Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

On 8/12/2023 at 11:29 AM, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Not the peppers hate…. She did something so iconic with that song! The production, the lyrics, the I-don’t-give-a-fuck attitude, the amazing surf rock WIPE OUTTTT section… it’s a work of art!

if you don’t get it then forget it :oprah3:

I mean half of the song isn't even her singing so it's hardly iconic. It literally sounds like a concept demo 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

14 hours ago, Mer said:

How would she remove the mentions of Jesus in a song called "I Talk To Jesus" tho? 

Hide contents

I talk to [sparkly censorship like in Fingertips], and ask him if he'll think of saving me (shut up, shut up) 

It’s not the talking to Jesus part that bugs me, but the fact that she’s asking him to be saved… And I get the song, but I’ve been raised in a very conservative background with lots of church talking and “Jesus  save us from eternal damnation”. Even Lana can’t sell me this one. But I know ITTJ a favourite here, and that I am the minority, but hey, isn’t it what pre-pre-releases are for? To express pour wishful thinking or impossible dreams regarding a Lana LP? :omfg2:

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It’s not the talking to Jesus part that bugs me, but the fact that she’s asking him to be saved… And I get the song, but I’ve been raised in a very conservative background with lots of church talking and “Jesus  save us Tom eternal damnation”. Even Lana can’t sell me this one. But I know ITTJ a favourite here, and that I am the minority, but hey, isn’t it what pre-pre-releases are for? To express pour wishful thinking or impossible dreams regarding a Lana LP? :omfg2:

I'm not religious but that's my favourite line in the song, it's kind of heartbreaking :xcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 hours ago, taco truck said:

From what we know she was working with Jack in March so I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear something in the upcoming months!

My bet is that we get a new album in September 2024, with first single in May. Before that we may get a few more low-key collabs and standalones. I don’t think the unreleased is coming or at least not now. My job is forecasting so I may very well be super wrong here :lmao:

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I'm not religious but that's my favourite line in the song, it's kind of heartbreaking :xcry:

It is heartbreaking TBH: Girl spent all of her life chasing a dream not didn’t fulfil her in the end and her last hope is for Jesus to save her / take her back to her starting point. 

and I’m glad that the vast majority of LB wasn’t PTSDed by religion, so they can enjoy ITTJ, unlike me (same reason why I can’t listen to the Judas Smith Interlude: I’ve had way too many preachers yelling over my younger years to be able to listen to it)

1 hour ago, LanaBalkana said:

My bet is that we get a new album in September 2024, with first single in May. Before that we may get a few more low-key collabs and standalones. I don’t think the unreleased is coming or at least not now. My job is forecasting so I may very well be super wrong here :lmao:

27 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

unreleased --> January 2024

LDRX --> September 2024

If LDRX is an original album, then I don’t think it’s coming before 2024, your timelines being very realistic @ShadesOfViolence @LanaBalkana. But if it’s an unreleased album, I think fall 2023 is not that far-fetched, but the big question is whether we’ll get vinyls out of it (I must admit that her label pulling out so many unreleased has me questioning why: is it because they want to release the whole bunch of her unreleased discography digitally or because they are taking all the songs down “just in case”? If so, it’s a bit stupid because nobody is making any money out of those anymore…). 

51 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I definitely think we are getting an album in like September of next year or around that time. We will definitely know solid information by like January-March of next year 

Interscope’s safest bet (and biggest success) would be to release the unreleased collection this fall, digitally only (SYTH is doing super well, and it would generate a very steady revenue stream over the months / years to come, just like BTD), with a new album at the beginning of 2024, with physical copies and all. 

10 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

when it's

Hundred Christian Anthems (feat. Judah Smith) :toofloppy:

She did share Judah Smith's insta story tho :assad:

url%5D