Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

3 hours ago, alittleparty said:

LTLI and BR I honestly don't think I could handle it. the 2 best songs of 2023 and 2022 :crai:

If she sang buddy’s rendezvous live I would lose it 

is it likely he will be next weeks guest? 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

2 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

She obviously lost weight.

Glastonbury styling was fine. It was actually quite beautiful. Love the head piece.

Glasto outfit was in fact beautiful and much better imo.. and would’ve probably matched the theme of the stage more. She ofc wouldn’t have been able to get on the pole though

the whole comments about her aging backwards and her styling being so much better are a bit sad, because it literally is just about the weight loss and people may not even realise it. Yeah she looked incredible last night.. but she also looked incredible last year 

S0F1O.gif

No doubt is killing it :trisha:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

You know what I kinda love that her vocals aren’t perfect, that there’s sometimes a couple of mic mishaps.. it shows that she does sing live and she still sounds incredible 

I don’t want perfect vocals.. if that’s the case you can may as well play the studio version :lmao:

S0F1O.gif

It was a great show but let's be honest - her vocal delivery was very hit-and-miss. Great having West Coast back but then it was just a shortened version with 50% being backing vox. That was a major disappointment, especially remembering how magic her performances of this song used to be.

Not sure why we need HIADT, Without You and Bartender at a festival setlist when songs like HBTB, NFR or Thunder are options.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

5 minutes ago, renaissance said:

does anyone have a link to some good hd pics of her performing yesterday? 

here's some!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

9 hours ago, taco truck said:

Tbh I feel like if she had just scrapped Bartender and Arcadia and done Let the Light In it would already have been a way better set. 

To be honest all of the following need to be cut and replaced:

- Bartender

- Pretty When You Cry

- Cherry

- Hope

- The Grants

- Arcadia

- Candy Necklaces

- Born To Die

add:

- Say Yes To Heaven

- Radio

- Peppers

- Let The Light In

- White Dress

- Fishtail

- Taco Truck x VB

- Brooklyn Baby

49 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

To be honest all of the following need to be cut and replaced:

- Bartender

- Pretty When You Cry

- Cherry

- Hope

- The Grants

- Arcadia

- Candy Necklaces

- Born To Die

add:

- Say Yes To Heaven

- Radio

- Peppers

- Let The Light In

- White Dress

- Fishtail

- Taco Truck x VB

- Brooklyn Baby

I second this. I would never cut Cherry and Born to Die as people love these. But Arcadia, CN, Pretty .Hope, The Grants and Bartender need to go. How many times has she performed Pretty lying on her back at this point - 700?

My choice for the replacement woulda been any of these:

SYTH

Radio

The greatest

Let the Light In

High by the Beach (the old choreo was great)

Off to the Races

Love

Blue Jeans

National Anthem

Taco Truck x VB

Cola

Summer Bummer 

Serial Killer

6 hours ago, Quincy said:

Here’s the thing, as much as some of us sometimes want her to be more mainstream or feel that she is more mainstream than she gets credit for - at the end of the day, she’s herself. She’ll do and sing whatever the F she wants. 

People respect that. It’s as if she’s gaining mainstream popularity, precisely for the fact that she’s not mainstream. She doesn’t follow the “norms” and expectations. She can write a record like Ocean Boulevard, fill it with the dreamy, laidback vocals of The Grants and Paris, Texas, but still hit you with an A&W or Peppers when you least expect it. 

From what I’ve seen over the past year or so, and arguably the past few years if you include Chemtrails and Banisters, she’s in a different era. She’s not going to give anyone a Coachella-esque setlist, not even Coachella. 

She’s not going to be forever young and the pacing has slowed down. The h@ting on the setlists is growing old. The board seemed to almost unanimously loathe her setlist from last year. She adds 3-4 new songs and it’s still “bad.” Yet we all keep coming back and the critical reviews from her performance last night seem to be almost universally positive. 

It is possible for two things to be true at the same time. We can accept that the playlist is slower paced, her vocals are more subdued, the performance may drag in comparison to other popular artists. But, speaking of art, it is also true that her elegance and beauty are as strong as ever. 

The problem with celebrities is everyone has an idealized, sometimes unrealistic expectation. We can try to mold a perfect Lana performance in our head, but at the end of the day, she’s going to do whatever tf she wants. 

Is her setlist decision based on comfort? Familiarity? The new era she’s in? It’s irrelevant to me. I’m just thankful that she’s out here giving us art on a regular basis. 2024 has certainly been an active year for her. Things are going to continue to get crazy, for a long, long time. Even if it’s not always in the exact way that some of her fans want. 

I’d argue that part of her charm is that she does what she wants. Not what others want her to do or what others think she should be doing. 
:twirls:

I hear you. But about this: "We can try to mold a perfect Lana performance in our head, but at the end of the day, she’s going to do whatever tf she wants. "

The issue is we've all seen "perfect performances" from her many times, and we know she can do it. She sang at Glastonbury 10 years ago and she was great.

An artist should move forward, after 10+ years in the business. So, obviously, if she renders a weird setlist with shaky vocals, people will be disappointed. Sure, she can do whatever the f she wants. But it's hard to go "WOW!" about a performance like this when Beyonce, Gaga, Lipa and others are putting on EPIC shows that tear the house down left and right with vocals that are out of this world good.

She was lovely and herself and beautiful, and we still love her. It's like watching a shy poet perform. But, technically,  for the price of these tickets, the show should have been better. Like I said before, when I saw her life during NFR, that miles better vocally, setlist- and choreo- wise, and that was 5 years ago. So, why is she regressing as a performer? 

That is the beef The Guardian and others had with it. And it's not like she's universally praised for this.

If anyone wants to hear SYTH Anyma remix they are playing tomorrow at 7.45pm, so more than likely we’ll get that

🫧 ELVIS WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU MOST 🫧

tumblr_inline_npxzudKmZ21szaa83_250.gifv

🫧 I CAN’T HELP BUT FEEL SOMEWHAT LIKE MY BODY MARRED MY SOUL🫧

2 hours ago, Pink Flamingo said:

why do you guys think jon and lana get along so well?

I feel like Jon is someone who would get along with anyone, especially anyone creative, and because he obviously likes Lana's artistry, they gel really well. They have the same sort of platonic hot chemistry that she has also shown with Blake at times, which comes from the comfort of being friends who aren't into each other.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png