LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

10 minutes ago, Slow Dance to rock music said:

manifesting sultry 

“Long Nails Down Your Back” vibes :hooker:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

9 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

unless its something like this interlude and not uninteresting and too hyped candy necklace:pft: aged so bad to me

Okay I love both but the interlude IS SO UNDERRATED. So much emotion and rawness yet so soft and not many lyrics. The music told the story. However, I will not tolerate candy necklace slander! It was simple in structure, but that doesn’t mean it was uninteresting or lacking musical integrity. Such a strong metaphor for the dangers of love and fame. I have always loved that Lana isn’t scared to bare the deepness of her emotion and that has helped me get through some of the darkest points in my life.

Just now, Offtotheraces01 said:

Okay I love both but the interlude IS SO UNDERRATED. So much emotion and rawness yet so soft and not many lyrics. The music told the story. However, I will not tolerate candy necklace slander! It was simple in structure, but that doesn’t mean it was uninteresting or lacking musical integrity. Such a strong metaphor for the dangers of love and fame. I have always loved that Lana isn’t scared to bare the deepness of her emotion and that has helped me get through some of the darkest points in my life.

the interlude is flawless top 5 off the album yeah and candy necklace is still a stronger song with all that it just aged much faster than i expected :( but i can see why its so loved its absolutely deserved

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

8 hours ago, Embach said:

Imo, idk how unpopular it is, Candy Necklace is the best song from Ocean Blvd, for me. I could listen to the instrumentals solely for hours, it's soooo haunting. The combination of classical jazz slow haunting piano w hazy dreamy strings is so genius and it's the reason why I love Lana's music.

If the new album has 10 Candy Necklaces I would love it and listen to it religiously

Literally. I’m hoping for more drama, Lana has always let her instrumentals play a big part in her story. Her voice almost seeming as more of the lead instrument in an orchestra, guiding you through the story. And I think ocean blvd as a whole was a huge signal that mother is bringing back the DRAMATICS! High end, thought provoking music video, amazing looks both on and off tour, and the return of a more detailed sound/ story. And she’s obviously ready for what’s to come next ;) I’d say where she is right now is a great marker for where she’s headed!

1 minute ago, lanaismamom said:

the interlude is flawless top 5 off the album yeah and candy necklace is still a stronger song with all that it just aged much faster than i expected :( but i can see why its so loved its absolutely deserved

I feel that. One of my hot takes is you don’t have to stream an album 14 million times a day to appreciate it, so I try to pace my intake of each project so I don’t outgrow it😂😂

11 hours ago, AntiToxicPill said:

Ride and national anthem disagree . 

They’re amongst her most iconic MV. Love them both very much, especially National Anthem. I love when she does iconic MV, but one or two per era is “enough” for me. 

5 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

Candy Necklace did the opposite for me:

upon release, I was like “ok it’s cute, but we overhyped it a lot, for a piano ballad”… but it is now in my top 5 most listened tracks from OB: I love the “obsessed Lana” and she delivers so much Old Hollywood starlet vibes in it, plus the dark and subtle undertones,

with its finale that sounds like an incantation :bodyisready: With the interlude that is a bit all over the place and yet, so harmonious and jazzy

14 minutes ago, shadesofloveduthenandnow said:

Will I die or will I get to that tenure mark where I beat the extinction of telomeres?

IMG_0080.gif

It’s giving :

image.png

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

44 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Ok Dua Lipa is actually making a 70s pyschedelic rock inspired album with Tame Impala. A description that is often used in Lana pre-pre-release threads to describe wishes for the new album sound.

It’s a sound I wish Lana would dive more into at some point. But if Dua does it good, it might get it « out of my system » and will be able to enjoy whatever Lana throws at us next :true:

50 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Ok Dua Lipa is actually making a 70s pyschedelic rock inspired album with Tame Impala. 

Wow, so unpredictable and cutting edge.