Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

5 hours ago, Lasso said:

Katy in the absolute most FLOP tv show in Brazil is so ironic in some way. this is the most awkward video I watched this month, I can't stop replaying it

this is so humiliating omg… poor sis katy i'll pray for her and her career

Its a Katy Perry album. period. Is she using the same formula of an old album??? it reminds me of some of her old projects tho. Needless to say that Gorgeous is the best song and Kim ate the whole album song."Truth" is  cute tho and Wonder sounds like a Prism outtake I like her a bit too (except that kid's vocals remove it pls). Crush is hideous :rip:

I won't bother listening to the album when it drops but I'm curious to hear your opinions: is 143 better or worse than Smile?

2.gif

15 hours ago, Lasso said:

Katy in the absolute most FLOP tv show in Brazil is so ironic in some way. this is the most awkward video I watched this month, I can't stop replaying it

So, Nicole Louise almost killed me from cringe. Like I loved her early days on tiktok but she became one of the most insufferable being on earth omfg.

Just listened to the album. It was not good, but I’m not really surprised by that. I expected to like a couple of songs though but none of them did anything for me. Flop! All The Love was alright though.

sig-cropped.png

42 minutes ago, Embach said:

I won't bother listening to the album when it drops but I'm curious to hear your opinions: is 143 better or worse than Smile?

Smile was underwhelming but it did have Never Really Over and Harleys In Hawaii so...

sig-cropped.png

11 minutes ago, back2back said:

So, Nicole Louise almost killed me from cringe. Like I loved her early days on tiktok but she became one of the most insufferable being on earth omfg.

is that the girl who did this face? Katy Perry e Nicole Louise -  (crédito: Redes Sociais ) 

she's from my city I'm so embarassed :rip:

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

2 hours ago, Embach said:

ooh girl lol 143 is more polished than Smile imo… 143 is better but not that much. I had only one listening session but this album has potential to be a grower for fans. I think its a good still predictable comeback for Katy. I like the aesthetic and the features are on point (Kim still devours anything). The album is short which I liked and Im curious to listen to the deluxe when its out

Kim ate her up in her feature. Girl doesn't miss with her features and this one isn't any different. 

I don't mind the album. I don't hate it but I don't think it's good enough to power through the hate she's been getting. It's not bad by any means but it's just not good enough for the work to speak for itself. Some of the songs sound derivative of her past eras, which is both a good thing for some songs, and a bad thing for others. In my first listen I like half the tracks, which I guess is decent enough. 

Standouts to me are Gorgeous (thanks to Kim), Lifetimes, Crush, Nirvana, All The Love, and Wonder. 

I honestly expected to find this album terrible or awful but I really liked it in the end... ALL THE LOVE, NIRVANA and ARTIFICIAL are the best songs imo. JID absolutely slaughtered his verse (take notes 21 savage, take notes). WONDER was really touching and TRUTH was cute. I expected I'M HIS HE'S MINE to be absolute shit but it's a guilty pleasure bop if I'm being honest... GORGEOUS is pretty fun. 

In general 143 is a pretty fun record. Some of it feels like it's what Katy does best and she really tapped in with this album, but theres a few misses too, such as some tracks lacking lyrical content. Honestly I just vibed with it. It's like fragments of what made her so great 10 years ago but also a mix of something new. I think some songs like CRUSH and WOMAN'S WORLD for sure could have been better in some way with a little bit of reshaping, but i feel like at the end of it, it's a cute and standard dance pop album with nothing deeply rooted. Love it or hate it ig

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

7 hours ago, Embach said:

and if i say it's better than smear… :nails: not better than GODness tho

1 hour ago, lakeemmahottie said:

I honestly expected to find this album terrible or awful but I really liked it in the end... ALL THE LOVE, NIRVANA and ARTIFICIAL are the best songs imo. JID absolutely slaughtered his verse (take notes 21 savage, take notes). WONDER was really touching and TRUTH was cute. I expected I'M HIS HE'S MINE to be absolute shit but it's a guilty pleasure bop if I'm being honest... GORGEOUS is pretty fun. 

In general 143 is a pretty fun record. Some of it feels like it's what Katy does best and she really tapped in with this album, but theres a few misses too, such as some tracks lacking lyrical content. Honestly I just vibed with it. It's like fragments of what made her so great 10 years ago but also a mix of something new. I think some songs like CRUSH and WOMAN'S WORLD for sure could have been better in some way with a little bit of reshaping, but i feel like at the end of it, it's a cute and standard dance pop album with nothing deeply rooted. Love it or hate it ig

finally an actual thought review instead of piping hatred into this thread without even listening to the album 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Gorgeous and Nirvana are cute. That’s about it.

She’s never been an album artist to me. The most consistent one she released was Teenage Dream, everything else always only had a handful of good tracks imo.

The album/singles certainly aren’t going to carry this era. I’m guessing any touring she does will be a success though, so at least she’s got that.

49 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

finally an actual thought review instead of piping hatred into this thread without even listening to the album 

i feel like people just think she's shit because theres this trope that when a female artist has a baby, theres a 50/50 chance the music is "mid/cringe" and i feel like people are still bitter over dr. puke production...

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG •