Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

3 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

I completely agree with this, most of us here know that lana is awkward and nervous on stage, id imagine if you were lanas FRIEND you would also know that. I think her heart was in the right place but her ego was there first, because this is what she would have wanted, not what lana would :shrug:. even with the lana is hiding comment it's clear she's only thinking of herself, because clearly she can tell lana is uncomfortable if she can comment on it. i do truly believe taylor thought she was being nice but that doesn't mean it was the right way to do it:keyboard:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

honestly almost more depressing than the snubs is what a showcase these events are for how much basic decorum we lack as a society these days... it's hard to believe these shows were once high class... people would dress in their best to go & behave accordingly. when someone won, they usually kept it brief but sincere. no phoney or overzealous behaviors- just to the point, professional & natural. Lol between sza running to the stage like a drunk mess with her phone out, miley telling everyone she has no underwear on & the entire first minute of taylor's AOTY acceptance.... just bye. Bring back the finishing schools

:toofunny:

I see absolutely 0 problem with Taylor putting some shine on Lana and especially as the only collaborating artist on the winning album nothing about it felt weird

Only other thoughts are that Etienne Ortega needs his access to brown lip pencils rescinded immediately (or better yet be fired) and that boygenius are not a real band just a lesbian psyop

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I'm still shocked tbh. I would've bet my life savings that she would have won at least 1 award last night :toofloppy:

This really is embarrassing for the Grammys and cements the fact that they are an out-of-touch popularity contest. They've hated her from day one, and they refuse to admit that they were wrong about her. They know that it's impossible to deny her artistic achievements, hence the multiple nominations, but they will not give her the satisfaction of a win. 

I'm so happy she doesn't play their game, she will always be too good for the industry.

20 minutes ago, one time beauty queen said:

honestly almost more depressing than the snubs is what a showcase these events are for how much basic decorum we lack as a society these days... it's hard to believe these shows were once high class... people would dress in their best to go & behave accordingly. when someone won, they usually kept it brief but sincere. no phoney or overzealous behaviors- just to the point, professional & natural. Lol between sza running to the stage like a drunk mess with her phone out, miley telling everyone she has no underwear on & the entire first minute of taylor's AOTY acceptance.... just bye. Bring back the finishing schools

:toofunny:

tbf I’d argue that award shows have always been a bit of a spectacle. I do think the impact or meaning of winning an Oscar or a Grammy is not the same as it was or what I used to think it was. Not sure if it was always like this and I’m just old enough to realize, or if the standards of these award shows have changed. I used to think a Grammy was a serious award but it really is not considering some of its past winners and snubs..

sgopYhV.gif

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:

tbf I’d argue that award shows have always been a bit of a spectacle. I do think the impact of meaning of winning an Oscar or a Grammy though is not the same as it was. Not sure if it was always like this and I’m just old enough to realize, or if the standards of these award shows have changed. I used to think a Grammy was a serious award but it really is not considering some of its past winners and snubs..

Kinda off topic but help when I read the title "Life Is Beautiful", at first I was like "wtf when did LIB (Lana song) win something" and I saw the Oscar statue and realised "oohhh it's the movie Life Is Beautiful" :toofunny:

url%5D

5 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

tbf I’d argue that award shows have always been a bit of a spectacle. I do think the impact of meaning of winning an Oscar or a Grammy though is not the same as it was. Not sure if it was always like this and I’m just old enough to realize, or if the standards of these award shows have changed. I used to think a Grammy was a serious award but it really is not considering some of its past winners and snubs..

i mean personally i’m thinking way further back than the 90s. Try the 50s lol. these were definitely meaningful and classy events once upon a time 

At the end of the Day Lana's continued success, influence and noted inspiration from current artists means more than any award decided via internal politics.

It's kinda more iconic at this point to be regarded as an artist who has been so unjustly shut out by such erroneous or conspiratory decisions because her impact and artistry cannot be denied than to be any old hack with 1 Grammy to their name. :smokes:

That video she posted years back about being behind a brick wall and talent comes to mind.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

8 minutes ago, ArtDecoVintageGirl said:

I want Lana to post something on Instagram, not to talk about that freak show from yesterday but just to let us know lowkey that she's okay

Same… i’m lowkey worried (yes I have an insanely parasocial relationship yes im in therapy)

I’m looking at the video of Taylor dragging Lana up there and she actually didn’t even look that upset about it :crai: she said no at first but then basically immediately gives in and is smiling lol. She looks like she’s fighting more because she got stuck behind some chairs. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

14 minutes ago, ArtDecoVintageGirl said:

I want Lana to post something on Instagram, not to talk about that freak show from yesterday but just to let us know lowkey that she's okay

She’ll be fine. It’s not her first rodeo and she seems in a good mental state recently

21 minutes ago, one time beauty queen said:

i mean personally i’m thinking way further back than the 90s. Try the 50s lol. these were definitely meaningful and classy events once upon a time 

God I'm already reeling from the Lana snubs and now I'm reminded again of one of the biggest and worst snubs in all of Oscar history. Judy Garland I'm so sorry

I’m not going to act like I ever know what she’s thinking but I feel intuitively that she knows she’s above it all. It still stings on some level, I’m sure - because when you’re good at what you do, of course you deserve critical respect and recognition. That’s probably why the relationship she has to critics has been a focal point of her career. The Grammys is an extension of that.

It would be nice to be celebrated, but again, she’s won in the way that she doesn’t feel pressured to make stupid music for the sake of winning an award. I don’t want to bring down other artists (I will drag Boygenius though), but obviously the album that won was not in any particular way meaningful the way Ocean Blvd was. Why taint your legacy just to make a record like that. 

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

I’m looking at the video of Taylor dragging Lana up there and she actually didn’t even look that upset about it :crai: she said no at first but then basically immediately gives in and is smiling lol. She looks like she’s fighting more because she got stuck behind some chairs. 

Exactly.. thank you! And in all of the pictures she looks happy and genuine in her smile apart from that one sad-looking clapping pic that everyone keeps sharing. And that was during Billie’s win and I think she was just emotional because she loves Billie. 

these people are her friends, why does everyone think that Lana is so self-absorbed that the only emotion she’s capable of is feeling angry and sad over not winning. Jfc

13 minutes ago, one time beauty queen said:

Oh I didn’t know you meant that far back lol. Tbf, I think it’s ok for some these artists to have fun? It makes it a bit more memorable (at least for me), maybe not Miley saying she has no panties on or whatever but the Roberto Benigni moment, which I see as an overall iconic moment in Oscars history. It does seem that these more recents moments are a bit more wtf than something we’d actually look back on lol so a balance is definitely nice 

sgopYhV.gif

7 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Exactly.. thank you! And in all of the pictures she looks happy and genuine in her smile apart from that one sad-looking clapping pic that everyone keeps sharing. And that was during Billie’s win and I think she was just emotional because she loves Billie. 

these people are her friends, why does everyone think that Lana is so self-absorbed that the only emotion she’s capable of is feeling angry and sad over not winning. Jfc

Because with her it's Carlito's Way with blood on her feet