ago! And did they get blasted for it??? No.

Personally, I feel like this was Lana's way of giving them the finger. And good on her.

I love that she doesn't give a fuck. Her true fans will tolerate 30 god damn fucking minutes.

And if the festival doesn't book her next year, that's fine. Same with those who are freaking out over not hearing 2 songs. #BigWhoop #FirstWorldProblems

Exactly! And I can tell: the ones saying "she has no excuses, she was late and she deserves it" wouldn't probably saying it to her face if they're gonna meet her cuz they don't have the guts + deep in their heart they know she's not comfortable with us anymore because of us and not because of her

(don't know if it makes sense, I just typed what I was thinking atm lmao)

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

15 hours ago, barttttender said:

I honestly feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone reading this. For decades, artists would show late to concerts. In fact, I don't think that I've ever in my life been to a concert that has started on time. 

And now it's literally "eat your kale, drink your smoothie and get on stage at 10.30 sharp." I'd honestly take Lana's "I'm so fucking late, I'm sorry" over that. At least it's something to remember.

This is so true. Exactly what I thought. 

Besides I also think there was something going on behind the scenes between her and the festival team. 

It was expensive watch it