Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

i can't believe we're at a point where people are saying she would benefit from hiring a lyricist, she has written literally every song she has ever recorded, why should she dumb herself down? why should she give up creating art that is meaningful to her so that she can chart, which is something she doesn't even care about? her music has never been basic, mainstream corporate pop (she's really not a pop artist, i will forever stand by that) if you want upbeat, bombastic hits that were written by songwriters with the sole purpose of making money and going viral, go listen to ariana grande lmfao

WGe8ynS.gif

56 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Love it, or hate it, she's just done with bombastic music. If she's sticking with Jack for the foreseeable future (which seems to be the case, unfortunately), I'd rather he sticks to piano tunes and stops using that cheap ass 2$ drum set.

I 100% prefer the piano and "lowkey" style music over the stripped drum beats :gasp: but ocean blvd surprised me a lot with new sounds so I wonder where shes taking ldr10

-------------

ImlUAIK.png

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i can't believe we're at a point where people are saying she would benefit from hiring a lyricist, she has written literally every song she has ever recorded, why should she dumb herself down? why should she give up creating art that is meaningful to her so that she can chart, which is something she doesn't even care about? her music has never been basic, mainstream corporate pop (she's really not a pop artist, i will forever stand by that) if you want upbeat, bombastic hits that were written by songwriters with the sole purpose of making money, go listen to ariana grande lmfao

not only this, but she's currently been writing her best lyrics in her career. Kintsugi, Fingertips, A&W, Ocean Blvd, and The Grants proves that 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, Surf Noir said:

also, just because a producer has a writing credit doesn't mean that they significantly contributed to the lyrics, they'll be credited for one word or the composition or structure of the music

Yeah Lana credits every producer w writing credits but I doubt they contribute much 

I will never understand why people still want Lana to be a popstar. She has always referred to herself as a poet and she's been developing such an expansive story her entire career, constantly building upon what came before in creative and thought-provoking ways. Her output is astonishing and every single album is very much a part of the journey she is on. She is one of the few artists who is continuously at the top of her game in my opinion and I am so grateful that she doesn't listen to the noise. Nobody does it like her.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but stop pretending Lana is doing something wrong just because you don't personally resonate with her latest music. She's not making it for you, she's making it for herself and the legacy that she wants to build, and it's clearly working for a lot of people as she's never been more popular. Truly a living legend. 

I personally think she has a ton of twists and turns left in her, her creativity hasn't wavered at all and she will always find a way to surprise in her own unique way. I can't wait to see what comes next!

14 minutes ago, Rivers said:

"Has written hundreds of songs"

I guess it depends on what you define as writing a song because homegirl is sometimes like a real life-real time musical, like " it's been a long daaaay, and was heading hoooome, I o-pened the door, and broke my phone."

By this standard, Lana has created 1000s of songs that were never recorded. 

well right off the bat her released discography has like 130+ songs including non singles, plus there’s more than 200 unreleased songs that we know of. so yes, she has indeed wrote hundreds of songs. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

35 minutes ago, Jakk said:

Speaking of Born To Die production, I’ve always been obsessed with the infamous guitar string plucks and ambient noises scattered throughout the album. They were like a spritz of perfume on the music. Each song was different, but had the same essence.

I know a lot of people think they were too much, but I love them because they helped build the world around that album. I’d love to see them return past Wait for Life (my headcanon closure to the Born to Die arc). We got a taste of those sounds again in LFL with Love and White Mustang. They are just so Lana!

Don't forget the random vocal samples, like on Blue Jeans, and the random beats that sounded like vocals somehow. The production - as poppish as it was - was super cinematic and layered.

A little experimentation would be great.

Btw glad we all went from arguing to a nice little discourse

8 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I will never understand why people still want Lana to be, "...".

Everybody wants to play art director with their favorite musician, painter, or actor. 

29 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

also, just because a producer has a writing credit doesn't mean that they significantly contributed to the lyrics, they'll be credited for one word or the composition or structure of the music

Also doesn't mean they didn't write 50% of the actual lyrics. That we'll never know.

Btw, I stan Lana as a lyricist foremost so in no way am i throwing shade at her lyricism. But i do think that it's a bit silly or narrow minded to demand her to write everything herself or think less of her if she doesn't or didn't. 

And again, she herself isn't against it - but, let's face, she probably hears/receives a lot of stuff and says "that's trash", which a lot of music just is nowadays

32 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

yeah artists like lana or taylor swift even generally write the entire melodies and lyrics to thwir songs and the producer just helps create the music and is someone to bounce ideas off of. especially with jack i feel like he helps finish thwm their ideas and just talking to him helps them come up with the ideas. and this type of musician-producer relationship has been common for decades but actually crediting someone for writing a guitar riff or helping you edit your lyrics is a fairly new thing. but its a good thing bc lana isn't stealing others' contributions and claiming them as her own. its like her crediting chuck and alana on sweet carolina bc lyrics were inspired by a conversation thwy had or her crediting annie on fishtail for the same reason. but lana still does write majority of her lyrics and melodies and its weird when people think she doesn't

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

It's also really difficult for a lot of musicians to click with another artist or producer. I think the thing that Jack and Lana have going on is really a blessing. I greatly respect Jacks attention to detail and like a lot of his compositions. I think that he really gets Lana and appreciates what she does and that is the precedent for the music that follows. He's never seemed to show any sign that he thinks differently. 

He also won producer of the year last year.

At this point I don't understand what people are like thinking, like what are their thoights inside their heads. I can't believe we're about to question about the idea of her writing her own lyrics on her new album. Signals are getting confusing not gonna lie :mj2:

The point is let Lana write her own songs, it's therapeutic for her. It's the way how she expresses herself. It's the way how she embodies the emotion. Like she said her life is poetry and love making her legacy

url%5D

11 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Also doesn't mean they didn't write 50% of the actual lyrics. That we'll never know.

jack has literally said that the female artists he works with write all their songs pretty much on their own and he's just there to help bring those ideas to life. but people love giving a man credit for a woman's work. its a tale as old as time. :agree:

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

The only thing what the co-writers do is add "ooooh" and "yeaaaah" and "aaaah" inside the lyrics lol :hillary:

url%5D