Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

At the end of the day, Lana looks good in all of this ,

Very classy and elegant. A true class act. Taylor is… well, taylor. I appreciate in a lot of ways taylor saying the very true words she said on stage about Lana. What I don’t love personally is the way taylor “babied” Lana throughout the night. I personally feel a little ick about it. Lana is an icon. She doesn’t need to be taken under any wing. However it’s still going to come across as a good moment in a lot of ways in the long run, as Lana remained humble, elegant, and low key in midst of all the taylor mania. Lana is a true artist, she’s in a leage of her own.

Grammys are pretty scammy tbh. Although I know we all want to see her sweep   , she’s truly above it.

Just now, Ultraviolencequeen said:

At the end of the day, Lana looks good in all of this ,

Very classy and elegant. A true class act. Taylor is… well, taylor. I appreciate in a lot of ways taylor saying the very true words she said on stage about Lana. What I don’t love personally is the way taylor “babied” Lana throughout the night. I personally feel a little ick about it. Lana is an icon. She doesn’t need to be taken under any wing. However it’s still going to come across as a good moment in a lot of ways in the long run, as Lana remained humble, elegant, and low key in midst of all the taylor mania. 

I felt this way too. I don't mean to read into too many things but the pre-red carpet moment where she said "do you need a minute" I was very confused by that.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

1 minute ago, jaesana said:

I felt this way too. I don't mean to read into too many things but the pre-red carpet moment where she said "do you need a minute" I was very confused by that.

I feel like by end of night Lana was pretty over that friendship lmao , taylor maybe means well? But she’s … i dn. 

Just now, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I feel like by end of night Lana was pretty over that friendship lmao , taylor maybe means well? But she’s … i dn. 

I like Taylor. But I think she's a narcissist 

I don’t want to beat a dead horse but I just saw the clip of when they announced aoty again and the way the camera fully focuses on lana for the first five seconds instead of even trying to get taylor’s reaction is actually fucking diabolical…..

1 minute ago, honeyslow said:

I don’t want to beat a dead horse but I just saw the clip of when they announced aoty again and the way the camera fully focuses on lana for the first five seconds instead of even trying to get taylor’s reaction is actually fucking diabolical…..

Was this an attempt to embarrass her? Like, I just don't get it. People are just so goddamn cruel. For ratings.

5 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

and they barely showed her during the full ceremony, they just focused on her when she lost soty and aoty. :scream:

4 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

Lana (5), Olivia Rodrigo (6) and Jon Batiste (6) were the most nominated artists without a single win at the Grammys 2024.

She’s in good company at least 

also love Jay Z .. king shit fr

Also I didn’t know Jon batiste was cool like that. he seems like such a genuinely lovely guy, he’s so charismatic and I really hope Lana continues to work with and be friends with him!  I feel like the style of candy necklace might be prominent on Lasso? But with a more southern gothic country sound rather than piano (think Ethel cain-ish). I really hope Jon has a collab or does some production with her on it. I love his sound and they both seem like very insightful souls :wub:

11 minutes ago, jaesana said:

Was this an attempt to embarrass her? Like, I just don't get it. People are just so goddamn cruel. For ratings.

They knew what they were doing. I wouldn’t be surprised if she stopped going to award shows for a minute after that stunt they pulled:brigitte:

14 minutes ago, unidentified dragonslayer said:

I was so sure she was going to win at least ONE grammy but wow…. :tiffany4: 

This is so true. I'm kinda shocked still how much this award show proved that no one needs these awards. 

I hope of they ever invite her again, she'll just reply "if you want some basic bitch, go to the Beverly center and find her." They just don't deserve her. 

Anyone knows what important critics said about Taylor's Midnights? I got the vinyl back then because I loved Folklore and Evermore. However, I listened to Midnights three times and then I was done with it. It didn't strike me to be the same quality as Folklore, and surely not the same quality as Tunnel... I was and am still really shocked it won over Lana's masterpiece. 

Well, maybe it's just like it was for Hitchcock, maybe never winning despite of nominations proves the highest quality...

It was expensive watch it 

20 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

the way taylor “babied” Lana throughout the night.

idk i didn't read it that way– if anything, it seemed to me (not a taylor fan tho she has some bops) like taylor benefitted from the all-time public high lana is on, a kind of cool factor (lol sounds corny but idk how else to put it) that tbh taylor is never gonna have. and most of all it just seemed like two girls having a super fun romy & michele's style night on the town during an event where both were being honored. lana and taylor both embody diff sides of the "girl next door" coin and i loved how they looked (lana all in black, taylor in white) like a cartoon version of that.

aOaIzH2.gif

5 minutes ago, gothphetamine said:

Also I didn’t know Jon batiste was cool like that. he seems like such a genuinely lovely guy, he’s so charismatic and I really hope Lana continues to work with and be friends with him!  I feel like the style of candy necklace might be prominent on Lasso? But with a more southern gothic country sound rather than piano (think Ethel cain-ish). I really hope Jon has a collab or does some production with her on it. I love his sound and they both seem like very insightful souls :wub:

God I hope they don't; their duet was abysmal!

3 minutes ago, Topanga said:

They knew what they were doing. I wouldn’t be surprised if she stopped going to award shows for a while after that stunt they pulled:brigitte:

I hope you’re wrong because we need her at the BRIT’s 

2 minutes ago, HT71 said:

God I hope they don't; their duet was abysmal!

:wtf3::sideeye:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°