Sign in to follow this  
SwayTokyo

Lana Song Trilogies

Black Beauty

PWYC

ITH

Au début, she tries to show him how beautiful life can be. Nevertheless, she adapts herself gradually ("I paint my nails black").

However, she cannot handle his sadness anymore which makes her desperate.

Finally, she accepts that this love will not work out.

"Put Me in a Movie"

"Noir"

"Trash (Magic)"
Young actress is seduced by the movie director. They are having an affair. The life they have is fast and glamorous but he's leaving her (for another young actress? or maybe he just wants to quit it). Then, in the last song, we can see that young actress few years later, living in the motel, working in the bar, she certainly didn't make a career, but she's still in love with the director. He visits her one day... But in the end they are not together.

"Dum Dum"
"Fake Diamond"
"Carmen"

Young Hollywood starlet is seducing another actor on set. It's 30s/40s. She's a big star, he's dating her for the fame but she's a very lonely girl, she really falls in love. The situation repeats few times with different men. In last song young actress is older but she's still kinda famous. She's into alcohol and partying, never in love, always heartbroken.

"Wayamaya"
"Junky Pride"
"Pawn Shop Blues"

Lana meets a man, he's cool looking and 'bad boy' type, everything she always wanted. He's addicted to drugs but it seems to be fun at first. They get engaged. Then things are getting harder for them, his addiction starts to be a problem. She needs to leave him because she's aspiring to be somebody while he's only thinking about drugs. In last song she's mourning after her lost lover. Yes, he was 'the best man she knew' but she needed to leave him and that's the tragic story of their love - "sometimes love is not enough".

nsaalk.jpg

"1949"

"Super Movie"

"Elvis"

Lana and her man spend a beautiful summer motel-hopping on a nationwide road trip ("1949"), but things don't remain so idyllic-- the romance starts to grow cold, and Lana begins to lose her hold on her boyfriend, realizing he's changed ("Super Movie"). Finally, he abandons Lana somewhere along the road, so she ends up as a destitute motel singer who can only look back on what she once had and hope he's coming back for her ("Elvis"). 

"Ride (w/monologue)"

"On Our Way" 

"Angels Forever, Forever Angels"

This trilogy is the sequel to the first one-- Lana's become adept to life on the road since she was abandoned, relying on the kindness of strangers to get along. ("Ride"). Eventually, she finds love in one of the men that's looked after her, and asks him to take her away from all the trouble she's been facing for such a long time ("On Our Way"). Finally, they ride off to be forever "free and wild" on the road together ("Angels Forever, Forever Angels").

o4qjp4j.png

1. Dum Dum

2. Backfire

3. Afraid

The story starts with Dum Dum, which is the prelude and we see how Lana currently is after she had "something so beautiful". Then we hear Backfire, where the story actually starts and we see that she is in love with her Salvatore, but their love isn't good for her and he's a really hard man. When everything gets too dangerous, Afraid starts and she leaves him when she realized that it wasn't love that kept her there ("it was a perfect illusion"  :P  :sideeye: ).

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

1. The Blackest Day

2. Black Beauty

3. Ride

"It's been the blackest day" "life is beautiful but you don't have a clue" "I'm tired of feeling like I'm f***ing crazy"

It's the whole theme of falling into depression and then getting tired of it.

Also:

1. Music To Watch Boys To

2. Lolita

3. This Is What Makes Us Girls

With these songs I can imagine Lana chilling with her girls talking about boys and then realising that these friends are way more important than any relationship with a guy.

blue eyes, and jazz, and attitude

1. Yayo

2. Ultraviolence

3. Honeymoon

Girl in desperation living a dark and hopeless life falls in love with the bad boy who rescues her from her old life. They're married and she's entirely devoted to him, but he becomes extremely abusive. She accepts his violence and continues to love him, living a fantasy life in her head where everything is happy- she dreams away her life

1. Ride 
  2. Angels Forever
  3. Freak

About living free, just doing whatever with your lover to pass time (even though Angels Forever is a little more than that alone)

1. Ultraviolence
  2. Is This Happiness
  3. Yayo

Being in a destructive/exhausting relationship. Yayo is more from the drug dependency perspective than the violence perspective

1. Pretty When You Cry
  2. Flipside
  3. 24

Being in a relationship thats on the edge, being hurt by the man you love. Emotional intensity and ups and downs

And instead of trilogies, these are my Sister Songs

1. Summertime Sadness
  2. Dark Paradise

Watch the SS video, then listen to DP.  Makes sense?. Also, sing SS with the DP instrumental, and vice versa <3 Its like she purposely made them match, where DP is the darker version after the lovers death.

1. Lolita
  2. Off to the Races

I know Lolita comes after OTTR, but its like Lolita was when she was young, and Off the the races is after theyve been together for years as adults

1. Ride
  2. Angels Forever

It's obvious that AF is like the sequel to Ride. From like a higher perspective or something

I could think of many more but for now i cbf haha

a dark dangerous affair with a married man. in order: meeting him, getting away together, life on the run.

You Can Be The Boss

Us Against The World

Push Me Down

someone should do a Wild At Heart/True Romance/Badlands -inspired movie based on these 3 songs :hooker:

I don't know if a thread like this exists, I for sure couldn't find it on the last three pages. 

This is kind of a difficult question, but if you'd have to chose your top three Lana songs out of all her songs that we know, which one's would they be? What's your Lana trinity?

Please not that you don't have to rank them. Just name three.

Mine for the moment (obviously changing a lot):

High By The Beach, Shades of Cool, Off To The Races