BartenderDeco

Lana signed an open letter to President Joe Biden, thanking him for his ‘leadership’ and calling for the release of all Hamas hostages.

She should have just sat there and ate her food. Like be quiet. Between the random “I’m poor” videos and this, we’re inching back closer to the 2020 period. We need another yeehaw flop album like ChemTANKS/Blue TANKisters to complete the trifecta.

Her mind, it amazes me sometimes. She said I can’t be loved too much, gotta do something stvpid to tarnish myself quick. The Grammys are also coming. Hopefully Ben takes her Instagram away during awards season so she won’t do something stvpid on social media.

Honestly, the best time was when she deactivated her Instagram. She is so painfully uninformed, and it SHOWS. It’s better for her to not engage and just stay quiet.

3 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

https://x.com/popbase/status/1716682331476644050?s=46&t=80JZhFo7OwR07MLcgnxT9Q

i do feel like we need to talk about this instead of avoiding it. as a palestinian this is the most disappointing thing i’ve ever seen lana do, and idrk what to do about it :( 

i honestly feel like most of the celebs were tacked on there just 'cause (even though some who signed already made their ridiculous statements)

but one thing that keeps me going is despite this misinformation being spread more and more people are opening their eyes towards what's happening in palestine

yeah they can be ignorant or not have all the info but they will eat their words

and i have it in good faith that there's no pro-israel bone on lana's body 'cause if that were the case her entire artistry is jeopardized and that's a fact.

5 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

as someone who's not involved in news what so ever, why is this bad

“thanking joe biden for his leadership” including is funding for the IDF. no mention of the palestinian victims at all. once again using the fake headline of beheading children. saying “and most urgently, right now freedom of the hostages” WHEN 2055 PALESTINIAN KIDS HAVE BEEN MURDERED IN THE LAST WEEK

The problem is that people venerate celebrities and their opinions way too much. It's been fascinating to witness the shock and feelings of betrayal expressed by people when their favs came out in support of Israel. "Not Sarah Paulson!" "Not Florence Pugh!" Like, celebs live comfortably and have little to no incentive to do additional research on geopolitical conflicts. It's just easier for them to jump on bandwagons and share Instagram infographics that make news easily digestible but also far too simplistic. 

Having been around when Lana first made controversial statements about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in 2018, I'm not too surprised by this. She's a lib through and through. In fact, most 'woke' celebs veer towards centrism rather than leftism on the political compass lol. It's disappointing nonetheless.

This is a really good video discussing the current phenomenon. 

I'm a little sad and annoyed but honestly ? Not surprised at all. She's always been ignorant. I hate to be reminded of that, but she did write QFTC and she did date that awful cop (among other stuff).

Most of the time, her heart probably is in the right place but you obviously can't do good if you're not informed enough. 

I wouldn't be surprised she has no clue about the situation in Palestine and just saw there was hostages and went with the narrative pushed by the pro-Israel propaganda. 

14 minutes ago, bluevelvetcola said:

The problem is that people venerate celebrities and their opinions way too much. It's been fascinating to witness the shock and feelings of betrayal expressed by people when their favs came out in support of Israel. "Not Sarah Paulson!" "Not Florence Pugh!" Like, celebs live comfortably and have little to no incentive to do additional research on geopolitical conflicts. It's just easier for them to jump on bandwagons and share Instagram infographics that make news easily digestible but also far too simplistic. 

Having been around when Lana first made controversial statements about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in 2018, I'm not too surprised by this. She's a lib through and through. In fact, most 'woke' celebs veer towards centrism rather than leftism on the political compass lol. It's disappointing nonetheless.

This is a really good video discussing the current phenomenon. 

:true:

Still can't like posts but I would if I could. 

I just saw Barack Obama's statement on that war (he seemed to be more protective towards Israel than Palestine) and Nikki Lane liked it :whatever: but I never knew that when I open this page I would be directed here, oh well...

But this is from PopBase, this shit ain't reliable at all though 💀 maybe this is all made-up.

But if it's true it's like August 2018 all over again 💀

url%5D

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

https://x.com/popbase/status/1716682331476644050?s=46&t=80JZhFo7OwR07MLcgnxT9Q

i do feel like we need to talk about this instead of avoiding it. this is the most disappointing thing i’ve ever seen lana do,

as sad as it makes me i think i wanna take a small break from listening to lana :(

LANA NO.... i just hope it ain't reliable...

Condemning taking babies and elderly captive, raping teenage girls and beheading civilians - is this now controversial?

This is a pro-palestinian pro-peace statement, encouraging looking out for civilians on both sides.

I really can't see how ANY of you, any human being at all, could condemn an ISIS condemnation.

8 minutes ago, Embach said:

I just saw Barack Obama's statement on that war (he seemed to be more protective towards Israel than Palestine) and Nikki Lane liked it :whatever: but I never knew that when I open this page I would be directed here, oh well...

But this is from PopBase, this shit ain't reliable at all though 💀 maybe this is all made-up.

But if it's true it's like August 2018 all over again 💀

some of the celebrities involved have posted the letter so unfortunately its real…

Next deleted insta story coming soon i fear :um2::xgiggle:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

15 minutes ago, OscarScheller said:

Condemning taking babies and elderly captive, raping teenage girls and beheading civilians - is this now controversial?

This is a pro-palestinian pro-peace statement, encouraging looking out for civilians on both sides.

I really can't see how ANY of you, any human being at all, could condemn an ISIS condemnation.

first of all it goes to show how uneducated you are on this situation because ISIS has nothing to do with palestine or hamas. it’s tragic on both sides but this is not a pro-peace, pro-palestine statement, otherwise their entire goal of the statement would be to save those injured children and adults. it doesn’t even mention palestinian victims anywhere. and where is anybody here saying that they condemn “taking babies and elderly captive…”. it’s controversial the fact that most of these celebrities have NEVER stood up for what palestinians had to go through for 75 years, and whether you like it or not the death tolls on the palestinian side are much more tragic. they don’t have the entire US behind their back and funding them. don’t speak if you don’t know shit

10 minutes ago, OscarScheller said:

First of all, it's not ISIS but Hamas.

Then, the vile actions of Hamas shouldn't result in the death of thousands of innocent civilians, that have nothing to do with those (especially considering most of the population in Gaza is underage and couldn't vote for Hamas in 2006).

Finally, there was another letter (Artists 4 Ceasefire) that was way more nuanced and definitely hurting for both sides. 

Also, I can't believe I'm writing that: encouraging Israel bombings will never be a pro-peace statement.