ultrabanisters

London, UK @ BST Hyde Park - July 9th, 2023

1 minute ago, redsangrias said:

Does anyone else remember Father Jon Misty on stage saying Lana wrote Normal Fucking Rockwell (song) is about him? Or was that a fever dream?

And when Lana performed NFR, he was on the visual in the background (video clip from Freak)...

?

I don't think this ever happened

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

2 minutes ago, redsangrias said:

Does anyone else remember Father Jon Misty on stage saying Lana wrote Normal Fucking Rockwell (song) is about him? Or was that a fever dream?

if this was true i don't think they'd be friends :oic2:

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

1 hour ago, daphnedinkley said:

the mimicking hitting herself during ultraviolence was so funny and cute

shes been doing it for almost every show now and i think its neither funny nor cute its kinda distasteful 

7 minutes ago, redsangrias said:

And when Lana performed NFR, he was on the visual in the background (video clip from Freak)...

?

I read it was about Jonathan Wilson, which often writes with FJM and whom she supposedly went out with after the LFL era… 

4 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

shes been doing it for almost every show now and i think its neither funny nor cute its kinda distasteful 

Mimicking it is not that different from singing those lyrics tho

The legacy

Loved her dress, loved her confidence, loved her voice (from what I heard of her performance), but NGL, this show has been hyped way too much for nothing. First of all, there was no real surprise from her previous venue in Dublin, except the Sean shade (that was cool and man, did that bastard leave a heavy mark if she’s still hurt by what happened). 
second of all, what was the point of all of those guests who collabed with her if they didn’t do their respective songs with her?!?! I didn’t think RIOPY or SYML would join her on stage for her set, but I thought she’d finish their set with her collab . Same with FJM. 

Anyways, maybe I’m a greedy fucker who had too high of expectations for that show :tsk:

3 minutes ago, x VB said:

Mimicking it is not that different from singing those lyrics tho

so you think she should mimick being fucked by someone during the "you fucked me so good i almost said i love you" lyric? :bebe:

1 minute ago, venicebitch said:

so you think she should mimick being fucked by someone during the "you fucked me so good i almost said i love you" lyric? :bebe:

I'll say it again. Mimicking a problematic lyric isn't that different from singing it.

The legacy

5 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

:true:

24 minutes ago, redsangrias said:

?

yeah he did say lana wrote a song about him. he didnt say which one though. he said the song had the laurel canyon lyric in or 6ft 2 or something idk so probs is nfr

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

8 minutes ago, x VB said:

I'll say it again. Mimicking a problematic lyric isn't that different from singing it.

i get it that lyric is problematic but having it visualised in front of you makes it like... double problematic:mj2:

like there's a difference between singing something and making a dummy dance move out of that lyric

36 minutes ago, redsangrias said:

?

He said something along the lines of: He heard the song was about him because of the 6'2 and Laurel Canyon lyrics. However they spoke and she told him that the guy was actually 5'8, but that didn't rhyme so she changed it to 6'2. And then he made a joke like "Thanks for that Lana!" 

Who knows if that's true though :creepna3:

I thought it was HILARIOUS that she put the giant photo of him on the main screen during NFR ... Likeeee I see what you're doing Lana!  :gasp:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

2 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

He said something along the lines of: He heard the song was about him because of the 6'2 and Laurel Canyon lyrics. However they spoke and she told him that the guy was actually 5'8, but that didn't rhyme so she changed it to 6'2. And then he made a joke like "Thanks for that Lana!" 

Who knows if that's true though :creepna3:

I thought it was HILARIOUS that she put the giant photo of him on the main screen during NFR ... Likeeee I see what you're doing Lana!  :gasp:

Lana is very cunning. They probably conspired to do this together, get her Stans tongues wagging. I’m just over 5’8 btw.

50 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

i hope she does it with Cola too... I wanna hear it live before I die

Same, but I know she’ll never do the high note, like when she skips the “ooh” in Blue Jeans. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

33 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

i can understand why you have that take, for sure! sorry if i came across insensitive <3

Wq9zHLl.jpg