takemybreath

Did you know... Submitted For Grammy Consideration (Now Nominated)

3 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

erm the popularity of that artist doesn’t help the fact the remix still sucks so let’s not, and snow on the beach was nothing great to be submitted, it was just great she called lana to sing that track with her she mustn’t submit anything because she loves lana

Sotb More lana outsold Karma ft Ice spice.  Plus it broke the record for biggest female collab -15M streams first day. Let's be real.

46 minutes ago, barttttender said:

karma is just more catchy and succesful. I wouldnt read into it

:toofloppy: not the ice spice version

4 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Taylor really be sneaky for submitting Karma and not SOTB. I wonder if Lana and Taylor are still friends. We didn't see any interactions during Jack's wedding either....

Tay🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

Well, I'm glad she didn't submit SOTB, I wouldn't put up with Taylor Swift fans saying that Lana won a Grammy thanks to her...

1 hour ago, CinnamonGay said:

Sotb More lana outsold Karma ft Ice spice.  Plus it broke the record for biggest female collab -15M streams first day. Let's be real.

did she submit the ice spice version?

well, that girl is eerywhere recently, there's a lot of money behind her. so of course taylor will pander to the popularity contest of it all

3 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

that’s for real but it means nothing lol the song isn’t material for submitting 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

did she submit the ice spice version?

well, that girl is eerywhere recently, there's a lot of money behind her. so of course taylor will pander to the popularity contest of it all

Yes cuz it's for pop duo performance. Yeah that's what I said. Taylor banking on Ice to grab a nom. 🙄 ice gonna sweep a few like billie 2019

4 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Yes cuz it's for pop duo performance. Yeah that's what I said. Taylor banking on Ice to grab a nom. 🙄 ice gonna sweep a few like billie 2019

stop being wrong already and use sense it will not win no matter if it will even be nominated or not

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Actually I think Lana and Jon Batiste have a pretty high chance to win Pop Duo.

Both Candy Necklace and Life Lessons are two of the best songs on the list objectively speaking. I’d be actually surprised if Karma gets nominated, the song itself is good but Ice Spice’s part didn’t make sense/fit  with it at all.

And the Grammys love Jon already, he won 5 grammys in 2022 (including AOTY) and was nominated 14 times in total. 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

2 hours ago, Fireffie said:

Actually I think Lana and Jon Batiste have a pretty high chance to win Pop Duo.

Both Candy Necklace and Life Lessons are two of the best songs on the list objectively speaking. I’d be actually surprised if Karma gets nominated, the song itself is good but Ice Spice’s part didn’t make sense/fit  with it at all.

And the Grammys love Jon already, he won 5 grammys in 2022 (including AOTY) and was nominated 14 times in total. 

I'm not sure if Jon Batiste is loved by pop voter bcuz as far as I know he didn't ever win in pop category, but let's see if that happens. But to be realistic, candy necklace is not a strong contender in this category, so I don't want to put my hope that high.

On 10/13/2023 at 2:22 AM, bluechemtrails said:

All competitors for best Alternative (Music) Album according to the list above:

100 Gecs - 10,000 Gecs
Alvvays - Blue Rev
Arctic Monkeys - The Car
Arlo Parks - My Soft Machine
boygenius - The Record
Caroline Polachek - Desire, I Want to Turn Into You
Dominic Fike - Sunburn
Feist - Multitudes
Gorillaz - Cracker Island
Melanie Martinez - Portals
Mitski - This Land Is Inhospitable
The National - First Two Pages of Frankenstein

The only threats are the veteran like Arctic Monkey, The national and Gorillaz because people already knew them that well. It's easy to vote those who already have a name than not.

I still don't see Boygenius, Melanie or Mitski have their way above Lana unless they campaign really hard. Having one trending song like "my love mine all mine" doesn't guarantee you to snatch Alternative Album nom easily, Lana already have many trending songs these past years on tiktok. So I would say unless Mitski campaign that hard just like Boygenius is trying to do then she might be recognisable to the voter.

12 minutes ago, blueforever said:

The only threats are the veteran like Arctic Monkey, The national and Gorillaz because people already knew them that well. It's easy to vote those who already have a name than not.

I still don't see Boygenius, Melanie or Mitski have their way above Lana unless they campaign really hard. Having one trending song like "my love mine all mine" doesn't guarantee you to snatch Alternative Album nom easily, Lana already have many trending songs these past years on tiktok. So I would say unless Mitski campaign that hard just like Boygenius is trying to do then she might be recognisable to the voter.

The last winners in this category were Wet Leg and St. Vincent, who are not as well known or streamed as much, but had very good reviews. So my bets are on Alvvays, boygenius, Mitski and Polachek

7 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

The last winners in this category were Wet Leg and St. Vincent, who are not as well known or streamed as much, but had very good reviews. So my bets are on Alvvays, boygenius, Mitski and Polachek

St. Vincent are famous in the alternative scene. She's also already won in the previous years. For Wet Leg situation, like what I said they campaigned really hard from tv show to tv show, that's why they are recognisable to the voter.

Idk but those artists you mentioned still unrecognisable compared to Lana, even some of them are not yet even nominated before. But idk maybe if they'd try to perform in shows like NPR Tiny Desk, Tonight's show or doing interviews in Genius or Variety in this voting period that would help increase their chances to get the nomination.

40 minutes ago, Embach said:

Oh the Arctic Monkeys are submitting for alt too? :assad:

As a big fan of Arctic Monkeys I doubt they will even be nominated (and if they do it’ll be mainly cause they’re famous) The Car was good but not Grammy good, if they didn’t win with TBHC then for sure they ain’t gonna win this time 

Body Paint as alt performance should win tho 

i definitely feel like this year's grammy's is gonna be way more exciting than past years. so many amazing albums came out, tons of new artists, and possible lana cameo? uhg i can't wait :monica:

not to mention the curveballs that got thrown last year with some of the categories. gives me hope :legend:

violets in your eyes

Life Lessons was submitted? this was definitely not something i was expecting ngl lol (but that's not to say that the song is bad btw!)

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Weyes Blood is also submitting “And in The Darkness, Hearts Aglow” for Best Alternative Music Album!

(She’s going for Best Package too, Neil Krug was also involved in the design)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cyds5R4sfkK/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I fear it’s going to be another depressing awards ceremony, with Taylor, Olivia and other artists that borrow from Lana getting all the glory.  It’s insulting they won’t even vote or consider her for any of the other categories even. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Not that it matters, but Variety thinks Lana has a chance to be nominated to album of the year (Did you know… Blvd) and record of the year (A&W). They predict Taylor, SZA or Olivia Rodrigo to win AOTY though. https://variety.com/2023/music/news/grammy-predictions-nominations-2023-taylor-swift-olivia-rodrigo-1235752011/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

15 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Not that it matters, but Variety thinks Lana has a chance to be nominated to album of the year (Did you know… Blvd) and record of the year (A&W). They predict Taylor, SZA or Olivia Rodrigo to win AOTY though. https://variety.com/2023/music/news/grammy-predictions-nominations-2023-taylor-swift-olivia-rodrigo-1235752011/

Midnights and Guts are definitely not better than Ocean Blvd, Midnights isn’t even a top 5 Taylor album in my opinion.  A&W alone eats them up whole :crossed:

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance