Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Just now, fine china said:

Why isn’t Taco Truck 9 minutes :crossed:

i wish the first part was like a full song and thennn the venice bitch remix could be put on the end of that

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

Just now, brandon said:

Yeah it’s definitely a big statement and I like 100% see where people are coming from when they say it makes them uncomfortable

Me or my family was never religious ever, but I went to a catholic school my life and I definitely saw how terrible the religious pressure was for a lot of people. like you said, borderline felt like conversion therapy for some people, especially when it’s coming from family as well.

So while I’m able to listen to it mindlessly and enjoy  the haunting nature of it, it could definitely trigger something negative in a lot of people. however simply just skip it idk like hide it on spotify or something :toofunny:

Exactly! But I guess that « cancelling your vinyls » is more dramatic :pft: (needless to say that some of her fans really are intense drama queens  :eek2:)

3 minutes ago, cominguplavender said:

i wish the first part was like a full song and thennn the venice bitch remix could be put on the end of that

:gclap:Musically, the end of Taco Truck is my absolute favourite moment of the album… I’d take three additional minutes of that.

https://youtu.be/Z2JBNByXkfY

This is the only one I could find on YouTube lol. I actually loved the instruments but the pastor was annoying asf, so I replaced it with this. :party:

ps: Ave Maria is still unleaked. Idc if it ruins the phase, I would've enjoyed it on the album 10x more. 

Edited by Yameena Khatri

5 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

are there other reviews still to come or are they all done? i’m trying to write a summary of Lana’s critical reception for my English essay but i don’t know whether i should wait 😭

on aoty.org there are 19 reviews so far, which is about half of what others of her albums have (except BB)

bahaha i went over to reddit to see what’s going on after reading the last few pages of this thread n came across this comment:

“It amuses me that Lana fans will lap up song after song replete with edgy references to praying, preaching, heaven, hell, God, the Bible, judgement, sin, and Jesus...But she puts a track with an actual Bible-quoting pastor in it, and they all run to the toilet”

#spilled

n then they continued with “It's not just ‘a jackass in church’ - it's a guy begging God to help him love the people and things he already has in life instead of selfishly chasing after more money, power, and sex. What could be more feminist and anti-capitalist than that? What could be more honest and RAW?

If fans can't hear that, they're not listening”

which is an interesting take/interpretation on it ngl. Love that

Just now, peachlipgloss said:

the instrumental of let the light in changed my life 

yeah the outro is what started to click for me, it's really pretty

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 minutes ago, Jared said:

It looks like only the worst and most insufferable people are supporting this album.

1.png

it doesn't look like donald trump, elon musk, or andrew tate are saying anything about this album, so you must be incorrect :blush:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Just now, burthday kake said:

#me :illumilana2:

:diva:

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

it doesn't look like donald trump, elon musk, or andrew tate are saying anything about this album, so you must be incorrect :blush:

I swear to god if you manifest Andrew Tate tweeting Lana lyrics I'm coming 4 u

5 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

bahaha i went over to reddit to see what’s going on after reading the last few pages of this thread n came across this comment:

“It amuses me that Lana fans will lap up song after song replete with edgy references to praying, preaching, heaven, hell, God, the Bible, judgement, sin, and Jesus...But she puts a track with an actual Bible-quoting pastor in it, and they all run to the toilet”

#spilled

n then they continued with “It's not just ‘a jackass in church’ - it's a guy begging God to help him love the people and things he already has in life instead of selfishly chasing after more money, power, and sex. What could be more feminist and anti-capitalist than that? What could be more honest and RAW?

If fans can't hear that, they're not listening”

which is an interesting take/interpretation on it ngl. Love that

not gonna get into this but the american christian culture that judah smith is a part of is completely enmeshed with the way capitalism operates and oppresses in America and it's probably similar elsewhere. and judah smith is not a feminist, the lines about lust and infatuation sound a lot like the rhetoric used to suppress female sexuality

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.