Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

30 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

I love Grandfather, the build up is heavenly. But that line does take me out of the "zone" a bit, it's almost distracting. 

Yes please! Also shoutout to Terrence Loves You for the spot of Lana's best bridges ... I'd love something really ethereal like that again

I agree! The SYML and Riopy features were stunning and still felt so Lana. Jon Batiste on Candy Necklace is insanely good. Tommy Genesis brought the :dance4: And I'll never turn down Lana and Father John Misty, their musical sounds and voices just complement each other so well. Ocean Blvd had my favourite features of any of her albums so far, because they were kind of "understated" and really flowed with the album. Having said that, I do love Lana without any features so I'm happy with either way she goes :daydream:

I would actually love this :hide: I neeeeeeeeed behind the iron gates 

Agreed on everything you said, especially the Terrence part and features part! 💯

url%5D

38 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

I love Grandfather, the build up is heavenly. But that line does take me out of the "zone" a bit, it's almost distracting. 

agree fully. I appreciate the fact she's acknowledging QFTC had good intentions but something about lyrics like that or talking about zoom/covid always jolts me out of my skin :trisha2:. This is my escape don't say zoom to me girl

giphy.gif

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but on LDR 10, I hope they’re aren’t as many collabs. While I really enjoy them, and Lana working with new people, I also like just Lana. Additionally, with fewer collabs the collabs that are on the album will stand out more.

I’ve also noticed a pattern (I don’t think it’s intentional) of collabs and no collabs on aged albums. HM had none, LFL had a ton of collabs, NFR had no collabs, COCC had some, BB had none, and then we’re back to collabs on DYKTATUOB. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

im torn because on one hand i want her to do something totally new and fun like surf rock but on the other hand i want rock candy sweet with rerecorded outtakes like fine china

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

6 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but on LDR 10, I hope they’re aren’t as many collabs. While I really enjoy them, and Lana working with new people, I also like just Lana. Additionally, with fewer collabs the collabs that are on the album will stand out more.

I’ve also noticed a pattern (I don’t think it’s intentional) of collabs and no collabs on aged albums. HM had none, LFL had a ton of collabs, NFR had no collabs, COCC had some, BB had none, and then we’re back to collabs on DYKTATUOB. 

I don't wanna be that nerd person but BB actually had collabs w The Last Shadow Puppets :shh2: saying this because I've noticed that ever COTCC, she started adding some subtle collabs (like in a way where the features have little credits like as background vox or production). So if she continues doing that, we'll probably have a mini-collabs or two on LDR10 where the feature has either background vocals (like Let The Light In) or produces/melodies (like Thunder or Paris Texas) or both (Dealer or Candy Necklace)

url%5D

34 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

The white woman line is genius tbh. The girls who get it get it, the ones who don’t.. well, they’re missing out on her smartest/best political lyric of the last decade

Genuinely can you explain the me the genius of that lyric because to me it comes across as very ignorant:icant:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

7 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

Me singing in my shower how regrettable it is being a white woman as a person of color 

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

Genuinely can you explain the me the genius of that lyric because to me it comes across as very ignorant:icant:

I can definitely see how this line could be interpreted in a bad light, but I think it’s meant to be more playful. It’s more poking fun at herself regarding QFTC.

Spoiler

I say this as a white latina so maybe that’s just my perception

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

7 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i think in order to fullllly appreciate the line I’d have to write a long ass essay discussing the current political climate, changing sociocultural views towards white ppl and a lot of other things that kind of make it a really interesting & smart line. And I cbf writing dat much especially not for someone on here to probably reply like “tldr fuck white ppl” :thumb3:

Ofc even at face value it’s a great line but yah

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

15 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

It’s more poking fun at herself regarding QFTC.

ya I do think its an acknowledgement of how it was received despite the message being genuine (we all already know this so I won't bother getting into it) and a little giggle about it, for me the line delivery of  'even if im one of the last ones' so quick after it is just awkward like a tiny bit. i don't think its a BAD line its just a little awks xx

I am going to pretend it didnt happen  :trisha4: 

giphy.gif

55 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

The white woman line is genius tbh. The girls who get it get it, the ones who don’t.. well, they’re missing out on her smartest/best political lyric of the last decade

I love it

55 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

I can definitely see how this line could be interpreted in a bad light, but I think it’s meant to be more playful. It’s more poking fun at herself regarding QFTC.

Hide contents

I say this as a white latina so maybe that’s just my perception

I’ve also always pictured her poking fun at herself “regrettably a white woman :ahh:

"Don’t forget me"

Manifesting :

- white dress 2.0

- A 4 min song that sounds exactly like dance till we die bridge 

- working with new producers

- No features

- Extraordinary bridges 

- No interludes

- Each song is +4 min 

- A lot of saxophone/guitar/orchestra/screaming 

That’s it for now. Thank you all for reading :willcut:

On that recent Jack interview, he said something about his work ethic with Lana was getting crazier and loonier with time (as in experimenting). I don't know how that would translate with Lana's desire to go for an Americana-esque simpler/less dense route. But I'm sure they'll find a middle ground.

I hope she works with new people, but I get the sense that she's the type of person who low-key struggles (or simply doesn't like) working with new people and once she finds her comfort collaborators she sticks with them (i.e. Rick Nowels).

5 minutes ago, americangothic said:

On that recent Jack interview, he said something about his work ethic with Lana was getting crazier and loonier with time (as in experimenting). I don't know how that would translate with Lana's desire to go for an Americana-esque simpler/less dense route. But I'm sure they'll find a middle ground.

I hope she works with new people, but I get the sense that she's the type of person who low-key struggles (or simply doesn't like) working with new people and once she finds her comfort collaborators she sticks with them (i.e. Rick Nowels).

Lana and Jack’s idea of experimenting is creating a 2:30 song featuring Nikki Lane with no melody:wowcry:

27 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Manifesting :

- white dress 2.0

- A 4 min song that sounds exactly like dance till we die bridge 

- working with new producers

- No features

- Extraordinary bridges 

- No interludes

- Each song is +4 min 

- A lot of saxophone/guitar/orchestra/screaming 

That’s it for now. Thank you all for reading :willcut:

oh exactly :oprah9: