Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

2 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

My vinyls from her store, target and Amazon have all shipped. Where y’all buying delayed vinyls?

They're shipping some, but it seems like only 1\3 of orders are going out this week. Physical locations like Target are having 6 copies on shelves.

-

HDD saying 115k? That's a huge slay, they probably aware of the vinyl situtation.

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

current rank :hooker:

group 1 - solid top tracks

group 2 - amazing songs that just missed my top favs

group 3 - good songs but not ones i seek out

group 4 - no thank you

group 5 - why?

1. Peppers
  2. Tack Truck
  3. Fingertips
  4. A&W
  5. Candy Necklace
  6. Did You Know...
  7. The Grants (would be better without the intro)
  8. Fishtail
  9. Kintsugi
  10. Sweet
  11. Margaret (would be better solo)
  12. Grandfather...
  13. Let the Light in
  14. Paris, Texas
  15. both interludes

here's mine

1. candy necklace

2. a&w

3. fingertips

4. ocean boulevard

5. let the light in

6. the grants

7. jon batiste interlude

8. paris, texas

9. grandfather

10. sweet

11. judah smith interlude

12. margaret 

13. kintsugi

14. fishtail

15. taco truck

16. peppers

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

18 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

because it's the shortest song, they have only a short attention span

I adore the song but this is still true. People need to learn to read books again, poor attention span is a whole epidemic in media right now.

2 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

My vinyls from her store, target and Amazon have all shipped. Where y’all buying delayed vinyls?

My Amazon vinyl hasn't shipped. I ordered it the same day it went online. It still says "arriving Tuesday" but we'll see.

I got shipment notifications from her webstore for my white vinyl and pic discs on Tuesday (or maybe it was Wednesday)... but the actual tracking number shows neither have them have actually been shipped yet, just the label and tracking number have been created.

Just now, rosemead ramada said:

My Amazon vinyl hasn't shipped. I ordered it the same day it went online. It still says "arriving Tuesday" but we'll see.

I got shipment notifications from her webstore for my white vinyl and pic discs on Tuesday (or maybe it was Wednesday)... but the actual tracking number shows neither have them have actually been shipped yet, just the label and tracking number have been created.

ive had tracking numbers for packages that havent even left the post office. the just gave you the number before they could get to ship it.

Just now, The Siren said:

my point (which i never mentioned here :flop:) is that i wanted it on release day :trisha:

Yeah me too. Im so impatient I literally just went to Target yesterday and bought the vinyl in person, even though my order already shipped. It won't be here until Monday and I can just return the one that comes in the mail.... Sorry but I was not about to have NOTHING in my hands on release day

2 minutes ago, trustno1 said:

I went to two different targets near me, one was having renovations and online it said the other target was stocked but that wasn't the case when we got there, the store manager tried finding them with no luck, I think they were stolen :facepalm:

my target had a single isle stand for like 3 vinyl and 2 cd copies in the whole selling floor :air:

1 minute ago, rosemead ramada said:

Yeah me too. Im so impatient I literally just went to Target yesterday and bought the vinyl in person, even though my order already shipped. It won't be here until Monday and I can just return the one that comes in the mail.... Sorry but I was not about to have NOTHING in my hands on release day

i went to target on release day after work and picked up a cd

the first cd i picked up had a crack in the rear of the jewel case so i turned around to switch with the other one before i got to the registers

Edited by The Siren

ok here’s my ever-changing ranking:

1. peppers

2. let the light in

3. a&w

4. candy necklace

5. did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean blvd

6. fingertips

7. paris, texas

8. sweet

9. fishtail

10. grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he’s deep sea fishing

11. taco truck x vb

12. kintsugi

13. margaret

14. the grants

15. judah smith interlude

16. jon batiste interlude

NOW BEFORE ANYONE COMES AT ME, this ranking was literally impossible and none of the songs deserve to be in the bottom half of the ranking because they’re all good (i won’t even comment on the interludes bc they lowkey just piss me off). i feel so bad for ranking taco truck x vb that low because everyone seems to like it, but to me it’s just okay. LOVE the vb part tho :wub:  i’ll come back in a few days with a new ranking because i just know it’ll change 

2 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I love fishtail but it just sounds a little cheap. But it’s okay.

:sluttybunny:

agreed :true: its honestly a bop but the production takes me out of the vibe every time i listen

4 minutes ago, trustno1 said:

I went to two different targets near me, one was having renovations and online it said the other target was stocked but that wasn't the case when we got there, the store manager tried finding them with no luck, I think they were stolen :facepalm:

Maybe they didn't put them out. Online it said they had multiple copies in stock, but there were none to be seen out on the sales floor. I did a store pick up and they had no problem fulfilling that order. I would try doing it as store pick up if they notify you its ready for pickup, then you'll know they just were hiding them