Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Collaborative album or songs for LDR10? :oprah4:
Jon Batiste is mysterious when asked if new songs with Lana Del Rey will be released: "Hopefully at the right time, I don't want to say too much but hopefully one day I'll have more to say about what's going to happen to them [laughs]."

Β 

candy necklace is overrated

send-text-run-away.gif

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Β 

30 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Collaborative album or songs for LDR10? :oprah4:
Jon Batiste is mysterious when asked if new songs with Lana Del Rey will be released: "Hopefully at the right time, I don't want to say too much but hopefully one day I'll have more to say about what's going to happen to them [laughs]."

Β 

i know its probably unlikely but if lana's next album was a collaborative record with jon batiste, i'd be over the moon. i could see it being jazzy like candy necklace and potentially a lot of other things too bc he's very versatile. but even just a few songs with him on the next record would be good enough.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

On 8/14/2023 at 5:10 AM, GeminiLanaFan said:

It’s not the talking to Jesus part that bugs me, but the fact that she’s asking him to be saved… And I get the song, but I’ve been raised in a very conservative background with lots of church talking and β€œJesus Β save us from eternal damnation”. Even Lana can’t sell me this one. But I know ITTJ a favourite here, and that I am the minority, but hey, isn’t it what pre-pre-releases are for? To express pour wishful thinking or impossible dreams regarding a Lana LP?Β :omfg2:

i think its less about saving her from sin or eternal damnation and more about begging to be rescued from her rough life situation. like she has no one in real life to come rescue her and make things better so she's turning to a higher power bc there's nowhere else to turn. would it be more palatable if she was asking like a pagan god of some sortΒ for help instead?

18 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

i know its probably unlikely but if lana's next album was a collaborative record with jon batiste, i'd be over the moon. i could see it being jazzy like candy necklace and potentially a lot of other things too bc he's very versatile. but even just a few songs with him on the next record would be good enough.

i can’t see her doing a collab album. I mean what happened with the Nikki lane songs they apparently did together? Or the rest of the TLSP songs? She seems to like to do a bunch of songs with a bunch of different people and then handpick one or two for her albums lol

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gifΒ :beyonce:

20 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

i think its less about saving her from sin or eternal damnation and more about begging to be rescued from her rough life situation. like she has no one in real life to come rescue her and make things better so she's turning to a higher power bc there's nowhere else to turn. would it be more palatable if she was asking like a pagan god of some sortΒ for help instead?

I have not been scarred by a pagan god so far in my lifeΒ :true:Β 

seriously though, I’m not against Lana talking about God or anything Christianity related (Religion, Say Yes to Heaven, Body Electric, God Knows I Tried and so on), but I Talk to Jesus is just a tad too much Sunday school to me. Plus it kinda negates her whole β€œlove California” aesthetic that I love from her. But to each its own and I don’t want to convince anyone that my opinion is superior in any wayΒ :kiss:

19 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

i can’t see her doing a collab album. I mean what happened with the Nikki lane songs they apparently did together? Or the rest of the TLSP songs? She seems to like to do a bunch of songs with a bunch of different people and then handpick one or two for her albums lol

The TLSP songs seem to have been a bunch of demos, from what BoZ told us in January and Lana reworked / finished those for her albums. And it’s still unclear how many of those there are left (didn’t BoZ say that they used most of the β€œfinished” ones already? And then there Miles who say that they could release a whole album form those…)Β 

As for the Nikki collabs, Nikki told in an interview last year that there were songs that they worked on together and that got recorded but there wasn’t a timeline on when to release them. She even joked that maybe in ten years, they’ll lock themselves up in a house to finish those for a future release (what I read into this is that they hang out together, have fun, record some songs if it happens but have their own albums to get back to)

1 hour ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

Imagine Lana x Jon Batiste x Rick Nowels

I love when Lana gets jazzy on her collabs and I can’t wait to hear Life Lesson to see if it’s β€œjazzy” like Candy Necklace or the interludeΒ :excited:

33 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

Worst Taste 5.0

I just call it how it isΒ :oprah3:

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Β 

1 hour ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

i feel like lana could potentially do a collab album if she saw it as good enough especially since she's almost done one a few times now. but if it did happen i imagine it would be less of a full proper collab album and more a lana album with jon batiste accompanying her for all/most of the songs

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I have not been scarred by a pagan god so far in my lifeΒ 

but was it jesus who specifically scarred you or was it other peopleΒ preaching things jesus never said? that would be like saying lana scarred you bc people take things she said out of context and accuse her of supporting all kinda of ridiculous things even tho its so far removed from who she is. i feel like most people who have issues with the church could still appreciate jesus the man who spent his days helping poor & sick people instead of turning his back on themΒ and helping sinners to improve themselves instead of condemning them.

2 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

candy necklace is overrated

send-text-run-away.gif

I agree 100%
Β 

Β 

I think the reason he doesn’t want to talk about more music with Lana is because they really don’t have a plan. Mike said after WFWF he wanted to work with her more and never did, and the duo album with Nikki never saw the light of day

"Don’t forget me"

throwing some delulu.

if she's wearing "shoulder-lenght" hair right now we could expect album full of psychedelic witchy trap bops and grungy folky melodic tunes. A&W already found dead:oprah4: