BartenderDeco

Lana signed an open letter to President Joe Biden, thanking him for his ‘leadership’ and calling for the release of all Hamas hostages.

50 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I don’t see anything wrong with the letter- is it too appreciative of Biden? Yes when it should be critiquing the American one sided policy on Palestinian affairs but innocent Israeli and other national citizens by hammas should be released and I guess the appreciation is just to grease the wheels- maybe the letter won’t do anything, maybe the public display of it will push focus on him.

If it can enlighten people as to why this letter is so criticized:

It is mostly full of shit regarding the conflict. It's not only poorly worded but plain disgusting when you read between the lines.

Of course it's a good thing to ask for the release of hostages and I sure hope all of them are safe and will soon go back to their family, unharmed.

But:

"Thank you for your unshakable moral conviction"
I wouldn't qualify funding the bombing of civilians to be an unshakable moral conviction, but ok.

"and for the Palestinians who have also been terrorized, oppressed, and victimized by Hamas"
Totally shifting the Apartheid politics perpetuated by Israel on the enemy's side. It's a gross manipulation I can't overlook. Anyone with two brain cells and access to Internet can learn how Israel deported, murdered, jailed Palestinians and destroyed any of their infrastructures since late 40s.

Also, Israel helped create Hamas in the 80s to politically destabilize Palestine and smother any Palestinian authority to face them. Just saying.

"We all want the same thing: freedom for Israelis and Palestinians to live side by side in peace"

I believe these celebs they do. But the government of Israel don't. None of their actions show a urge to make peace. Look up the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin. 

Or the shady stuff surrounding Marwan Barghouti. Some Palestinian politicians could have led a pacific government had Israel not throw a wrench in the gears.

"And most urgently, in this moment, freedom for the hostages."

The wounded in Gaza having no access to water or really any ressources to even survive are just as important. No mention of Palestinians being bombed without the possibility of escaping, as Israel is encircling them. They're literally in an open-air prison. Their fate isn't different from hostages.

A true peace statement would call for a ceasefire and humanitarian aid. That letter is garbage.

4 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

https://x.com/popbase/status/1716682331476644050?s=46&t=80JZhFo7OwR07MLcgnxT9Q

i do feel like we need to talk about this instead of avoiding it. this is the most disappointing thing i’ve ever seen lana do,

as sad as it makes me i think i wanna take a small break from listening to lana :(

I saw the letter on twitter and was like “so glad I won’t see Lana on this bc she’s too lazy” and gasped when I got to the L’s..

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Thank you! I was a bit unclear about that point, and I'm glad you corrected me.

Can you please give more context? What are Biden's political interests in the Middle East? 

It’s the only white non-Islamic state in the Middle East (afaik), pretty much making it the only state that has westernised views/culture. When you see how the US has spent decades trying to destabilise the Middle East/Iran, it becomes clear why they spend so much time and money funding Israel.

Lanita Bonita needs U.S. to give for free more $75 million fifth-generation fighters to Israel so they can bomb a 45 km² with no means to defend themselves more efficiently. 

Thank you, Lana! 

um....

while it calls for (i) the release of the hostages, (ii) peace and freedom for the citizens on both sides and even (iii) two states coexistence situation, it might be better for her to stay low on this considering the sensationalised clickbait nature of the internet that feeds the usual binary opposition these days like there's only either pro-terrorism (anti-semitism) vs pro-genocide side  :deadbanana: 

she probably meant well but um.... just stay away from some of the people on the list given their reputation ok :deadbanana:

giphy.gif

Ykw, I’ll say just one thing. Propaganda is impossible to ignore and America has been promoting and spouting pro Israel rubbish for decades. Lana is just human and although she should educate herself, she clearly doesn’t spend a lot of time online or reading through these things. 

Basically, I don’t think we can be too mad at her for believing what she’s been told to believe all her life. 

Still reprehensible to put her name on this, but it’s not like she’s actively promoting Israel either. She listened when she was told to not perform there several years ago, so I think her heart is in the right place. 

47 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

i sometimes just think - and this applies to both celebrities and ordinary people - when you’re tackling a subject as extremely nuanced, sensitive and historically rich as this one while you’re not quite fully informed or you’ve only researched as far as instagram infographics and television talking points, why not just…. sit this one out? if you’re being badgered for a response, why not just make a post like will poulter did where he basically said “i don’t know enough to comment or share a solid stance yet”?? there’s literally no shame in admitting to not having a deeply nuanced understanding of a very particular and very complex geopolitical issue, especially if you plan to eventually educate yourself on it.

i sometimes find that people regurgitate things without truly understanding them. and in some ways, i can’t blame them for that! if you’re being presented with everything going on in israel right now and it’s the first time you’ve ever seen anything like it or if everyone you know is telling you it’s wrong (without mentioning palestine while doing so) or if you’re a little out of touch and get all of your news from biased outlets and you’re being told that babies are being beheaded and women are being raped and civilians are being held hostage, i can see why 47 year old mum-of-three Linda from Huddersfield would be horrified and think “oh my giddy aunt, peace for israel!!!” and overlay an israeli flag on her facebook profile picture and sad react to images of crying children in a war torn country (without realising that image is probably a mislabelled photograph from palestine - hi jamie lee curtis!). however, that necessarily doesn’t mean it’s the ‘right’ stance of course.

i’ve been marching for palestine’s freedom since around 2014 so i know a fair deal about the situation, but i *still* don’t feel i know enough to give a truly enlightening take. but of what i do know and what i have researched, i firmly believe i’m on the right ‘side’. my personal thoughts on this situation are: of course i don’t want any innocent civilians to be hurt in either country, of course i’m against war of all kinds, of course i don’t necessarily agree with some of the choices hamas have made, but do i think the acts are unprovoked? absolutely not. and it is truly terrifying that for the YEARS that palestinians have been suffering, there’s not been a PEEP from the media about it. online outlets are even going so far in the defence of israel that they’re taking horrifying photographs of war-torn palestine and labelling them as photographs of israel when they’re not, just to garner public sympathy. suddenly the tables have somewhat turned - i say “somewhat” because there is absolutely a power imbalance  between the two countries - and all of a sudden people are concerned and israel is the victim? i think not.

i hope for the safety of every innocent civilian involved in both countries and i hope for the freedom of palestine. the situation is too complex to be summed up via flag emojis and hashtags. and this letter that lana signed…. well i’m disappointed but not surprised. it mentions palestine which is a start - perhaps even why so many famous people felt comfortable putting their names on the letter? - but it’s not enough.

anyway there’s my take that nobody asked for :fabcat:

Good points although I actually like people giving their opinion wether they are uninformed or not, then you can see what and why they think like that and then people can discuss it more with them so they find out more about it or argue with them about how they might be wrong and stuff.

Things like this though signing petitions(which I think is completely stupid and pointless for anything) I don't like as you just think why have they done this and who told them to do it and what actually is their thinking on the situation. If you are signing a petition that is public then you should also at least be commenting about it publicly also so people know what you actually think.

29 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

I saw the letter on twitter and was like “so glad I won’t see Lana on this bc she’s too lazy” and gasped when I got to the L’s..

Same when I heard that Lana was on Amy Schumer’s post, I thought it was a joke. It’s not that surprising when you really think about it though. 

9 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

thinking of doing the same thing tbh… idk

the fact that my uv vinyl came today too like

20 minutes ago, savage said:

Goodbye Miss Lana. Goodbye Lanaboards.

This was fun though.

I obviously don't know what's on her mind but it's hard for me to believe she wouldn't condemn the killing of civilians if she knew the truth. Lana is out of touch, she's always been. Unless she shows true support for Israel, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I don't think she has political or personal reason to do so anyway. It's not too far fetched to think she genuinely believes she's doing the right thing. When you're not informed, it's hard not to believe such massive propaganda.

51 minutes ago, Mash Tragic said:

If it can enlighten people as to why this letter is so criticized:

It is mostly full of shit regarding the conflict. It's not only poorly worded but plain disgusting when you read between the lines.

Of course it's a good thing to ask for the release of hostages and I sure hope all of them are safe and will soon go back to their family, unharmed.

But:

"Thank you for your unshakable moral conviction"
I wouldn't qualify funding the bombing of civilians to be an unshakable moral conviction, but ok.

"and for the Palestinians who have also been terrorized, oppressed, and victimized by Hamas"
Totally shifting the Apartheid politics perpetuated by Israel on the enemy's side. It's a gross manipulation I can't overlook. Anyone with two brain cells and access to Internet can learn how Israel deported, murdered, jailed Palestinians and destroyed any of their infrastructures since late 40s.

Also, Israel helped create Hamas in the 80s to politically destabilize Palestine and smother any Palestinian authority to face them. Just saying.

"We all want the same thing: freedom for Israelis and Palestinians to live side by side in peace"

I believe these celebs they do. But the government of Israel don't. None of their actions show a urge to make peace. Look up the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin. 

Or the shady stuff surrounding Marwan Barghouti. Some Palestinian politicians could have led a pacific government had Israel not throw a wrench in the gears.

"And most urgently, in this moment, freedom for the hostages."

The wounded in Gaza having no access to water or really any ressources to even survive are just as important. No mention of Palestinians being bombed without the possibility of escaping, as Israel is encircling them. They're literally in an open-air prison. Their fate isn't different from hostages.

A true peace statement would call for a ceasefire and humanitarian aid. That letter is garbage.

And I absolutely understand and acknowledge that point of view but do you honestly think a country that has imperialist values at heart even if people don’t want to realise it with stolen land in the same vein would read a letter condemning them and even acknowledge it? 

These morons feed off praise- anything that satiates their egos and makes them feel better encourages them to take action so they can affirm their moral superiority. This letter has one aim and that’s to free civilians- if a lie has to be encouraged to do so- we should discuss and dissect but also assess that maybe they know that it’s false and just to persuade Biden.

Hell Natalie and Madonna have done several pieces supporting Palestine- I don’t think they’re the enemy 

never understood this strange thing if political views of ur fav doesn’t match with urs and then u will stop listen to them, how does it exactly help:toofunny: happy i’m not one of those and happy not to see those on the site anymore

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

To play devil's advocate, if you take that message on face value then there really isn't anything too objectionable in it, WITH the exception of the beheadings (which admittedly is ignorant)

But in terms of Biden's support of IDF, it really doesn't mention or even allude to supporting that at all 

To me it reads as anti-Hamas, pro-Israeli and pro-Palestinian (if you're someone reading it who knows fuck all about it)

I 100% agree that she should just shut about this stuff but I don't consider that message, in and of itself, to be pro-Israeli only.

And the reason I'm saying all this is cos you know she saw a few news headlines, skimmed over this statement for 10 seconds on her iPhone and went "yeah cool" 

Doesn't excuse it but once again, she doesn't think before she does stuff like this 

(ETA I'm not saying I agree with/would sign this shit, I'm just trynna to deduce her possible line of thought)

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream