Elle

Lana Del Rey interviewed for The Times

2 minutes ago, brandon said:

agreed, sometimes simpler lyricism and something that’s easier to listen to is nice 

also.. when the interviewer mentioned she plans on writing an album of standards… i wonder if he misunderstood her when she was talking about doing an album covering standards orrr? if she genuinely just wants to create an album of like, her own standards…

he must have misunderstood because it wouldn’t make sense to “write a standard” like thats not how it works

10 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Excited for the fact she said she wants to keep things a bit more “simple” for the next album, as I personally wasn’t a huge fan of the extreme wordy style of ocean blvd

Me neither. I still find it interesting that out of all her albums, OB brings the Grammy nod, though of course the Grammy nod could be somewhat cumulative. 

5 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

he must have misunderstood because it wouldn’t make sense to “write a standard” like thats not how it works

right like 😭 like you don’t get to choose what’s a standard that’s for the audience to decide mamas!

love that she went more in depth on kintsugi's lyricism. it's amazing that she can write about things that are so deeply personal to her but still capture such a wide audience with it

violets in your eyes

2 hours ago, Elle said:
“Because putting your faith in the public is like building your house in the sand. They’ll turn and turn. I’ve experienced that in all parts of my life.”

I luv when she references herself x

IMG-1926

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

18 minutes ago, watercolor eyes said:

love that she went more in depth on kintsugi's lyricism. it's amazing that she can write about things that are so deeply personal to her but still capture such a wide audience with it

Yesss! I was always confused on the meaning of that particular couple of lines “clutch of the wrist…” and this puts it all into perspective. I know she doesn’t want to talk about the meaning behind her songs or lyrics but I’d die to get all the backstories and little details that inspired her music throughout her career. 

sidenote: I love how cheeky she got when she asked the interviewer about asking her messy questions like if she was married, she’s very playful!

12 minutes ago, brandon said:

well she thought arcadia would be a classic so! not quite! 

I love ‘Arcadia.’ Like so much of BB, it’s underrated. I’d take it any day over 9/10ths of OB. 

Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.

Matthew 24-27

The ending part about not having kids yet was interesting. She was slightly hard to follow there, but it sounds like she might be coming around to accepting that she doesn’t feel it’s possible for her because she’s living an artist’s life?