fishtails

Ultraviolence Anniversary UO Vinyl Repress

7 hours ago, x VB said:

she's not an indie artist anymore, stop gatekeeping her music and merch.

love how the 'indie' label still clings to her as if she hasn't sold millions of plastic discs of music at this point

23 hours ago, x VB said:

I don't get it. They probably sold more than 20k copies ww, what did you guys expect? The crowd at Glastonbury was 60k+ people and it was one concert in London :derpna3: she's not an indie artist anymore, stop gatekeeping her music and merch.

When people say that Lana is indie, I don't think that they mean she's under an independent label but I think they mean that her music is indie pop/indie rock

url%5D

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

When people say that Lana is indie, I don't think that they mean she's under an independent label but I think they mean that her music is indie pop/indie pop

no one can accept that the phrase indie has gained multiple meanings over time for some reason lol

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

yes she's indie pop and i would argue that she's even aided in the changing of the meaning of indie as she's progressed through her career. she's also all over tiktok and the internet and people are in love with the uv era now more than ever. of course they'd want to repress as many as they could over a smaller re-release of a record people have been wanting for a little over nine years

Honestly, I'm glad this repress happened so the people who couldn't afford to drop $200 on it back when it was rare could get it. Though I should've waited a few months before I was the one to give into resellers on this vinyl. :deadbanana:

Last.FM

1 hour ago, joeboe30 said:

love how the 'indie' label still clings to her as if she hasn't sold millions of plastic discs of music at this point

Lol I said that she's not an indie artist anymore. She totally was till Ultra-Honeymoon :um2:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

59 minutes ago, Embach said:

When people say that Lana is indie, I don't think that they mean she's under an independent label but I think they mean that her music is indie pop/indie pop

No I used "indie" as a "not a popstar". It may not be the best word to use, but English is not my first language so... you get the point

I don't even know why I'm explaing myself :um2: 

The legacy

1 hour ago, Embach said:

I kinda use the term "indie" to describe someone who makes musical/creative decisions without regards to commercial success. They're not independent from a major label, but their creative direction is independent from overly commercial decisions and the label doesn't seem all that involved with their writing and producing processes. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Lana makes more money dropping as many copies as possible, regularly. The only people who make money from limited runs and special releases are scalpers , lol.

this is a win for everyone, idk why people are upset :facepalm: they sell out in a day even AFTER losing their “limited edition” status. I think it’s safe to say the demand for Lana kinda makes it hard for her to be unsuccessful in this day and age. And plus  more merch sales means less of a “forced” tour. She will definitely enjoy touring a whole lot more without the idea of paying back the label for the music in mind.

On 7/19/2023 at 3:28 AM, pipe said:

idk im thinking abt cancelling my preorder, I feel like its not that exclusive anymore bc its still available on pretty much all of her stores (expect the US)

same

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

I hate to get my hopes up but I’ll be so upset if we don’t get a lust for life coke or heart repress tomorrow. I’m forever traumatized from the Walmart music mania (I think that’s what it was called) they canceled my coke bottle order and I’m still upset:toofunny:

Just now, TropicoKitten said:

I hate to get my hopes up but I’ll be so upset if we don’t get a lust for life coke or heart repress tomorrow. I’m forever traumatized from the Walmart music mania (I think that’s what it was called) they canceled my coke bottle order and I’m still upset:toofunny:

I don't think a 6 year anniversary is a big enough milestone? 

7 minutes ago, Mer said:

I don't think a 6 year anniversary is a big enough milestone? 

tbf ultraviolence vinyl was released for 9th anniversary so anything's possible:air:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, taco truck said:

tbf ultraviolence vinyl was released for 9th anniversary so anything's possible:air:

omg you're right I thought it came out in 2013 for a second. 

5 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Unsure which merch thread to put this in (this was the most recently updated one):

Screenshot-20230721-051559-Instagram.jpg

Does anybody recognize these SS remixes? :um2:

I have just posted a thread about it but it is not approved (yet?) I found it in various shops now, looks official as it says polydor

For example https://www.deejay.de/Lana_Del_Rey_Summertime_Sadness_MK_Mixes_LDR580R_Vinyl__1028148

Maybe it's heart-shaped, lol

It was expensive watch it 

11 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Unsure which merch thread to put this in (this was the most recently updated one):

Screenshot-20230721-051559-Instagram.jpg

Does anybody recognize these SS remixes? :um2:

Why would people buy a remix vinyl? :um2:

The legacy

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

This remix vinyl isn't something they have added to her official shops so far.

It's nothing exclusive however, I found at least 10 indie shops offering it

It was expensive watch it