hotshot2am

Lust for Life Anniversary Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl Repress

On 7/26/2023 at 11:30 PM, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Nice! To pick that one up by chance! It’s one I wanna grab eventually, I don’t usually buy the black pressings but that ones special :flutter:

honestly the quality is not the best—there’s a lot of pops, even after 3 wet cleans through a spin-doctor. I also just upgraded to a ML stylus (vm95ml cartridge from Audio Technica) on my Rega, but there’s still distortion on TNC. It’s probably one of the worst records I own from a quality standpoint…hoping this Coke bottle one is cleaner. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

On 8/4/2023 at 3:36 PM, Mer said:

honestly the quality is not the best—there’s a lot of pops, even after 3 wet cleans through a spin-doctor. I also just upgraded to a ML stylus (vm95ml cartridge from Audio Technica) on my Rega, but there’s still distortion on TNC. It’s probably one of the worst records I own from a quality standpoint…hoping this Coke bottle one is cleaner. 

What's really weird is out of all my records it's somehow always acumlating a fuckton of dust, I'm thinking about switching out the dust jacket because the amount of static and dust is ridiculous & unexplainable 

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Well the announcement would be prior, no?

I don’t think there has been an announcement for these drops

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

23 minutes ago, eyelovelefteye said:

What's really weird is out of all my records it's somehow always acumlating a fuckton of dust, I'm thinking about switching out the dust jacket because the amount of static and dust is ridiculous & unexplainable 

I have put them in anti-static sleeves (and use an outer sleeve as well), and no matter how many times I have wet cleaned it, Side A is full of pops, clicks, and distortion. I think it's just a bad master tbh--TNC is really distorted, and beyond just normal inner groove distortion (I use a microline stylus)--it sounds like it was compressed wayyyy too much. Disc 1 also has a bowl warp...

I think something with it being some sort of "demo master" with the incorrect versions of Summer Bummer and Groupie Love also means that it also wasn't totally optimized. I really hope they've remastered the coke bottle clear pressing. 

18 hours ago, Mer said:

I really hope they've remastered the coke bottle clear pressing. 

That's a beautiful dream and will most likely always be one 😅🙈

It was expensive watch it 

25 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Whilst on discussion of represses, do we think this will more likely be like the clear version or the cloudy version?

which version was pressed less?

On discogs, about 3000 say to have the clearer, thinner US version and 1300 to have the thicker, cloudierEU one. 

Just now, Olympia said:

On discogs, about 3000 say to have the clearer, thinner US version and 1300 to have the thicker, cloudierEU one. 

I thought that was the case, mine is the clear one, would be nice to get a cloudy one too 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

3 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I thought that was the case, mine is the clear one, would be nice to get a cloudy one too 

When it comes to Lana's clear releases, her EU presses are usually frosted and her Canadian or US ones clear, so I'm afraid it's not the thin, clear version. (For me it's the other way round, I got the cloudy EU version. It's supposed to have the better sound though.) 

9 minutes ago, Olympia said:

When it comes to Lana's clear releases, her EU presses are usually frosted and her Canadian or US ones clear, so I'm afraid it's not the thin, clear version. (For me it's the other way round, I got the cloudy EU version. It's supposed to have the better sound though.) 

Oh interesting, so maybe it will be cloudy then if ordered from the UK store, I suppose time will tell! 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

8 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Oh interesting, so maybe it will be cloudy then if ordered from the UK store, I suppose time will tell! 

I think she recently does them all in the same place (EU for first edition and Canada for repress), so I guess they'll be all the same. 

I’ve always wondered if having the three track run of Heroin-Change-Get Free was an artistic choice or a technical one. I think they could’ve done 4 tracks on each side all the way through, so I really appreciate them giving her magnum opuses (opi?) their very own side.