Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

I enjoyed listening to Lana on my commute more this morning, after last night's trash decisions, than usual. Was ready to fist fight my coworkers talking down to Lana. When did everyone become so tasteless? Guess theyve always been that way :lanahairflip3:

I haven't done a cartwheel since I was nine. 

Such a simple but profound sentence. I am in my late 60's and this doesn't make me sad or melancholy. Just makes me think and reflect. One sentence. That is why she deserved to win.

14 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

See? She knows. (She replied "the caption")

she replied “the caption 🤦‍♂️” with the face palm emoji, which i think indicates she doesn’t agree with his statement of being an artist’s artist lolol. she’s very humble 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Just now, cherrytropico said:

she replied “the caption 🤦‍♂️” with the face palm emoji, which i think indicates she doesn’t agree with his statement of being an artist’s artist lolol. she’s very humble 

Yes but she still knows :agree:

If anyone here is followed by her, please send her the link to that article!

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I love that she hasn't posted a thing from this weekend she's so cunty :ma: if she does post something I hope she doesn't mention the grammys 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

Do we really need a Recording Academy at all? I say they just disband the whole thing. Let Celine Dion and Jay Z pick the winners themselves.

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Does anyone know how Grammy voting works exactly? I was thinking about this earlier: I’m a really big fan of reggae music but it’s not a genre that a lot of people are familiar with. Time and time again we see that if the Marleys are nominated for Best Reggae Album nine times out of ten they win even if they’re undeserving.  (Ziggy Marley’s wife is also on some board for the Academy so it’s likely to do with that too lol)

Do these voters actually listen to the nominations in every category or do they just see “oh I like so and so” or “oh I recognize that name I’m gonna vote for them”? I believe that for certain niche categories it should be primarily voted on by peers in that genre. E.g. people in the alternative music space voting for people in the alt categories. And for main awards it should be a general vote that everyone participates in.

Like I said I’m not sure if this is how it works but I think a system like this would avoid the “Oh such and such artist was really popular this year I’m gonna vote for them” scenario.  

hyz6.gif

27 minutes ago, Black to Blue said:

Does anyone know how Grammy voting works exactly? I was thinking about this earlier: I’m a really big fan of reggae music but it’s not a genre that a lot of people are familiar with. Time and time again we see that if the Marleys are nominated for Best Reggae Album nine times out of ten they win even if they’re undeserving.  (Ziggy Marley’s wife is also on some board for the Academy so it’s likely to do with that too lol)

Do these voters actually listen to the nominations in every category or do they just see “oh I like so and so” or “oh I recognize that name I’m gonna vote for them”? I believe that for certain niche categories it should be primarily voted on by peers in that genre. E.g. people in the alternative music space voting for people in the alt categories. And for main awards it should be a general vote that everyone participates in.

Like I said I’m not sure if this is how it works but I think a system like this would avoid the “Oh such and such artist was really popular this year I’m gonna vote for them” scenario.  

I saw someone make an explanation on reddit about how it supposedly works and it seems to all come down to constant campaigning and doing lots of things to get the voters' attention, which Lana doesn't normally do :tsk:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lanadelrey/s/IYboeLYj3b

Ocean Blvd was a big era for her and she did do some campaigning, but nowhere near as big as someone like Taylor and I think that ultimately makes the biggest difference unfortunately :um2:

I understand lots of her fans are upset she didn't win, but being nominated so many times and having a front row seat... I mean, here's the deal... She's all over New York and LA billboards right now, her music is exceptionally original and she has deeply inspired those who are winning at the grammys, which more or less seems like a bit of a popularity contest, for their standards. That's understandable. The recording academy aren't exactly the cutting edge of platforming what is the *best* artist, so much, as the most popular. Everyone essentially already understands this to some degree. 

She had a front and center seat to the grammys. Everyone knows she is extremely influential and I like how she has always skated at the edge of popular music, yet she is streamed more than Micheal Jackson. 

As far as fashion goes, I'm not exactly Pharell when it comes to fashion, but I thought her looks were killer. Another thing about how Lana is impactful is that she has an original fashion style that she has cultivated. Can you name another artist who has a personal novel fashion style like that? (No seriously)

She is definitely on another level. There's really nothing to be upset about. She's killing it right now and everyone knows it.  

reading ‘only dull people are brilliant at breakfast’ by oscar wilde rn and i have to post some parts here that remind me of lana and the industry: 

“A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament … the moment that an artist takes notice of what other people want, and tries to supply the demand, he ceases to be an artist, and becomes a dull or an amusing craftsman, an honest or a dishonest tradesman.”

“Now Art should never try to be popular. The public should try to make itself artistic.”

“In England, the arts that have escaped best are the arts in which the public take no interest. Poetry is an instance of what I mean. We have been able to have fine poetry in England because the public do not read it, and consequently do not influence it.”

:popcorn:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 minute ago, cherrytropico said:

reading ‘only dull people are brilliant at breakfast’ by oscar wilde rn and i have to post some parts here that remind me of lana and the industry: 

“A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament … the moment that an artist takes notice of what other people want, and tries to supply the demand, he ceases to be an artist, and becomes a dull or an amusing craftsman, an honest or a dishonest tradesman.”

“Now Art should never try to be popular. The public should try to make itself artistic.”

“In England, the arts that have escaped best are the arts in which the public take no interest. Poetry is an instance of what I mean. We have been able to have fine poetry in England because the public do not read it, and consequently do not influence it.”

:popcorn:

"Everything popular, is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

I don't think Sylvia Plath or Allen Ginsberg were readily taken up and admired by the populous at the time.