Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

8 hours ago, Wtauf said:

Imagine the numbers if she decided to make a LTLI a single and sent it to the radio. I know that people on radio stations would eat it up:dance4:

She's been a little off with her single selection since NFR. 

Example: LMLYLAW as the first single. Gurl, what? 

Example 2: Arcadia... Barely made it to her top 100 most listened songs on Spotify. And then, Blue Banisters isn't even in the top 100.

Example 3: Candy Necklace. Love the song. But a single? With a big budget music video. Huh?

Let the Light in def woulda been better than The Grands and Candy Necklace. As would Peppers.

I would have done:

Ocean Boulevard (the title song and a Lana classic)

A&W (a banger to remind everyone what she can do)

Let the Light In (one of the duets off the record and the most radio-friendly one)

Peppers (another little banger)

15 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

I really thought grandfather would be a HIT, but it turned out to be the song with the least amount of listeners :pls: even though it’s one of the album’s highlights :gurl: 

same thing happened with HM’s swan song, NFR’s the greatest, cotcc’s DBJAG, and BB’s thunder, I feel like no one’s ever talking about them, even though they’re top 3

I'm with you.

I was always confused by the people's reaction to Wild at Heart. To me, it's one of Lana's top 20 songs ever. And it shoulda beee the first single imo. But no one cares about that track (#122 on Lana's spotify) .

The Greatest, Dark But Just a Game and Thunder all definitely deserve more plays. Especially the Greatest, which is a flat-out masterpiece.

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Example 2: Arcadia... Barely made it to her top 100 most listened songs on Spotify. And then, Blue Banisters isn't even in the top 100.

Example 3: Candy Necklace. Love the song. But a single? With a big budget music video. Huh?

Let the Light in def woulda been better than The Grands and Candy Necklace. As would Peppers.

I would have done:

Let the Light In (one of the duets off the record and the most radio-friendly one)

I agree. I know it was a single but I also think she would’ve had a huge moment had she done a video for Summer Bummer with asap rocky like its a very palatable song and a video would’ve drawn in nostalgic btd/national anthem fans. Even when she picks good singles she doesn’t really commit to them its frustrating- and she says she picks her favorite songs as singles so why doesn’t she give them more love/promotion 

15 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

I really thought grandfather would be a HIT, but it turned out to be the song with the least amount of listeners :pls: even though it’s one of the album’s highlights :gurl: 

same thing happened with HM’s swan song, NFR’s the greatest, cotcc’s DBJAG, and BB’s thunder, I feel like no one’s ever talking about them, even though they’re top 3

is it really the lowest outside of the interludes?? I believe it’s one of her most genius songs to date :legend:

sgopYhV.gif

I probably listened to this album the least out of all of her releases for no reason other than age and a general change in music tastes, but, my favourite and most replayed tracks stay as: Sweet, Fingertips (uncensored version) and Grandfather xx

Admittedly had the Taco Bell song on repeat when it first came out bcz i, too,  met my boyfriend by the taco bell 

On 1/5/2024 at 10:06 PM, violettiaras said:

I agree. I know it was a single but I also think she would’ve had a huge moment had she done a video for Summer Bummer with asap rocky like its a very palatable song and a video would’ve drawn in nostalgic btd/national anthem fans. Even when she picks good singles she doesn’t really commit to them its frustrating- and she says she picks her favorite songs as singles so why doesn’t she give them more love/promotion 

OMG YES! I always wanted a Summer Bummer video in some kind of sexy horror style. Like Lana and Rocky in a haunted house. I think that would've made the song one of her biggest songs and videos.. I just adore that song anyway, it's so fun, and can't believe she missed the opportunity to do another video with hot Rocky (and Payboi). Instead, we got that perplexing video for White Mustang, a song that is nowhere near as hot.

So, yeah, she definitely should select her singles and videos better. 

I keep seeing people saying she’s campaigning for a Grammy but really everything she does isn’t even related to her album??? Like I think she’d perform at that Elvis event anyway, and that Harper’s bazaar photoshoot was probably planned way before the Grammy noms… one thing that was probably planned specifically for media was country roads cover but it still wasn’t really related to her album, it just gave her some additional media coverage 

so yeah for me it just looked like her usual promo, it wasn’t like she performed A&W and Candy Necklace on SNL or anything 😭

1 hour ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

She is doing NOTHING for this album. Where is the music videos for Let The Light In and A&W? :keyboard:

she just wanna lose that grammy again and be depressed about it:oop2:

2 hours ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

She is doing NOTHING for this album. Where is the music videos for Let The Light In and A&W? :keyboard:

I agree. Zero campaigning. Meanwhile, everyone else is on every god damn red carpit in the world pimping their stuff.

I wish Lana put in as much effort as Billie Eillish does. She coulda had three Oscars by now, let alone Shammys.

21 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

she just wanna lose that grammy again and be depressed about it:oop2:

16 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I agree. Zero campaigning. Meanwhile, everyone else is on every god damn red carpit in the world pimping their stuff.

I wish Lana put in as much effort as Billie Eillish does. She coulda had three Oscars by now, let alone Shammys.

I'm tired of hearing everyone say that she doesn't care about these things, when clearly she does...

Like... Girl- she has only mentioned Ocean Blvd a couple of times. :brigitte:

3 minutes ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

I'm tired of hearing everyone say that she doesn't care about these things, when clearly she does...

Like... Girl- she has only mentioned Ocean Blvd a couple of times. :brigitte:

She has mentioned, though, that she "wishes her album has gone as viral as those Waffle pics"

Maybe she's just a bit disappointed with the reception from the fans/album sales?

Just now, barttttender said:

She has mentioned, though, that she "wishes her album has gone as viral as those Waffle pics"

Maybe she's just a bit disappointed with the reception from the fans/album sales?

I think album sales is the last thing she would care about

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

I still don't care for the title song at all. Overall, I personally place OB the album at the bottom of her discography. I know both are unpopular LDR opinions. 

I agree winning one or more Grammy and then releasing a LTLI video would be a shrewd move. 

On 1/5/2024 at 5:54 PM, barttttender said:

I would have done:

When she released LMLYLAW I took it as a confirmation that the album was still coming soon. It was exactly 2 weeks after the physical release of the Violet audiobook.