Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I understand why people would dislike the background singers but I like them. I love the vibe they bring :legend:

url%5D

8 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Also, In terms of production/songwriting style in general... If you haven't enjoyed the last four albums, I doubt Lana is the right artist for you anymore :bebe:

Like, I'm sorry but she also has a say when it comes to her music and it's not always the producer's fault the final product ends up the way it does.

So, unless she decides to make a huge switch of style, maybe taking a break from her music might help you :bebe:

I agree but I also have a feeling this album is gonna be more similar to pre-nfr lyrically, as she said she wanted to be more “simple” and didn’t want to talk about her family and stuff. So to me it could either go in a “video games” simple direction or “beautiful” simple direction lol. Either really good and focusing atmosphere/imagery or really really bland and kind of stupidly simple lyrics:defeated: but the fact that she doesn’t seem to be rushing this album so much makes me think we will get stuff more in video games direction.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

8 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I agree but I also have a feeling this album is gonna be more similar to pre-nfr lyrically, as she said she wanted to be more “simple” and didn’t want to talk about her family and stuff. So to me it could either go in a “video games” simple direction or “beautiful” simple direction lol. Either really good and focusing atmosphere/imagery or really really bland and kind of stupidly simple lyrics:defeated: but the fact that she doesn’t seem to be rushing this album so much makes me think we will get stuff more in video games direction.

tbh I'm biased because I love her and her music no matter what, so maybe my opinion isn't really objective :eartha:

But she, as it has been proven, is a very versatile artist. If you compare the haunting style of the Lizzy demos to the full on dream pop upbeat songs, some classic alternative rock, jazzy and hip-hop elements, folk, americana, etc... She really is versatile! And has proven she is an amazing singer/songwriting. So even if some songs aren't on the same level as her magnum opus, she's still incredible. 

It might sound biased as fuck, but there truly isn't any artist like her and that is what makes her so special. She is unique:defeated:

So, nevertheless, no matter what style she might go for, I'll always be excited for new music, even if it isn't what I expected or hoped for :teehee:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

tbh I'm biased because I love her and her music no matter what, so maybe my opinion isn't really objective :eartha:

But she, as it has been proven, is a very versatile artist. If you compare the haunting style of the Lizzy demos to the full on dream pop upbeat songs, some classic alternative rock, jazzy and hip-hop elements, folk, americana, etc... She really is versatile! And has proven she is an amazing singer/songwriting. So even if some songs aren't on the same level as her magnum opus, she's still incredible. 

It might sound biased as fuck, but there truly isn't any artist like her and that is what makes her so special. She is unique

:defeated:

So, nevertheless, no matter what style she might go for, I'll always be excited for new music, even if it isn't what I expected or hoped for :teehee:

The best music is the stuff you aren’t expecting tbh:really: I never would’ve expected most of the stuff we got on Ocean Blvd after Blue Banisters, and so I think people that are saying we are definitely getting piano ballads and/or country are just… wrong? Like we may be getting that but honestly we have no idea and the things she said are very vague and also seems like she hasn’t fully started even creating the album, and we know she can and will completely scrap ideas and albums will change A LOT over the course of creating it. So I think we are in a ride for LDR10 and personally I have a feeling it’s gonna be one of my favorites!:flutter:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

The best music is the stuff you aren’t expecting tbh:really: I never would’ve expected most of the stuff we got on Ocean Blvd after Blue Banisters, and so I think people that are saying we are definitely getting piano ballads and/or country are just… wrong? Like we may be getting that but honestly we have no idea and the things she said are very vague and also seems like she hasn’t fully started even creating the album, and we know she can and will completely scrap ideas and albums will change A LOT over the course of creating it. So I think we are in a ride for LDR10 and personally I have a feeling it’s gonna be one of my favorites!:flutter:

I absolutely agree with this. I don’t understand why everyone is expecting boring piano ballads after she just served a fully produced album this year. I know Lana at heart loves her piano ballads, but I 100% believe the next album is going to be as richly produced as tunnel 

"Don’t forget me"

In a perfect world she'd go full on massive attack triphop but that shit ain't happening so I just hope she won't revert back to that stripped back piano driven sound she seems most comfortable with (Ocean Blvd's variety did give me hope that she won't). She mentioned wanting to keep things simple for now (which I'm assuming was about her lyrical content), so I hope she ends up doing more weird fun songs like Peppers/Taco Truck/the Jimmy part of A&W. 

qfrWuBl.png

2 hours ago, Embach said:

I'm delusional but let me manifest and be weird for now:

PARADISE 2015 IN LDR10

:pray2:

i mean we didnt get it during leakmas, so we have to get it some way.. :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

not like it’s gonna happen anyways but i wish she would make an album with older producers specially Rick & both Dans and go for rich production that is dark like UV, HM and stuff :blush3:

I think it’s obvious she likes working with producers she’s comfortable with like Drew/Jack and will likely go that route for her next album but I would love if she brought some unique artists into the studio to work on the instrumentals. I think it can be limiting when it’s Jack (or someone else) both producing and having creative control over the majority of the beats/instrumentals. 

hyz6.gif

Instead of bitching having profound and intense discussions about the production and mixing and qualities about her latest albums and her producers and pianos for the 994873656478392487th time in this pre-release thread (I'm pretty sure that those discussions occurred more often a couple of eras back too), let's manifest 10/10 perfect brilliant amazing songs with spectacular incredible showstopping ethereal production and beautiful stunning poetic thought-provoking deep lyrics. :pray2: we can like write here what would be our dream songs for this album, what vibe should they have, which instrumentals, which topics ect, even if that's in our dreams, I know that all of you have a great fantasy and with our great minds, we can manifest something great!

I mean, we can have discussions about her producers but we've had these like every year and where has it led us? nowhere! :oprah6:

url%5D

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

I mean, we can have discussions about her producers but we've had these like every year and where has it led us? nowhere! :oprah6:

y'know it's not an actual real pre-(pre-)release if there are no arguments over producers :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Just now, honeymo0n said:

y'know it's not an actual real pre-(pre-)release if there are no arguments over producers :true:

it's like a tradition at this point lmao, a part of pre-release bingo lol

url%5D

18 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i think the album is gonna be in similar vain to margaret as that was the last song written for OB. and she said that the next album is more classic songs that everyone can listen to.

I don’t want music that everyone can listen to :crossed:

if everybody likes it maybe it’s not that good :lmao:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

As much as I love her older music, Lana wouldn’t be who she is without her evolution in music. If she had 8 other BTD albums she wouldn’t be as strong of an artist. Her range is incredible and that’s what I personally love about her. A lot of artists become stale or 1 hit wonders because they don’t change, (which is fine) but it limits your growth and potential. That’s true artistry. That being said I’m excited to see where she goes next 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

okay something we can ALL agree is that her next album will be black & white album cover doesn’t have to be sad could be a COTCC but it will be black and white :godlaugh: