Elle

Lasso - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

been re-reading her old interviews from 2023 and found this:

On 12/3/2023 at 3:15 AM, Elle said:
As such, she has plans to write an album of standards — classic, simple songs that could reach even more people than she does now. A bit like the gorgeous, piano-led cover of Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver that she released on Friday, or the Elvis Presley version of Unchained Melody that she recorded at Graceland for a Christmas TV show. She is a star who not only finally feels understood, but also finally understands.

so, when she was living in nashville in late 2023, she was writing an album of standards (i don't really know what that could mean but the journalist brought these country roads and unchained melody covers as examples). and what we also know is that she was in nashville with luke laird whom she wrote henry come on with. so those "classic, simple songs" could basically means songs like henry come on. which i wouldn't mind but i have a strange feeling that the song might be...scrapped. 

honestly, it has been "difficult" (it's not really the right word to describe but you'll understand) last months in terms on music and news. like i know we've been fed these last five years with a lot of albums and songs and content but for the first time as a fan i just...do not have a great feeling about this album's fate. something doesn't add up, especially jack's latest interview where his "tone" was more pessimistic than in previous months where he was talking about lasso. i know that she just recently married, is on her honeymoon and wants her privacy - and i respect that. 

the era hasn't really started properly as well, we did have snippets and jack-being-hyped-interviews in nfr and cotcc eras but everything about lasso era feels so dead and lifeless. i need news so bad, i'm desperate for that. i want this forum to be alive and full of energy like it was earlier this year when lana announced lasso. the only thing we're holding onto is the southern gothic themes and two-more-singles-by-the-end-of-2024 thing. i don't think these were tough remixes, she never cared for remixes. so this last week of october, november and december are our last hopes for singles and news - and i really want to me optimistic and this might be my another case of delusion - but i really really hope that at least one single is released in those months. that "country yeehaw" photoshoot which her stylist molly teased is quite vague as well since she works with a lot of celebrities. but i do hope it's for lana. if it's not for an album maybe it is for a magazine or a brand. there's this stagecoach show and rumoured liverpool show too but i don't know if shows can indicate anything, we got nothing new this year besides that "past present" intro song - which i hope which will be released some day. we can still hold onto that "cool non-lasso" thing which pantene teased as well...

2.gif

16 minutes ago, Embach said:

been re-reading her old interviews from 2023 and found this:

so, when she was living in nashville in late 2023, she was writing an album of standards (i don't really know what that could mean but the journalist brought these country roads and unchained melody covers as examples). and what we also know is that she was in nashville with luke laird whom she wrote henry come on with. so those "classic, simple songs" could basically means songs like henry come on. which i wouldn't mind but i have a strange feeling that the song might be...scrapped. 

honestly, it has been "difficult" (it's not really the right word to describe but you'll understand) last months in terms on music and news. like i know we've been fed these last five years with a lot of albums and songs and content but for the first time as a fan i just...do not have a great feeling about this album's fate. something doesn't add up, especially jack's latest interview where his "tone" was more pessimistic than in previous months where he was talking about lasso. i know that she just recently married, is on her honeymoon and wants her privacy - and i respect that. 

the era hasn't really started properly as well, we did have snippets and jack-being-hyped-interviews in nfr and cotcc eras but everything about lasso era feels so dead and lifeless. i need news so bad, i'm desperate for that. i want this forum to be alive and full of energy like it was earlier this year when lana announced lasso. the only thing we're holding onto is the southern gothic themes and two-more-singles-by-the-end-of-2024 thing. i don't think these were tough remixes, she never cared for remixes. so this last week of october, november and december are our last hopes for singles and news - and i really want to me optimistic and this might be my another case of delusion - but i really really hope that at least one single is released in those months. that "country yeehaw" photoshoot which her stylist molly teased is quite vague as well since she works with a lot of celebrities. but i do hope it's for lana. if it's not for an album maybe it is for a magazine or a brand. there's this stagecoach show and rumoured liverpool show too but i don't know if shows can indicate anything, we got nothing new this year besides that "past present" intro song - which i hope which will be released some day. we can still hold onto that "cool non-lasso" thing which pantene teased as well...

I've been a hard-core fan since the home-made Blue Jeans video. 

Tough aside, this is by far the most boring time to be a Lana stan.

By far. Maybe it's not the longest period without music or news, but it feels like the longest.

31 minutes ago, AngelHeadedHipster said:

Is Jimmy Gnecco's voice captivating?!? No wonder Lana is a huge Jimmy fan. I would really like them to collaborate. Imagine if Lana sang on the track I posted above with Jimmy... How heavenly that would be:hot:

he opened these concerts and nothing happened; so now...

41 minutes ago, AngelHeadedHipster said:

How captivating is Jimmy Gnecco's voice ?!? No wonder Lana was such a hardcore Stan of Jimmy. I really wish they collab. Just imagine if Lana sang on the track I've posted above with Jimmy...How heavenly it would sound :hot:

wait, omg, his voice is beautiful

616fd6f9f97232f6e74da18866f3cc83.gif

𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖆𝖑 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊

3 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

If anfield is being announced can she hurry up whilst I’ve just been paid 

ANFIELD??? WHAT IS THIS ABOUT

tumblr_n6a8h49m591sb22wto1_500.gif

1 minute ago, motel six said:

ANFIELD??? WHAT IS THIS ABOUT

On the page before some new account has said it, probs not true but it’s drier than sticks in here so I’m falling for it 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

1 minute ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

On the page before some new account has said it, probs not true but it’s drier than sticks in here so I’m falling for it 

omg i missed that

the “anfield next” is reason enough for me to go fully delusional with you:defeated:

tumblr_n6a8h49m591sb22wto1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, motel six said:

omg i missed that

the “anfield next” is reason enough for me to go fully delusional with you:defeated:

I remember seeing it on his story at the time and fully believing it too and then things just got more silent than I thought was possible and all hope died 

the new potential insider has reignited my delusion tho 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

what the fuck is an "Anfield" ? it better be a song title

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

It's the first time I don't care about a Lana release. I care for her music since 2011 but something's really off with Lasso. And something's off in general but I can't really say what.
I really like when she creates with her own guts and collaborators and not based on a musical tendency like country music (if Tough is a sample of what Lasso can be I'm pessimistic).

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg