lanaismamom

Deadly Nightshade EP

So, the very minute after Neil Krug posted that fabulous outtake from the "Rust Dress/Ultraviolet White" photoshoot, I took a look on that set for the thousandth time and actually found out the set is so different from other sets made for "Ultraviolence", and with that it's in that "Ultraviolence" universe, and if literally every other shot is perfect for "Ultraviolence" with its roughness and moody vibe around it, "Ultraviolet White" set gave me some strong mid-end spring static, light and warm vibes. And "Ultraviolence" is definitely the album where every outtake deserves a spot on it, it's just you can't throw away any of songs - they are just on their places, so me and my friend figured out the special edition for this album and created this project, "Deadly Nightshade EP", that is supposed to capture that spring and melancholy atmosphere really well. It's still "Ultraviolence", but with that special suburban and forest touch of early-May breeze. Happy to see any feedback regarding this fan project:)

Here is the tracklist

1. Yes to Heaven (James Ford Version)
2. Fine China (Rick Nowels Version - unleaked, but I'm sure it will fit very best)
3. Your Girl
4. Unidentified Flying Bill
5. Nectar of the Gods
6. Living Legend
7. Flipside
8. Is This Happiness

And visuals - Covers

Spoiler

Front Cover

eE3zEMRHWtk.jpg?size=2134x2000&quality=9

Back Cover
6jvtZzRjovw.jpg?size=1280x1280&quality=9

Booklet

Spoiler

8 page booklet
0wPy7vJVKyI.jpg?size=1080x2160&quality=9

Booklet's back cover
IjOJ3wzSTOo.jpg?size=2000x2000&quality=9

Disk

Spoiler

LFApJI5cW5A.jpg?size=2000x2000&quality=9

Under-disk picture

0-_FI9tbxdM.jpg?size=2000x2000&quality=9

Single idea

Spoiler

a7dle4YY5kY.jpg?size=2000x2000&quality=9

This is an approximate model of a physical copy

Spoiler

YBa_RO9hZp8.jpg?size=525x456&quality=96&

9n_oXNoqMNE.jpg?size=1035x461&quality=96

WAZ_rONJJP0.jpg?size=612x465&quality=96&

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

8 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

So, the very minute after Neil Krug posted that fabulous outtake from the "Rust Dress/Ultra White" photoshoot, I took a look on that set for the thousandth time and actually found out the set is so different from other sets made for "Ultraviolence", and with that it's in that "Ultraviolence" universe, and if literally every other shot is perfect for "Ultraviolence" with its roughness and moody vibe around it, "Ultra White" set gave me some strong mid-end spring static, light and warm vibes. And "Ultraviolence" is definitely the album where every outtake deserves a spot on it, it's just you can't throw away any of songs - they are just on their places, so me and my friend figured out the special edition for this album and created this project, "Deadly Nightshade EP", that is supposed to capture that spring and melancholy atmosphere really well. It's still "Ultraviolence", but with that special suburban and forest touch of early-May breeze. Happy to see any feedback regarding this fan project:)

Here is the tracklist

2. Fine China (Rick Nowels Version - unleaked, but I'm sure it will fit very best)
3. Your Girl
5. Nectar of the Gods
6. Living Legend
7. Flipside
8. Is This Happiness

And visuals - Covers

Hide contents

Front Cover

Back Cover

Booklet

Hide contents

8 page booklet

Booklet's back cover

Disk

Hide contents

Under-disk picture

Single idea

Hide contents

Hide contents

:flutter:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

Absolutely beautiful and amazing work, you did not disappoint me! :legend:

The tracklist is perfect, the photos you used for the album cover/back cover and booklet were stunning and the physical copy looked so gorgeous! That's something I would buy if it was official! :illumilana2:

url%5D

this is so gorgeous!! i love it :poordat: it would also be so cool to see one of these ep ideas for the early lfl concept :flutter:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

This is so beautifully put together! You did an amazing job, I love both the visuals and tracklist. UV is truly the era that keeps on giving :oprah:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

Love this! Saving and going to listen to it like this tomorrow. 

I agree that the shoot doesn't really fit with the rest of UV. To me, it's like the bridge between UV and Honeymoon, and so are all of the songs you've listed. 

On 6/28/2023 at 5:12 PM, Lanaparadiserey said:

This is gorgeous, you should make one for Honeymoon but when it was a follow up EP to UV 

thank u:wub: i think i could ve made this but we have very few songs unfortunately:( this EP, Deadly Nightshade, is more like that transition EP between UV and HM id say, and Dark City and Beautiful People not really fit in there, i think that one thing was just a concept in mind without sessions even started 

23 hours ago, honeymo0n said:

this is so gorgeous!! i love it :poordat: it would also be so cool to see one of these ep ideas for the early lfl concept :flutter:

this is interesting period and i think songs made from april-may 2015 - january 2016 jave that same spacey and trans energy, lust for life demo 1,2, if i die young, heroin and groupie love early recordings, and couldve been easily merged into one project. that EP wouldve been really great and something familiar to this one or Paradise EP, i mean these songs are still with influences from the past albums but its different direction, i just need more songs to compose such thing. its just happen what we have really much UV sessions and that u can match from these songs a project to the aesthetics that ultraviolet white is, this match was perfect and ive never had more enthusiasm to create a fan made thing than i had with this concept. im also thinking to create that born to die album from 2010 recordings, with that real sassy and daring sound, songs like driving in cars with boys, kinda outta luck, you can be the boss, some demos of released songs like national anthem demo 1, these songs are clearly in one vein of sound and aesthetics that can be composed in one album that it would look cohesive. these 2 projects im really looking forward to start conceptualizing on

also thanks to everyone again its so nice to read your comments, i really appreciate that:wub::kiss:

so i was really inspired to reimagine 2012 releases since there were so many plans and cancelations and decided to creare a follow up EP to BTD and called it paradise with this tracklist

1. Hollywood
2. American (Demo)
3. JFK
4. Starry Eyed
5. Blue Velvet
6. I Don't Wanna Go

7. TV in Black & White
8. Will You Still Love Me?

with these visuals (btw photos from the set that is on the first 2 lines was also shot alongside other sets that were later ended up being used, but this one is kinda different from them all, it just screams that vintagness so i decided to use it as main visuals for this EP)

Spoiler

b-BydjkL8Rc.jpg?size=999x601&quality=96&

because these songs are really different from paradise that was eventually released and i still find these tracks like jfk, starry eyed for its own project that shares similar sound and aesthetics

with that, i want to see on this idea of merging 2012 sessions with early 2013 sessions as these songs shared similar production and themes and see if there will be a full album with a placeholder name "tropico", with these tracks not in particular order

Spoiler

Ride
Cola
Body Electric
Gods & Monsters
Yayo
Bel Air
Burning Desire
I Talk to Jesus
Mike

Summertime Cover 
Earhquakes
Ave Maria
Old Money
Money & Power
Black Beauty
Guns n' Roses
Angels Forever, Forever Angels

i dont know about aesthetics yet but im sure i will find some good shots from tropico photoshoot

On 6/28/2023 at 2:40 PM, lanaismamom said:

So, the very minute after Neil Krug posted that fabulous outtake from the "Rust Dress/Ultraviolet White" photoshoot, I took a look on that set for the thousandth time and actually found out the set is so different from other sets made for "Ultraviolence", and with that it's in that "Ultraviolence" universe, and if literally every other shot is perfect for "Ultraviolence" with its roughness and moody vibe around it, "Ultraviolet White" set gave me some strong mid-end spring static, light and warm vibes. And "Ultraviolence" is definitely the album where every outtake deserves a spot on it, it's just you can't throw away any of songs - they are just on their places, so me and my friend figured out the special edition for this album and created this project, "Deadly Nightshade EP", that is supposed to capture that spring and melancholy atmosphere really well. It's still "Ultraviolence", but with that special suburban and forest touch of early-May breeze. Happy to see any feedback regarding this fan project:)

Here is the tracklist

3. Your Girl
5. Nectar of the Gods
6. Living Legend
7. Flipside
8. Is This Happiness

And visuals - Covers

Hide contents

Front Cover

Back Cover

Booklet

Reveal hidden contents

8 page booklet

Booklet's back cover

Disk

Hide contents

Under-disk picture

Single idea

Hide contents

Hide contents

Omfg i forgot to ask can u post the full inlay with the spines please if that's ok?