ultrabanisters

Burgettstown, PA @ The Pavilion at Star Lake - 3rd October 2023

so, for fun, since my hotel is 10 minutes away, i decided to go check out the venue since it's early in the morning and wanna try for barricade. there was a single car inside the gates to the parking lot. as soon as i started driving down to the gates, they turned on their headlights. it's giving security guard. they were clearly watching me. no one else seemed to be there, so i don't think anyone is lined up at this moment. i'm currently parked on the side of the road outside the venue. i genuinely don't understand venues that don't let people line up early. it's so much more stressful and chaotic. :headache:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

So for anyone concerned about queuing, a similar situation happened in Franklin. They wouldn’t allow queueing until 3pm but the parking lots opened at noon, so some people were waiting in their car until the queue began. By the time the queue started at 3, there were around 20 people ready to go who had been in their cars. I wasn’t there, this intel is just from a friend who attended both shows, so it might be a similar situation for this show.

For my show in Alabama, they allowed people to queue from whenever they wanted (some people were there 3 days before the show) but they handed out numbered wristbands around noon on show day and then let everyone leave and come back before gates to line back up in order. That was a surprise because they didn’t announce that they were going to do bands until the day of, but I’m so thankful they did. I wish every venue did that bc the heat was starting to get unbearable x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I’m sorry, but who in their right mind queues three days before a show? :oprah2:

like please just get there from like... 10am at the earliest :air: it is never THAT serious

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

18 minutes ago, Elle said:

So for anyone concerned about queuing, a similar situation happened in Franklin. They wouldn’t allow queueing until 3pm but the parking lots opened at noon, so some people were waiting in their car until the queue began. By the time the queue started at 3, there were around 20 people ready to go who had been in their cars. I wasn’t there, this intel is just from a friend who attended both shows, so it might be a similar situation for this show.

thank you for the intel, elle! i'm such an anxious person, especially when it comes to concerts. maybe it won't be so bad then having the gates open in the early afternoon instead of letting everyone queue whenever. it at least weeds out the people that camp for days.

miss born to lose

help i just got shouted at by a security guard. there's no way they're letting people line up early if i got yelled at. i wasn't even close to the parking lot gate. :crai:

UPDATE: i talked to two employees. they told me no one is allowed in till 2pm. the only people that they're letting in right now is staff. anxiety cured (for now).

miss born to lose

4 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I’m sorry, but who in their right mind queues three days before a show? :oprah2:

I will never understand that. people here in brazil are queueing since last month for a show that will happen in november!!!

whatever goes inside the human mind, insanity

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

13 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I will never understand that. people here in brazil are queueing since last month for a show that will happen in november!!!

I'm like... Don't you have school? Classes? Assignments, exams, jobs? How do you spend three days (or a month!) paying for food, maybe even paying to use restrooms, it can't be comfy to sleep even if you have a tent, like?? I don't get it, honestly, no concert is worth going through all that, not even Lana, her shows aren't that spectacular or even long. :oprah2:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 minute ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I'm like... Don't you have school? Classes? Assignments, exams, jobs? How do you spend three days (or a month!) paying for food, maybe even paying to use restrooms, it can't be comfy to sleep even if you have a tent, like?? I don't get it, honestly, no concert is worth going through all that, not even Lana, her shows aren't that spectacular or even long. :oprah2:

they actually do all of that. they just have this strict schedule everyone has to follow and take turns. they all keep going to school and working and stuff, they just have to take turns in the tents. it's still too wild for me and I would never go through that for anyone in this world :oprah2:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

38 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

they actually do all of that. they just have this strict schedule everyone has to follow and take turns. they all keep going to school and working and stuff, they just have to take turns in the tents. it's still too wild for me and I would never go through that for anyone in this world :oprah2:

imagine having friends TT___TT

Ok, I can see how that can work. It's like a line starts forming at concerts and the person at the front give everyone a number on their hands and have a roll call every hour. If you miss, you lose your spot in the queue, but you can do whatever you want in the meantime.

Edit: I'm so sorry, mods, I realized I started an off-topic discussion. :ohno:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Are they giving out $1 million each to people because WHAT is worth that

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over