x VB

Somerset, ENG @ Glastonbury Festival - June 24th, 2023

11 hours ago, Atlantis said:

this doesn’t work for me, says it was downloaded too many times 😭 does anyone have another link? i hope i’m not too late i really wanted to watch it 

It still works. Would you download from the Download All link to the right, instead of click on the file?

Link.jpg

On 6/24/2023 at 5:16 PM, delley said:

Ty, Delley.

My first opportunity to comment on the Glastonbury show.

Firstly, do not come on late. No one is above the curfew, and the same will apply in Hyde Park. (I have stopped going to Madonna concerts because of her constant lateness and I wont tolerate it from any artist. The most precious thing we have is time, and someone can't respect my time, then I will not be spending my time on them (technical issues are different.) I don't buy the 'hair' excuse.

Secondly, the whole doing her hair moment onstage is the tackiest ting I've ever seen at a concert. Why? 

Thirdly; the dancers were completely superfluous to requirement. Perhaps she needs them so she doesn't feel on her own but it was tacky.

Fourth; Lana was almost tweeking on stage; what the hell was she doing sometimes with the mouth, hands and facial expressions? Either anxiety or she's on something.

Fifth; lets finish on a high, her vocals were probably the strongest I've heard her. She was soooooo good.

-

I like this guy

In defence of Lana Del Rey’s tardiness

The decision to cut Lana off halfway through her set has generated a heated debate. As many fans saw it, this was a disrespectful and even sexist move, while detractors criticised her for a lack of professionalism and argued she only had herself to blame. It’s strange that Glastonbury has such a strict curfew in the first place, considering it takes place on a farm in the middle of nowhere and some events last all night – who’s going to complain about the noise? The decision to cut her off seems somewhat pedantic and mean-spirited, then, but whether it’s an act of misogyny targeted at Lana specifically, I’m not convinced: plenty of men have had festival sets cut for the same reason.

I do, however, believe that it’s unrealistic to expect Lana Del Rey to adhere to something so prosaic as a schedule – she’s a poetess! Leave efficient time-keeping to the management consultants of the world. Being a little messy, a little ethereal, is part of her appeal: no true Lana fan would object to her being late on account of her doing her hair, when that’s literally her whole vibe… In any case, 30 minutes doesn’t seem egregiously tardy: some artists have kept fans waiting for several hours. Let’s cut her some slack, and keep in mind that her hair did, in fact, look very nice – does that count for nothing?

No - you can't make excuses for someone lateness... she didn't know she was on? She was watching GNR? Who knows. If it was technical then fine, but that's the only acceptable reason to be late on stage. 

Sound carries, that's why there's a curfew. That person is so entitled; it's not all about 'their' experience. And to say she's a poetess and that's a good enough reason - I'm embarrassed for them. Absurd.

9 minutes ago, HT71 said:

Firstly, do not come on late. No one is above the curfew, and the same will apply in Hyde Park. (I have stopped going to Madonna concerts because of her constant lateness and I wont tolerate it from any artist. The most precious thing we have is time, and someone can't respect my time, then I will not be spending my time on them (technical issues are different.) I don't buy the 'hair' excuse.

Secondly, the whole doing her hair moment onstage is the tackiest ting I've ever seen at a concert. Why? 

Thirdly; the dancers were completely superfluous to requirement. Perhaps she needs them so she doesn't feel on her own but it was tacky.

Fourth; Lana was almost tweeking on stage; what the hell was she doing sometimes with the mouth, hands and facial expressions? Either anxiety or she's on something.

Fifth; lets finish on a high, her vocals were probably the strongest I've heard her. She was soooooo good.

I found some of movements of mouth, hands weird too... but maybe she's only stressed out : When i've got anxiety my hands shake a lot

14 minutes ago, HT71 said:

To be fair the doing her hair on stage and the costume change is the concept that ties in with candy necklace, bringing the behind the scenes to the forefront.. unfortunately the joke about being late for her hair and most not realising the hair on stage is part of the performance just made it fall flat. The dancers.. well.. people complained her shows were boring because she just stood there and sang and then she incorporates dancers and it’s tacky, I suppose she can’t win :um2:

I didn’t notice so much the facial expressions/mouth/hand movements at Glastonbury, but I did notice it at mita, I put it down to emotions but I guess we don’t know..  rumours are circulating but I won’t feed in to that, I just hope not 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

11 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

To be fair the doing her hair on stage and the costume change is the concept that ties in with candy necklace, bringing the behind the scenes to the forefront.. unfortunately the joke about being late for her hair and most not realising the hair on stage is part of the performance just made it fall flat. The dancers.. well.. people complained her shows were boring because she just stood there and sang and then she incorporates dancers and it’s tacky, I suppose she can’t win :um2:

I didn’t notice so much the facial expressions/mouth/hand movements at Glastonbury, but I did notice it at mita, I put it down to emotions but I guess we don’t know..  rumours are circulating but I won’t feed in to that, I just hope not 

What rumours?

(Hi, first post here!)

Yes, being late was a screw up, but she did seem to be sincerely sorry about it (even though she'd have been better off not giving any excuse than the one she gave!). No point defending it really, but f*** it, it happened. At least she wasn't an hour late or something, and was able give a great performance for an hour. The ending was certainly memorable!

48 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

The performance was honestly giving Sky Ferreira at that one show.

I don't know much about Sky; how so?

3 minutes ago, HT71 said:

I don't know much about Sky; how so?

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

2 minutes ago, HT71 said:

I don't much about Sky; how so?

She had this one performance where she had lot of strange body language going on and many speculate drugs. Sky was grinding her teeth and took off her shoes I believe. I don't speculate Lana was on drugs but something very strange was going on I think. Her vocals were crazy impressive, meanwhile the dancers were all over the place... Just a very unique and strange performance in my opinion. 

39 minutes ago, Will Del Rey said:

(Hi, first post here!)

Yes, being late was a screw up, but she did seem to be sincerely sorry about it (even though she'd have been better off not giving any excuse than the one she gave!). No point defending it really, but f*** it, it happened. At least she wasn't an hour late or something, and was able give a great performance for an hour. The ending was certainly memorable!

She tried to say the hair thing as a joke which came off very negative. Almost like, it doesn't matter I am late. Because of my... hair. 

1 minute ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Bless you :sky::lmaoney: #youdontwannaknow

OMG. That exact GIF HAHA! 

21 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

you know what's up!!! I'm a fan of dance too and some of the comments I read regarding the choreos and the dancers made me side-eye ngl. I'm a alex stan, I think she's very talented and that she's doing an amazing job as a choreographer. the new ballet dancers are great, especially hennessy, she's crazy talented as well!

the part when they start running is a bit funny, I'll say that, but I get the purpose! I just love everything they've been doing so far and they compliment lana's music very well, it's a shame most people can't see that

Is this hennessy? I was so proud I finally learned Alex and Ashley names. Now I have to learn five more! Click to activate the gif. Youtube pulled my UV snippet from Glastonbury. It was beautifully filmed with the highlight of the ballet choreo to the music. So epic!
SQCpM.gif

All y'all y'all, who the dancing doesn't speak to you, I get it. You need to spend more time studying and watching ballet to acquire an appreciation! It takes time for anyone. Just as we Lana fans appreciate her music.

@prettywhenimhigh said: "I'm a alex stan, I think she's very talented and that she's doing an amazing job as a choreographer." You already knew, but I am discovering! The history is: Alex / Ashley are welcome add to Lana's show since 2016? 17? A pleasure to watch the three perform choreo by . . . the lady choreographer in LA. Alex's amazing solo dance improvised to Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have But I Have It at the Hollywood Bowl suggests her talent, but these last few shows are next level! Alex going for Choreographer crown!

1 hour ago, Louise said:

Is this hennessy? I was so proud I finally learned Alex and Ashley names. Now I have to learn five more! Click to activate the gif. Youtube pulled my UV snippet from Glastonbury. It was beautifully filmed with the highlight of the ballet choreo to the music. So epic!

that's molly horne! I messed up the names, still learning too. it took me a while to figure out alex and ashley as well lol I'm following both hennessy (@hennessy_5678) and molly (@itsmollyhorne) on ig but the ballet crew made a instagram page as well you can follow them @lanas_ladies 

1 hour ago, Louise said:

The history is: Alex / Ashley are welcome add to Lana's show since 2016? 17? A pleasure to watch the three perform choreo by . . . the lady choreographer in LA. Alex's amazing solo dance improvised to Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have But I Have It at the Hollywood Bowl suggests her talent, but these last few shows are next level! Alex going for Choreographer crown!

yeah alex and ashley joined in 2016! the negative comments were the same back then: "unnecessary", "lana looks miserable doing the choreography", "they're not adding anything and these choreos are embarassing" which again... a shame. also, too bad ashley isn't with them anymore

yeah that performance of hope at the hollywood bowl is stunning! alex has worked dancing for lady gaga, beyoncé, rihanna, jlo and many other artists and she has the dance/fitness thing in LA too but I think it's well deserved she became the official choreographer now

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

@Louise I do appreciate ballet and have been to the ballet on many an occasion. No criticism of their dancing, just of it's place in the show. I just felt it unnecessary. 

Idk it’s one thing to criticize the lateness, dancers, and even the concept of the show but judging her facial movements and hand movements I think is a little too much. We know she’s still not really confident when she performs and I think that’s just the nerves getting to her