Strangelove

Favorite Era Of Unreleased Music?

Favorite Unreleased Era Of Music?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Unreleased Era Of Music

• Lizzy Grant (all songs before BTD consideration)
    • Born To Die (post-Lizzy Grant, pre-January 2012)
    • Ultraviolence (post-January 2012-June 2014)
    • Honeymoon (June 2014-September 2015)
    • Lust For Life (September 2015-July 2017)
    • Other

Tread the timelines with a grain of salt. 

For me, it's hands down the songs she was making after completing Ultraviolence mostly because of her The Good Life cover and Come With Me. Runner up is Lust For Life because of Poetry In Motion and the various demos. 

Just now, Surf Noir said:

i think you guys already know my answer... :byeh8rs3: but, specifically 2007 :trisha: 

i quite like 2013 as well :flutter:

The contrast of those five years is stark, but it's funny to think she started that really new era of LDR with Melancholia from her laptop similar to what she did in 2007. And she references her past as well. 

UV is just on a different level, she was peak creativity and it is very familiar to the Lana we all know and love so it feels very current still. Everything is so signature to Lana, I mean 3 UV era songs fit perfectly along side the new music of an album released almost 10 years later. 

But also I have to give Lizzy/early BTD a lot of credit because no one was or will ever do what she was doing. Everything was so unique and you can tell she was constantly cooking up new stuff.

Honestly Born to Die demos are incredible. The great majority of them could easily be album tracks or even singles.

Then the UV demos are fire, but others not so much.

My least favorite 'era of unreleased music' is probably Lust for Life.

23 hours ago, Honeytrails said:

Oh wow a certain era is dominating the poll...

I can't be the only one who enjoys the synthy stuff like Poetry In Motion, Come With Me and Cry kill Die :headache:

I know right what the f**k? How do people enjoy Dragonslayer than any of those. 

5 hours ago, Crazy for You said:

babe 2012-2014 does not only include  dragonslayer (and im also not a fan of dragonslayer:shh2:)

Okay but Dragonslayer gets a lot of the attention. Look at its thread. Fine China/SYTH/Your Girl/Crazy For You are so much blander and uninspired than let's say If I Die Young/Come With Me/Wild One. 

Just saying. To each their own though.