lovely peaches

Universal Music Group Warns It Will Pull Songs From TikTok After Deal Expiration

31 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i’m so confused what the point of that is? does anyone understand?

it sounds like Universal wants more money from Tiktok bc their artists’ songs are such a big part of the platform- plus apparently they want Tiktok to do more in terms of combatting AI (I assume AI replication of their artists’ vocals / likeness ?)

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

15 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

it sounds like Universal wants more money from Tiktok bc their artists’ songs are such a big part of the platform- plus apparently they want Tiktok to do more in terms of combatting AI (I assume AI replication of their artists’ vocals / likeness ?)

Yes, exactly

1 hour ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i’m so confused what the point of that is? does anyone understand?

Comparatively to actual streaming platforms- they don’t pay the artist nigh anything per stream even though it is a big platform for music consumption now so UMG are arguing their payouts should be equivalent to Spotify( which barely pays as it is).

2 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Tiktok wanted to pay less than before, and they pay much less than Universal receives from other platforms.

20240131-110933.jpg

:um4:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

13 hours ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

yayyy!! sick of seeing my favorite released/unreleased songs get shrunken into meaningless little loops :true:

A win treyreloaded-exactly-and-i-told-her.gif Stop with the sped-up monstrosities :true:

10 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

She has a German UMG site:

https://www.universal-music.de/lana-del-rey

also all her music on Spotify is published under licence to UMG or to subgroups from UMG

Her German and UK stores (at least) are handled via Universal Music and have been since at least last summer (I haven’t purchased from her sites previous to that but I know that her online stores were recently revamped/moved - might be related)

She’s always had different labels for the UK and US confusingly- polydor is a UMG label so she never truly switched- with interscope and the US though idk.

4 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

embarrassing unprofessional response 
“Free promotional and discovery vehicle”

lol, give me a break 

Exactly tik tok is counted as streams which is getting these songs into the charts not necessarily people actually buying or streaming them…..yet they won’t classify themselves as a music listening platform

17 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

She’s always had different labels for the UK and US confusingly- polydor is a UMG label so she never truly switched- with interscope and the US though idk.

Exactly tik tok is counted as streams which is getting these songs into the charts not necessarily people actually buying or streaming them…..yet they won’t classify themselves as a music listening platform

Ma’am, what you talking about? TikTok “streams” do not count towards any charts aside from the TikTok charts lol. No official chart in any country is counting TikTok streams. They count Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, etc. And I don’t want to defend TikTok, but you can’t play full songs on there like Spotify. It’s not a music streaming platform. I don’t know why UMG is asking them to pay like their Spotify or Apple Music when only 15 to 60 seconds of audio is playable :toofunny:.

It’s unfortunate that this is happening right after she signed with UMG. The country album too lol. Back to being a flop she goes.

The official audios are gone now, but I’ve seen a lot of TikToks that are still using her songs today including Margaret, Chemtrails, Brooklyn Baby, and LTLI. I wonder if they will start taking down the unofficial versions at some point.