Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, bigspender said:

the way this won’t come out until like 2025

she finished recording ocean blvd around September 2022, a year and a half is plentiful for her to finish not even one album, but two. She always WRITES. So I’m thinking we’re getting an album this year

14 minutes ago, jakoblvd said:

Let me remind everyone that Let The Light In is a country song.

because it’s got guitar riffs throughout? :lmao:

it’s definitely not a country song, more-so a folk pop, or contemporary rock 

giphy.gif

If we get songs like Ride, Let The Light In, Tomorrow Never Came, Dance Till We Die bridge I am in for a country album :oprah9:

Maybe some folk/fairytale vibes too like Yosemite, A&W the first part and Dragonslayer :trisha:

And songs like Wild One or Angels Forever giving me Americana vibes too :oprah3:

In the end Lana always makes a genre her own, so am still I excited for LDR 10 whatever it will be:diva:

Also I am no expert in genres like country and Americana so please don't come for me, it's just what I gathered in this thread and what is giving me those vibes:oprah3:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, Americen Whore said:

she finished recording ocean blvd around September 2022, a year and a half is plentiful for her to finish not even one album, but two. She always WRITES. So I’m thinking we’re getting an album this year

but we went the entirety of 2022 without a new album? i know she used to do 15 month intervals but that stopped with lfl, and turned into almost 2 years with nfr, chemtrails, blue banisters was a one off that’ll never happen again, and then ocean boulevard came 1.5 years after that. 

i’m just assuming but i imagine if it did come out this year it won’t be until q4

giphy.gif

I really hope the 3 or 4 songs she did in Alabama (Waffle House after work session)  gonna be on LDR10 :trisha:

Their existence lives in my head rent free and I am still super curious to hear them:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

I really hope the 3 or 4 songs she did in Alabama (Waffle House after work session)  gonna be on LDR10 :trisha:

Their existence lives in my head rent free and I am super curious to hear them:trisha:

All they had in that room is a shitty piano :crying5: I’m not sure I want them to be released :true: also she didn’t have any lyrics ready… she sang what came into her mind, I want something deep with a catchy melody :krylie:

I know that I'm the minority here with this wish but I want her to release all the 100 songs she wrote about her favorite reality shows :aubrey:

url%5D

1 hour ago, jakoblvd said:

Let me remind everyone that Let The Light In is a country song.

yes and it was one of the worst songs on the album 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I thought country had a very specific list of aspects that it needed to have to make it country? I don’t really know I just remember watching an episode of explained that was trying to break down the lil nas x song and whether it was country or not 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

43 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

All they had in that room is a shitty piano :crying5: I’m not sure I want them to be released :true: also she didn’t have any lyrics ready… she sang what came into her mind, I want something deep with a catchy melody :krylie:

We know that there was keyboard , organ and guitar too
Didn't she do Pretty When You Cry  and White Dress that way too :um2: and about Yosemite she said back in 2017 (BBC Radio 1 interview , April 19th) that she " did it all in one take in the room"

So I choose delusion and think they could be haunting and beautiful :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

34 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

tbh I would be completely okay if it isn’t something deep. 

Catchy melody, absolutely, but I’m lowkey burnt out on deep songs, I wouldn’t mind something more light and breezy. 

"Don’t forget me"

She may take some imagery/themes from country music (like the lyrics from the snippet) but I don't think we're getting a country album.

Americana could be almost anything so I definitely expect some guitars but more on the folk-y and blues-y side. 

It's probably going to be similar to Chemtrails, the acoustic UV era songs, IYLDWM, LTLI... plus something completely new cause it's Lana and she always mixes sounds even in her most cohesive records.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

tbh I would be completely okay if it isn’t something deep. 

Catchy melody, absolutely, but I’m lowkey burnt out on deep songs, I wouldn’t mind something more light and breezy. 

I agree with you, but I’m scared these lyrics r similar to Hollywood bowl….Life lesson…. U can tell she wrote them in less than an hour

1 minute ago, Americen Whore said:

I agree with you, but I’m scared these lyrics r similar to Hollywood bowl….Life lesson…. 

The lyrics are good tho and she said that the lyrics aren't gonna be so complicated as they were in OB album

Just now, The Siren said:

What's going on

Nothing

url%5D

5 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

And I'm young when I'm old and I'm old when I'm young when I'm old :trisha2:

When you know you know

url%5D