Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,065 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

no way y'all are still arguing about her being late for like 4 days and across 2 threads :hillary:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I don’t know what that says about me but Fingertips is perhaps one of the tracks I listen to the most. There’s just something unbelievably magical about driving or riding a bike listening to that song - it’s like a portal to a different dimension. It’s heavy and incredibly Mark Kozelek-like in its diaristic style which may not be the most replayable thing ever but the sheer imagery of both her vivid memories and of her wandering through a hazy, foggy forest contemplating about her past is just earth-shattering. It’s quite frankly one of the best things she’s ever done, in my opinion.

IMG-1607.jpg

10 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I’m crying cause that was probably me

If you believe it was, it probably was, because that's exactly or almost exactly how it was worded. It's a perfectly acceptable reaction. 

I came across this 5 star review and this part is so true:

In the single the album is titled after, “Did you know there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd,” this remembrance is accompanied by an irrefutable sense of loss. Even as Del Rey croons “don’t forget me,” the song is more introspective than anything.

And this is one of the reasons why I think Ocean Blvd is her best-written song ever, with Mariners Apartment Complex coming for a close second spot. It's incredibly intense and detailed. The song is indeed about herself first and foremost; her insecurities, her fear of dying and getting old and having no legacy, not leaving a mark in this world (a child). She's trying to explain herself, and that is exactly what I wanted from her.

Ocean Blvd is her "revenge album", not Blue Banisters.

This song is just epic.

1 hour ago, PARADIXO said:

I came across this 5 star review and this part is so true:

And this is one of the reasons why I think Ocean Blvd is her best-written song ever, with Mariners Apartment Complex coming for a close second spot. It's incredibly intense and detailed. The song is indeed about herself first and foremost; her insecurities, her fear of dying and getting old and having no legacy, not leaving a mark in this world (a child). She's trying to explain herself, and that is exactly what I wanted from her.

Ocean Blvd is her "revenge album", not Blue Banisters.

This song is just epic.

I would agree if she hadn't used that weird song line "Fuck me to death" :eek:

The album has grown so much on me, probably top 3. I never get bored of listening to it. Aside from the Judah Smith interlude, I pretty much love everything else on it. I've also learned to appreciate the tracklist as is (rather than my attempts to make a different one) and I've found I enjoy it much more that way. Songs like Kintsugi and Grandfather have grown lots since release. Definitely, one of her best crafted records.

Probably this would be my current ranking:

1. Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
  2. Taco Truck x VB
  3. Kintsugi
  4. Let the Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
  5. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
  6. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
  7. A&W
  8. Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
  9. The Grants
  10. Paris, Texas
  11. Fishtail
  12. Fingertips
  13. Sweet
  14. Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
  15. Jon Batiste Interlude

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

just saw this omg the end why did she eat this tf up :oprah2: like these vocals are so good she sounds so confident singing with the backup singers at the end im proud of her :cryney2:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

something tells me that photo is A.I Oprah-winfrey GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It's an outtake from the Rolling Stone UK photoshoot that she posted on her instagram. Though, I don't think the tweet was suggesting that the photo was from the supposed video, but rather just using it as a decorative visual for the post x

C554-D639-E756-4-B24-B1-B4-02-DA43-ADA8-

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

8 hours ago, pin up galore said:

just saw this omg the end why did she eat this tf up :oprah2: like these vocals are so good she sounds so confident singing with the backup singers at the end im proud of her :cryney2:

It will end up as one of the defining Ocean Blvd era performances. It's too good.

Also, I firmly believe Ocean Blvd is shaping up to become one of Lana's most iconic / defining eras

Born to Die, Norman F Rockwell and Ocean Blvd

She's bigger than ever, the amount of material we got this year is insane, all the press talk, headlining festivals, selling out stadiums, controversies, acclaim etc

She's legend

18 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Also, I firmly believe Ocean Blvd is shaping up to become one of Lana's most iconic / defining eras

She's bigger than ever, the amount of material we got this year is insane, all the press talk, headlining festivals, selling out stadiums, controversies, acclaim etc

She's legend

right, we need atleast 1 more MV though

29 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

She's legend

I don't really feel this. Ocean Blvd feels bigger than Blue Banisters but we still got only one MV, which has only 2 million views (despite it's one of her best). All other eras like Honeymoon, Lust For Life or even Chemtrails feel bigger and more defining for me.