Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

9 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

im watching the livestream from weekend 1 and during Billie and Lana singing Video games, the cameras go to Billies Mom videoing from the crowd, AND Lanas Ex, Evan Winiker is next to her and his face... its so sweet and sad like he's in disbelief of how iconic it lana is and idk if anyone else saw but ya wow

He posted her on his stories too. I guess they are still good friends.ย 

ย 

347-FA43-C-C5-D4-41-F6-9036-58-CD07-D061

I always like her styling in soft and warm colours though-even during UV her hair still had red tinges even brunette.

ย 

Anything Golden tinged with or light withย open necklines really makes her shine like the white ruffle top she wore with shorts singing cola.

ย 

Everyone on social media is saying this was her best performance ever and while it was extremely magical, definitely not her best. You could tell she was really nervous (understandably so) and the setlist was not built for Coachella.ย 

stars in my eyes

ย  ย โŠนหšโ‹† ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’š ๐’ƒ๐’๐’–๐’†๐’” โ€งโ‚Šยฐย  ย 

ย 

8 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

He posted her on his stories too. I guess they are still good friends.ย 

ย 

I think he works for her still but Iโ€™m not sure what he does

23 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

im watching the livestream from weekend 1 and during Billie and Lana singing Video games, the cameras go to Billies Mom videoing from the crowd, AND Lanas Ex, Evan Winiker is next to her and his face... its so sweet and sad like he's in disbelief of how iconic it lana is and idk if anyone else saw but ya wow

thats just his face, he looks the same in random

instagram selfies iโ€™m not impressed by him

4 minutes ago, mcull13 said:

have we considered that maybe heโ€™s just her gay best friendย 

5 minutes ago, mcull13 said:

He has his own talent agency and manages artistsย I think. I donโ€™t think he works for Lana. He used to be in a band with Jack Antonoff so they probably just share mutual friends.ย 

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

niBj5pQ.jpg

ย 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952phmiamat2mjgymt1oh

ย 

somethings never change :flutter:ย 

โ€œPut me onto your blaaack motorcycleโ€ย :yesnod:

stars in my eyes

ย 

24 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

ย 

she looks like a goddessย :crying5:

19 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

Everyone on social media is saying this was her best performance ever and while it was extremely magical, definitely not her best. You could tell she was really nervous (understandably so) and the setlist was not built for Coachella.ย 

yeah i was actually surprised everyone outside here loved her set

34 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

The outfits and overall styling was miles better than Glastonbury- I wonder if she's employed a new team because she looks straight out of a 2011 shoot

ย 

miss holly came through

Paris Hilton confirmed that she saw Lanaโ€™s setย :justride2:

stars in my eyes

ย 

I like that everyone across social media is blaming her vocals on the mic issues. While I do think the issue was not only with the sound, but also that she was out of tune and not fully there vocally, her having problems in her earpiece probably fucked with her head and messed her performance. Hopefully next week these issues are gone and she is able to relax and not worry so much about the sound.ย 

If you go to Ricardoโ€™s TikTok and watch the Candy Necklace performance,ย I can hear the same choppiness (for a lack of a better word) from her mic on his video as I heard on the live stream during the high notes

ย 

ย 

Coachella Setlist Redux
West Coast

Doin' Time

Summertime Sadness

Cherry

Pretty When You Cry

Ride

Born To Die

Art Deco

Chemtrails Over The Country Club

Flipside

Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have - But I Have It (with Jack Antonoff)

The Grants

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Arcadia

Candy Necklace (with Jon Batiste)

Ocean Eyes (with Billie Eilish)

Video Games (with Billie Eilish)

Diet Mountain Dew

A&W

Off To The Races

2 hours ago, mssainttropez said:

ย 

1 hour ago, honeymoon is alive said:

she looks like a goddessย :crying5:

yeah i was actually surprised everyone outside here loved her set

Hereโ€™s the thing, as much as some of us sometimes want her to be more mainstream or feel that she is more mainstream than she gets credit for - at the end of the day, sheโ€™s herself. Sheโ€™ll do and sing whatever the F she wants.ย 
ย 

People respect that. Itโ€™s as if sheโ€™s gaining mainstream popularity, precisely for the fact that sheโ€™s not mainstream. She doesnโ€™t follow the โ€œnormsโ€ and expectations. She can write a record like Ocean Boulevard, fill it with the dreamy, laidback vocals of The Grants and Paris, Texas, but still hit you with an A&W or Peppers when you least expect it.ย 

ย 

From what Iโ€™ve seen over the past year or so, and arguably the past few years if you include Chemtrails and Banisters, sheโ€™s in a different era. Sheโ€™s not going to give anyone a Coachella-esque setlist, not even Coachella.ย 

ย 

Sheโ€™s not going to beย forever youngย and the pacing has slowed down. The h@ting on the setlists is growing old. The board seemed to almost unanimously loathe her setlist from last year. She adds 3-4 new songs and itโ€™s still โ€œbad.โ€ Yet we all keep coming back and the critical reviews from her performance last night seem to be almost universally positive.ย 
ย 

It is possible for two things to be trueย at the same time. We can accept that the playlist is slower paced, her vocals are more subdued, the performance may drag in comparison to other popular artists. But, speaking of art, it is also true that her elegance and beauty are as strong as ever.ย 
ย 

The problem with celebrities is everyone has an idealized, sometimes unrealistic expectation. We can try to mold a perfect Lana performance in our head, but at the end of the day, sheโ€™s going to do whatever tf she wants.ย 
ย 

Is her setlist decision based on comfort? Familiarity? The new era sheโ€™s in? Itโ€™s irrelevant to me. Iโ€™m just thankful that sheโ€™s out here giving us art on a regular basis. 2024 has certainly been an active year for her. Things are going to continue to getย crazy, for a long, long time. Even if itโ€™s not always in the exact way that some of her fans want.ย 
ย 

Iโ€™d argue that part of her charm is that she does what she wants. Not what others want her to do or what others think she should be doing.ย 
:twirls:

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

IMG-8057.jpg

Jen is the simply the cutest. Always supporting her bestieย ย :aw:

stars in my eyes

ย