Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

Viewership was apparently up 34% from last year's Grammys I wonder why. Couldn't be because of Lana's enormous fanbase no has to be something else. Makes me happy that she won all those Grammys cuz if she hadn't then I might've thought she was just being used for ratings 🥰

sorry y'all i had to... all of these heaux are so annoying

https://x.com/inthelamlight/status/1754770702169948317?s=46&t=RdbpqWVtoKXEsPhjnZIIUA

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Ok, so 2 days later nobody in real world remembers any winner except for Taylor's AOTY.

Boybasic's 2 seconds of fame are over. You all should just go to Lasso thread and leave this Billboard music award show behind.

Hopefully, LDR is just philosophical about the grammys and enjoys them for what they are, an awards show that lags behind trends. BTW, you can go to grammys.com and search your favorite artists, by typing their name in the search field. If they've had grammy activity, you can see what it is (e.g., Depeche Mode, 5 noms 0 wins; Carly Simon 15 noms 2 wins; David Bowie 19 noms 5 wins-- 4 wins posthumous, and oddly they don't count his "lifetime achievement award", wtf). You can even find out what artists were nominated and won for by following the artist-name link. I find that capability at their website a refreshingly honest admission from them.

Taylor winning AOTY is definitely consistent with "popularity contest". However, I didn't mind too much, because her acceptance speech was a bit dissful to the awards (paraphrasing here): "hey, winning these awards has no more dopamine for me than just getting the bridge of a song right". Maybe LDR could take solace in that. It was also "nice" LDR had such a great seat and a "virtual tour" of what it's like to be accepting the AOTY award from the podium (bummer it wasn't real, or bummer that paradoxically it was real). The whole thing seemed very surreal (sort of the opposite of when Kanye refuted Taylor's grammy win over Beyonce**), and the image of Taylor dragging LDR to stage is definitely going to be a keeper for me.

Misc comments: A song like A & W isn't going to win song of the year; it's just way too dark and lyrically inappropriate. OB is definitely an alt-album, but also very unpopular in its artistic choices (e.g. Fingertips being like a Gregorian chant in single-voice; I wouldn't expect that to catch on much, though I still like the song a lot). LDR performing the title track at the grammys might have been great restitution for her no wins, and I think she would have actually liked to do it, even knowing she were going to lose every nomination (i.e., as many have noted: "when's it gonna be my turn?" is an iconic lyric). Finally, her dress was an interesting choice. Someone close to me (but not an LDR-scholar/fanatic, like I am) opined it looked like a mourning dress, which I think is reasonable, given some of the mourning-type lyrics found on OB.

** oh no, it was the VMAs, so I'll just leave this erratum note here

5 minutes ago, slang said:

Finally, her dress was an interesting choice. Someone close to me (but not an LDR-scholar/fanatic, like I am) opined it looked like a mourning dress, which I think is reasonable, given some of the mourning-type lyrics found on OB.

I feel like we need to discuss this much more. Her outfit was so so so Ocean Blvd; to me, she completely captured the essence of the album and made it a look. The moment I saw her, I was like, she looks ready to accept the AOTY. It would've been a beautiful image.

10 hours ago, Quincy said:

Everyone knows it, but one of the biggest award shows totally snubs her?

After some reflection, I think they all knew she wasn’t going to win. They didn’t want her to. The consolation was to give her a bunch of nominations to try to lessen the blow, give the appearance that she had a chance. Pity nominations. 

The thing with Taylor, I really lost a lot of respect of her dragging Lana up and addressing her like that. I still respect her as an artist, but the award show, her behavior and the “voting,” it’s all a bunch of fake ass shit. 

I too hate it when people call me a legacy artist and inspiration for others

39 minutes ago, oldandugly said:

Imagine what the 2025 Grammys r gonna be like all the music coming out that year is gonna be so good

Like what? I haven’t heard anything remotely interesting :crai:

1 hour ago, slang said:

Hopefully, LDR is just philosophical about the grammys and enjoys them for what they are, an awards show that lags behind trends. BTW, you can go to grammys.com and search your favorite artists, by typing their name in the search field. If they've had grammy activity, you can see what it is (e.g., Depeche Mode, 5 noms 0 wins; Carly Simon 15 noms 2 wins; David Bowie 19 noms 5 wins-- 4 wins posthumous, and oddly they don't count his "lifetime achievement award", wtf). You can even find out what artists were nominated and won for by following the artist-name link. I find that capability at their website a refreshingly honest admission from them.

Taylor winning AOTY is definitely consistent with "popularity contest". However, I didn't mind too much, because her acceptance speech was a bit dissful to the awards (paraphrasing here): "hey, winning these awards has no more dopamine for me than just getting the bridge of a song right". Maybe LDR could take solace in that. It was also "nice" LDR had such a great seat and a "virtual tour" of what it's like to be accepting the AOTY award from the podium (bummer it wasn't real, or bummer that paradoxically it was real). The whole thing seemed very surreal (sort of the opposite of when Kanye refuted Taylor's grammy win over Beyonce), and the image of Taylor dragging LDR to stage is definitely going to be a keeper for me.

Misc comments: A song like A & W isn't going to win song of the year; it's just way too dark and lyrically inappropriate. OB is definitely an alt-album, but also very unpopular in its artistic choices (e.g. Fingertips being like a Gregorian chant in single-voice; I wouldn't expect that to catch on much, though I still like the song a lot). LDR performing the title track at the grammys might have been great restitution for her no wins, and I think she would have actually liked to do it, even knowing she were going to lose every nomination (i.e., as many have noted: "when's it gonna be my turn?" is an iconic lyric). Finally, her dress was an interesting choice. Someone close to me (but not an LDR-scholar/fanatic, like I am) opined it looked like a mourning dress, which I think is reasonable, given some of the mourning-type lyrics found on OB.

Wow- so many legendary artists snubbed- it’s even crazier when you look at the person who won against them.. and I’m like who???

Lana Del Rey you will always be a legend 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

I think what I loved from this year's Grammys was the host. Trevor Noah did a fantastic job as the host (and I think it's the second time he has been hosting Grammys?) not like that cringy dude from the Golden Globes

url%5D

The more I think about it the more I’ve realised that this has backfired on them so hard, because now so many people are coming out and criticising the way the awards are essentially rigged, there’s that article that came out earlier, she’s getting a lot of publicity over how unfair it was for her to be snubbed like that and rightful praise for OB. Also if anything, this cements her status as one of the greats - the almost mythologised artists that have made history and paved the way for entire genres to develop yet don’t receive the recognition they deserve almost as if they’re above the music industry. I mean… look at how the scammys treated Diana Ross!!!

Remember Lana said around the time OB was released that she was finally happy and enthused about making music again for the first time since either BTD or AKA (I can’t remember the timeframe she gave) - I hope this is still the case, selfishly for our sake as listeners but primarily for her own sake because she deserves to be living a life full of joy and art

5 minutes ago, Embach said:

Lmfao someone in the comments brought up the whole “ZIONIST!” shit again and when someone asked them what they meant they said “Lana wrote Biden a letter blaming Palestine”… these people make me look sane 

10 minutes ago, gothphetamine said:

Lmfao someone in the comments brought up the whole “ZIONIST!” shit again and when someone asked them what they meant they said “Lana wrote Biden a letter blaming Palestine”… these people make me look sane 

i bet these people didn’t even read the letter :sideeye:

24 minutes ago, Embach said:

these dumb fucks in the comments: AT LEAST TAYLOR DOESNT SUPPORT ISRAEL. 

You mean the fucking queen of being neutral? The woman who has never done any ACTUAL activism in her entire life. The woman WHO HAS NEVER SAID THE WORD PALESTINE?????? Lana's record proves her commitment to humanity. Lana cancelled a concert in Israel in support of Palestine.These are actions. Not empty words or vague "pins" that no one outside of a bubble knows what they mean. I'm so fucking tired of this narrative and not only that, but it is wildly offensive to me to boil down genocide to weaponizing Stan wars on social media, MIND YOU, from a bunch of children who didn't care to say shit about Palestinians being slaughtered until a few months ago. 

faSE.gif

5 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

You mean the fucking queen of being neutral? The woman who has never done any ACTUAL activism in her entire life. The woman WHO HAS NEVER SAID THE WORD PALESTINE?????? Lana's record proves her commitment to humanity. Lana cancelled a concert in Israel in support of Palestine.These are actions. Not empty words or vague "pins" that no one outside of a bubble knows what they mean. I'm so fucking tired of this narrative and not only that, but it is wildly offensive to me to boil down genocide to weaponizing Stan wars on social media, MIND YOU, from a bunch of children who didn't care to say shit about Palestinians being slaughtered until a few months ago. 

It boild me seeing tweets like these get like 50k 100k likes on X. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

25 minutes ago, gothphetamine said:

10 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

I bet those people who blame her for being Zionist in the comments doesn't know what Zionism even is and I'm 100% they haven't even read the letter lol. I'm not justifying her signing the letter but at least in 2018 she has said something about supporting Palestine and Palestinian fans through 6 notes app pages. I think and hope that counts and those people who are blaming her are mostly new 2020s era fans.

And honestly talking more about the Grammy topic, I'm seriously tired of the Lana stans vs Swifties stan wars. Like it makes both fandoms more toxic than they already are 💀 and also they embarrass Lana and Taylor that way.

url%5D