Ultra Violet

Israel-Palestine conflict (Israel-Hamas war)

5 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

In fact, I think Israel’s every single response since Oct 7th has only further sewn the seeds of an uprising. You don’t bomb cities full of children, arrest their families, contaminate their necessities, and not expect them to become anti-you. Especially with as flimsy of a propaganda campaign as they’ve tried to run. No one is falling for it. ISRAEL are the ones utilizing terrorism today.

I agree with that fully. Violence breeds more violence and the situation should have been handled much more responsibly by Israel for example by immediately involving an international humanitarian coalition that ensures the safety of civilians - humanitarian centres and corridors etc.

on Hamas - I wouldn’t go off by the charter. There are plenty of examples when governments cite their constitutions as gospel and rarely follow them (look at russia). 

Been avoiding this thread since oct 8. Honestly, seeing the compassion towards Hamas is terrifying. 
I feel for the Palestinian people. I wish for peace, I really do. There were missteps along the way from both sides, but as the latest events unfold i just can’t understand how some people can, on behalf of truly innocent and oppressed communities - support a terror organization and nightmarish terror attacks on civilians. Saying captives were enjoying their time in the strip. Remind you, these children that were freed the last days (by a ceasefire deal which I support) - these children SAW THEIR PARENTS MURDERED INFRONT OF THEIR EYES. Abigail Idan, celebrated her 4th birthday in captivity, came back home last night only to find out both her parents were murdered and burned. 
Airstrikes are not fair nor accurate. War is never fair or accurate. But Oct 7th was very accurate. The terrorists knew the communities and towns they went into. They planned beforehand how to rape them, behead them and burned them. They went into homes, one by one, burned them on the families they couldn’t kill right away.

Hell, they filmed it all on tape themselves! They were proud of it!
oct 7th was not resistance. it was a deliberate attack on innocent families, elderly, holocaust survivors, 3-month-old babies.  THESE are the people Hamas abducted. How can ANYONE with a functioning soul defend this to the slightest??

the “march of return” was not resistance. It was a terror campaign, burning tires on the border to suffocate civilians living nearby, firing rockets at population centers and sending flying explosives to burn fields, homes, schools and nature reserves. 

This post came out to be longer than I thought and I barely have any hope that the consequences will be any other than non-beneficial name-calling and automatic earplugging. I fear that as a society we lost the ability to actually hear out other perspectives. 

my message is just don’t be one sided. War is never fair and it applies to both sides, especially the side who deliberately stared it on October 7th knowing very well what this action will lead to. 

6 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

anddddd We're back- to thinking it's a "Conflict" that "started on october 7th" .

This situation on the region didn’t start last month. But HOWEVER you put this, the actions that were committed just can not be justified. How on EARTH does kidnapping children, after murdering their entire family, can bring “peace” or “wellbeing” or “freeing” anything?

these dark dark actions are the catalyst to this war. The conflict will not go away anytime soon and that’s another discussion. But eliminating Hamas, the terror organization that carried out this appalling attack, is the main priority right now. For Israelis and Palestinians alike. Do you think an organization like this can bring prosperity to the people it claims to represent? After stealing their resources to build an army-like collection of murderous people and weapons?

but I guess my post was just not meant for people like you. 

6 minutes ago, OscarScheller said:

Been avoiding this thread since oct 8. Honestly, seeing the compassion towards Hamas is terrifying. 
I feel for the Palestinian people. I wish for peace, I really do. There were missteps along the way from both sides, but as the latest events unfold i just can’t understand how some people can, on behalf of truly innocent and oppressed communities - support a terror organization and nightmarish terror attacks on civilians. Saying captives were enjoying their time in the strip. Remind you, these children that were freed the last days (by a ceasefire deal which I support) - these children SAW THEIR PARENTS MURDERED INFRONT OF THEIR EYES. Abigail Idan, celebrated her 4th birthday in captivity, came back home last night only to find out both her parents were murdered and burned. 
Airstrikes are not fair nor accurate. War is never fair or accurate. But Oct 7th was very accurate. The terrorists knew the communities and towns they went into. They planned beforehand how to rape them, behead them and burned them. They went into homes, one by one, burned them on the families they couldn’t kill right away.

Hell, they filmed it all on tape themselves! They were proud of it!
oct 7th was not resistance. it was a deliberate attack on innocent families, elderly, holocaust survivors, 3-month-old babies.  THESE are the people Hamas abducted. How can ANYONE with a functioning soul defend this to the slightest??

the “march of return” was not resistance. It was a terror campaign, burning tires on the border to suffocate civilians living nearby, firing rockets at population centers and sending flying explosives to burn fields, homes, schools and nature reserves. 

This post came out to be longer than I thought and I barely have any hope that the consequences will be any other than non-beneficial name-calling and automatic earplugging. I fear that as a society we lost the ability to actually hear out other perspectives. 

my message is just don’t be one sided. War is never fair and it applies to both sides, especially the side who deliberately stared it on October 7th knowing very well what this action will lead to. 

there is plethora of information throughout this whole thread. read it. and this is not an attack.

i have not seen one person (and i may be wrong here, but if any it’s minimal) saying they are pro hamas. 

pro palestine is not pro hamas. u are selective in what you read and what you absorb but the beautiful thing about life is you can educate yourself and you don’t have to convince everyone and yourself that you’re correct because you’re stubborn. 

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, OscarScheller said:

This situation on the region didn’t start last month. But HOWEVER you put this, the actions that were committed just can not be justified. How on EARTH does kidnapping children, after murdering their entire family, can bring “peace” or “wellbeing” or “freeing” anything?

these dark dark actions are the catalyst to this war.

It's almost painful that you don't see the irony here, though.

If I remove the last part of your comment, it could easily be applied to the side you are in heavy opposition of.
Now imagine it like that, but in acknowledgment of the military power, legitimate statehood, and full fledged western support that Israel has.
Now acknowledge that of the 2+ million people living there, in Gaza, roughly 50% of them are children.
Now acknowledge THE WEST BANK. (Which has no affiliation to Hamas whatsoever)

I really hope we can all have the capacity to look at the true issue here. Which is the double standard / lack of equality, and the Apartheid State.

2 minutes ago, LolitasCherries said:

Love u guys but this is a LDR website not a war conflict page..

an LDR website with a news section, though.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

Babes this is a "Forum" section and we're supposed to discuss issues about Lana or related things...

~I do admit when I called your other bitch I told a little lie~

Lana Del Rey reveals 'Ultraviolence' video | NBHAP

2 minutes ago, LolitasCherries said:

Babes this is a "Forum" section and we're supposed to discuss issues about Lana or related things...

this is the World News section...

giphy.gif

https://x.com/skynews/status/1729200784955379784?s=46&t=PC_JqthBNIYi6ibjaT6EsQ

During the temporary ceasefire which was extended by 2 days, the IDF shot a child for “celebrating” after the release of Palestinian prisoners from Israeli prisons. Israel is refusing to allow the media to interview kidnapees released by Hamas as well as prisoners they’ve released from their own prisons. 

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

3 hours ago, LolitasCherries said:

Love u guys but this is a LDR website not a war conflict page..

3 hours ago, baddisease said:

3 hours ago, baddisease said:

this is the World News section...

oop mb i js saw forums at the top

Crying @ this interlude

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 hours ago, 14n4 said:

i have nervous breakdowns imagining how disabled people are struggling rn in palestine especially if those that need caregivers lost theirs

Yeah I saw someone pushing a person in a wheelchair along the highway in Gaza and it made me so sad thinking about what might become of them, and others with disabilities

It's difficult enough being an able-bodied adult there; what hope is there for others

Just wanting to mention that Hamas committed war crimes and gets called terrorists. Israel commits war crimes (including before October 7th btw) and it gets called self defence with their previous war crimes conveniently omitted.

The video I shared earlier talks about this double standard at 34:27

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

“I’m better than everyone at understanding this and it’s not my responsibility to contribute anything worthy of discussion ”

dude …..log out. nobody is checking for you. We’re here to share information and discuss as a community. You clearly don’t want to be apart of that conversation so why the hell are you even here ? Lol congratulations for being so far advanced in your understanding of the world than the rest of us I guess your majesty??? If you don’t have anything else to add to the topic other than “I know and you don’t” then please shut the fuck up. Weirdo AF

A 100%!

Total weirdo! Doesn't contribute in any way, doesn't engage, just pops out at random and calls everyone stupid. People who are actually debating and exchanging news and information. 

If there was ever anyone lacking in social skills, it's LanaBalkana.

15 hours ago, LanaBalkana said:

Yes. I came to see what the discussion is about and saw some of the worst takes I’ve seen on the war. Honestly some of the things people write, including you, are shameful. I am not going to start a whole ass discussion with people who are very far away from my understanding about the world and humanity because there is no point in having that discussion. Also, not sure why you decided to write to me in Serbo-Croatian, but I don’t care if you’re impressed or not. I am neither enlightened nor that cultured but I am free to express my disappointment with fascist takes when I see them. If I’ve done something wrong, the mods should feel free to ban me. 

You haven't done anything "wrong," per se, Lanita. But this is not the way to join an ongoing discussion, sweetie. 

Get some manners, do a bit of reading, acquire some social skills, and when that's all good and done, we'll be here waiting for you. I, for one, cannot wait to hear those pearls of wisdom that your Majesty shall grace us with.

Feel free to bring that Nobel Peace Prize you got for your one-woman crusade  to tackle fascism globally.

18 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

I feel like so many people are just insecure and frustrated at the unwavering support for Palestine right now. Including that one weirdo balkanananoid. It’s completely dismantling the political norms in the western world and causing us all to act decisively as a collective. It goes deeper than just land. And now that we understand that, it seems some people want to discourage that consensus.

maybe take a sec to reflect and think why that’s happening. And now think about why you’re not apart of that support.

Legit, speaking as an Australian (and I think I said this near the beginning of the thread, not sure), our media and politicians were very pro-Israel at the beginning. Then people got mad and started protesting, and the language changed.

I do not think that Western governments expected their people to care about the plight of the Palestinians. They think we will just fall into line, but gen z won't put up with as much shit as the millennials and boomers

:agree: