Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

I'm not holding my expectations high for this album as Katy has always been the blandest of all the pop girls (her music all sounds the same, so uninspired and she never evolves) still, she does create some bops from time to time. So im intrigued to see if she has decided to be somewhat interesting and different this time around, or is she going to release the same basic pop songs she's been releasing since 2008? lets find out

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

6 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I'm not holding my expectations high for this album as Katy has always been the blandest of all the pop girls (her music all sounds the same, so uninspired and she never evolves) still, she does create some bops from time to time. So im intrigued to see if she has decided to be somewhat interesting and different this time around, or is she going to release the same basic pop songs she's been releasing since 2008? lets find out

thoughts?

:w8ing:

Big lol, anything that wasn’t a single before Harleys, sucks. Big time.

Who knew when an artist gets pregnant their art evolves into something so shallow and uninspired. Or perhaps that just happens when singers start trying to write their own music when they originally didn’t.

1 hour ago, veinsineon said:

Big lol, anything that wasn’t a single before Harleys, sucks. Big time.

Who knew when an artist gets pregnant their art evolves into something so shallow and uninspired. Or perhaps that just happens when singers start trying to write their own music when they originally didn’t.

I wish she’d go back to the alt-rock sound she started out with. OOTB is one of the best pop albums of the 00s, and she wrote a handful of those tracks completely by herself (including her magnum opus: Thinking Of You)...

Ever since she switched to a more electronic/modern sound (to compete with Gaga?) her writing quality as drastically fallen. NRO is the only thing she’s released post-Teenage Dream that can even touch her earlier works; and it’s sad because I think she could deliver another really great OOTB style album

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

The album is meh but the stand out so far is only love 100% its generic but it’s really great

i really like resilient too

hated diddy on smile

high on your supply is the worst song 

not the end of the world was definitely a Witness reject 

and until I’m dead I will say that NRO deserved lead single treatment

1 hour ago, veinsineon said:

I share this thought regarding Paloma Faith. The Architect was such a letdown after her three first albums, especially Fall to Grace. I don't wanna blame it on the pregnancy, but right after her birth, she began working on her fourth album The Architect and the result is a mess.

But Katy... I mean, I enjoy her music but I know it's nothing exceptional. So yeah :smokes3:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 hours ago, GroupieLove said:

thoughts?

:w8ing:

Well after first listen, my ranking is (1 being my fav, 12 being least fav)

1. Never Really Over 

2. Harleys in Hawaii

3. Not the End of The World

4. Champagne Problems

5. Cry About It Later

6. Only Love

7. Tucked

8. What Makes A Woman 

9. Teary Eyes

10. Daisies 

11. Resilient

12. Smile

Im actually pleasantly surprised about this because i usually don't like katy perry albums at all, only selective songs. But i actually enjoyed every song on this album! Smile and Resilient were the only ones that i didn't care for much, but overall i thought this was super fun and cute. (also i thought she was changing that god awful cover?)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, Mer Boy said:

I wish she’d go back to the alt-rock sound she started out with. OOTB is one of the best pop albums of the 00s, and she wrote a handful of those tracks completely by herself (including her magnum opus: Thinking Of You)...

Ever since she switched to a more electronic/modern sound (to compete with Gaga?) her writing quality as drastically fallen. NRO is the only thing she’s released post-Teenage Dream that can even touch her earlier works; and it’s sad because I think she could deliver another really great OOTB style album

I think Waking Up In Vegas is her best song both lyrically and just like all around lol, so I would KILL for a OOTB sound but re-vamped... 

I dug the fuck out of witness, it was a nice direction. And besides poor commercial decisions like migos  on BA , it was a great direction for her.

365, NRO, & ST are all great to me I liked that more futuristic-minimalism sound she had for a hot second. But this shite is just awful! 

49 minutes ago, moonchild13 said:

I share this thought regarding Paloma Faith. The Architect was such a letdown after her three first albums, especially Fall to Grace. I don't wanna blame it on the pregnancy, but right after her birth, she began working on her fourth album The Architect and the result is a mess.

But Katy... I mean, I enjoy her music but I know it's nothing exceptional. So yeah :smokes3:

Funny you mentioned that album because that was my introduction to miss Faith and as I was listening I literally thought to myself “wow... this is just a mom making music for moms...” so I’m glad I wasn’t the only one lmfaoo

6 hours ago, moonchild13 said:

i completely agreeee The Architect was such a HUGE letdown after being so hyped up by her past work

On 8/26/2020 at 5:59 PM, TrashMagiq said:

i like tucked, the other songs are cute but nothing special. maybe NRO and HIH set the bar too high for me..

listened to it a couple of times again n i rlly like this album tbh. i still think NRO and HIH are way better than the rest of the album but as a whole it’s a cute fun pop album

qfrWuBl.png

I keep listening to the record and I have to admit I like it. Not my fave of the year, definitely, but it's not that bad. I thought I'd end up hating it, but it's cool. 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: