Lana to be featured on 'Life Lesson' from Jon Batiste's new album - Out Now

''Zach Dawes introduced us because he thought we would have a great creative spark'', Batiste said in a recent interview with NME.

Imagine thinking Lana would have a creative spark with a Colbert sidekick who makes corny boomer music for people who think Macklemore is better than Kendrick Lamar.

giphy.gif

Other than Barrie, her father, and Emile, no collaborator has been able to make her shine on an album not her own :dua:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

6 minutes ago, Jared said:

''Zach Dawes introduced us because he thought we would have a great creative spark'', Batiste said in a recent interview with NME.

Imagine thinking Lana would have a creative spark with a Colbert sidekick who makes corny boomer music for people think Macklemore is better than Kendrick Lamar.

giphy.gif

"this was a song" - ajayii

ok so at the beginning i kind of hated this one, but as the song progressed, it got a tad better. just a bit.

the piano ballads on ocean blvd were honestly better constructed, and ik most of you want her to stop with the ballads, but i dont mind them.

this one however didn't have much of a melody, it was very flowly and ethereal, i guess? it kind of transported me. my feelings are mixed, but i give it a 3/5.

36 minutes ago, Jared said:

Imagine thinking Lana would have a creative spark with a Colbert sidekick who makes corny boomer music for people who think Macklemore is better than Kendrick Lamar.

And she did! Candy Necklace remains unbothered :really:

3 hours ago, Fingertips said:

This is sublime. Jon sounds gorgeous as well. She is so above and beyond whatever box or category you want her to satisfy.

So far I like his parts more than hers 😅🙈 haven't really made up my mind about it yet. I had actually no idea what his voice sounded like, as in candy Necklace you can hardly hear him. I thought he was just a piano artist 😂🙈

It was expensive watch it 

personally, i don't really care for it, it feels... disjointed, also, i hate how muffled lana's vocals are here, especially in comparison to the instrumental and jon's vocals, it may have worked better on heroin or get free, but here, it stands out too much, but not in a good way

i'm happy for everybody who enjoys it though! 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

The song is MEH. Another quickly put together piano track with an not-so-interesting melody,  average vocals and unsurprising, safe arrangements. 

Another addition to Lana's ever-expanding piano ballad pile that I never touch. :rip: 

Colbert side kick? The guy is as New Orleanian as it gets.

1.)Jon is extremely talented. His piano style is entirely original.

2.)The lil Wayne song is a far cry from any type boomerism.

3.)the Macklemore - Lamar claim you made is just something you made up in your head which has no semblance to reality, or the general populous' tastes and beliefs

12 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

personally, i don't really care for it, it feels... disjointed, also, i hate how muffled lana's vocals are here, especially in comparison to the instrumental and jon's vocals, it may have worked better on heroin or get free, but here, it stands out too much, but not in a good way

i'm happy for everybody who enjoys it though! 

I agree, Jon's vocals were crystal clear but Lana's sounded like there was a carpet between her mouth and the microphone. And that's kind of the only thing that bothers me from her current music, especially when she works with Drew Ericson or Zach Dawes, her vocals are like that.

url%5D

Lana Del Rey has a "beast" songwriting process, says Jon Batiste (The A.V. Club)

“It wasn’t something that we planned,” Batiste continued. “She was finishing her record (Tunnel) and I was starting my record. She came into the studio and then all of a sudden we started making a bunch of stuff. It was happening in real-time.”

48 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

And she did! Candy Necklace remains unbothered :really:

Oh please. That song is Lana on autopilot. It's more of a background noise than a song. Repetitive and boring.