Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

21 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

Idk about you guys but I need to be in a certain mood in order to play Ocean Blvd from start to finish. It's a very heavy album, just like Lust for Life and Blue Banisters. But I do love to play the last 3 tracks. She really did that by putting Fishtail - Peppers - Taco Truck together. Hands down best part of this record.:defeated:

I cry every time I listen to Fingertips, so I have to mentally prepare for listening to the entirety of the album :daydream:

It’s very cohesive though and obviously beautifully done. I will say I never listen to the interludes unless I’m listening to the album start to finish :coffee:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

In title track the line where she says "Lennon in my back, whisperin' in my ear 'come on, baby, you can thrive'" into "but I can't" really breaks me. Followed up with the final chorus, like the urgency and desperation that it conveys. It really feels like a call for help, to be heard, and waiting to be answered. Its very relatable which is tragic

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

2 hours ago, 5adboy said:

Idk about you guys but I need to be in a certain mood in order to play Ocean Blvd from start to finish. It's a very heavy album, just like Lust for Life and Blue Banisters. But I do love to play the last 3 tracks. She really did that by putting Fishtail - Peppers - Taco Truck together. Hands down best part of this record.:defeated:

It's a heavy album for sure. As was BB. That's why I keep saying the next one should be on a lighter, more fun side.

The last purely fun record we got was LFL, with Love, Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, Get Free, Cherry, etc. (second half was heavy, yes, but too much of it was pretty upbeat, really).  This is becoming too gloomy.

3 hours ago, boom like that said:

In title track the line where she says "Lennon in my back, whisperin' in my ear 'come on, baby, you can thrive'" into "but I can't" really breaks me. Followed up with the final chorus, like the urgency and desperation that it conveys. It really feels like a call for help, to be heard, and waiting to be answered. Its very relatable which is tragic

This is one of the lines that people online seemed to argue over (what exactly the line said), and that she took the time to VERY clearly enunciate when singing it live, so I think she really wanted it to be understood.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

17 hours ago, 5adboy said:

I second this word by word!

For me OB is maybe her most relevant record to date, but listening to its entirety it's kinda difficult (not only because how lengthy it is, but also because even if its an amazing album, the cohesiveness is lost at some points).

The last three-track run is just brilliant though. Three of her best, most dynamic, rich and vibrant songs, and perfectly displayed as the closing ones for the record!

It’s so insane to me that when the album was initially released Margaret was often looked over. Tiktok did us a favor in helping Margaret get the recognition she deserves :true:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

I was listening to the old *leaks*/*Snippets* from that site during the pre-release era and...does anyone know what that *snippet* of that song that "my hands cause you pulled me through a pain I never knewwww ooohhh yeahhh ohhh ahhh ahhh yeahhh yeahhh push it all for you, push it all for you, push it all for you..."??? I remember thinking it was Kintsugi?? Can I post it on here since we know it's not on the album?? Where did that snippet come from?? Was it AI?? It sounds like Lana just listening to it? lol it sounds heavenly

sgopYhV.gif

8 hours ago, ever said:

British people never fail with their taste in music! I can see her getting a nomination and winning at the BRIT Awards too!

I'm actually surprised that A&W got the first places because I had never imagined that BBC would put a song called American Whore on a first place, I even thought that they're gonna give the first place to a song by British artist lol. That's so amazing, I hope that Lana's and A&W world domination continues in 2024 too! :flutter:

url%5D