Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

4 hours ago, Bonita said:

For some reason I feel like this album is gonna like be what she initially wanted to do with Tropico prior to it transforming into Ultraviolence 

As much as I would love this, it doesn’t really align with her saying this album is going to be more “light-hearted” / “American songbook style”.

Then again, Lana is awful at describing her projects accurately, and if she just means more light-hearted COMPARED to Ocean Blvd, it could mean anything because OB was very heavy :what:

Chemtrails Over The Country Club GIF by Lana Del Rey

She's doing her vision of the Southern Gothic style, so it will be a lot different from the genre we know, it will be Lanafied Southern Gothic/Lanafied country music.

2.gif

59 minutes ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

As much as I would love this, it doesn’t really align with her saying this album is going to be more “light-hearted” / “American songbook style”.

Then again, Lana is awful at describing her projects accurately, and if she just means more light-hearted COMPARED to Ocean Blvd, it could mean anything because OB was very heavy :what:

Definitely! Lyrically it is gonna be more lighter than Ocean she's mentioned that fact twice but about Tropico I was talking about the sonics and the production. Well it won't necessarily be the same but I guess it's the closest I could pinpoint to, especially with songs like I Talk To Jesus and Earthquakes :wubna:

1 hour ago, Liz Daw said:

tough better not be on the record 

she just said "two more singles." So it's in.

also, it's co-written by jack + lana's old bf. It's her song. Also, remember when doin' time became a hit and she added it to nfr? Same story (and why not given that it's amassing so many daily listens)

also, it's kinda country. Love it or hate it, it's a lasso track

god we’re in the trenches when we’re STILL fighting about if Tough is a lasso track 

It’s not 

"Don’t forget me"

11 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

god we’re in the trenches when we’re STILL fighting about if Tough is a lasso track 

It’s not 

When Take Me Home Country Roads is the final boss :aubrey:

2.gif

Just now, Embach said:

When Take Me Home Country Roads is the final boss :aubrey:

Well County Roads is attached to her label which is more than Tough can say:trisha4:

"Don’t forget me"

12 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

It’s not 

guarantee people wont stop until lasso is officially out :trisha4:

492482-1.png

♡︎

1 hour ago, never2heaven said:

i wonder will there be any acknowledgment tonight since it’s the last show i feel like probably not 

Assuming it’s the last show of the Ocean blvd era I can’t believe we only got one music video that too for Candy necklace. A&W, LTLI, Paris, Texas, Grandfather and Taco Truck were right there!!! 😔😭

42 minutes ago, Eugene said:

a Lasso track released on Quavo's label, of course. :awkney:

Dua Lipa added a song released under Miley’s label to her album. It’s been done before. I hope it isn’t on Lasso though. 

6 minutes ago, ldrzodiac said:

Guys who cares if Tough is on Lasso or not we’re gonna be happy with the tracklist no matter what!

honestly, even i don't care. I just think it will happen because it's a hit and ben and interscope will probably push for it. Also, it might be a reason why the album is taking longer/change of direction.

All i need is a big song ala ride or a bop on this record - if tough is not on it. Good reviews. A few tracks as solid as wild at heart. Prettiest girl in country music. And no filler songs like the two ob interludes. 

Its been a few weeks since I been on. 

Has there been news or any "insider" info on these upcoming singles?

Is one the lead from Lasso?

Don’t u guys fucking dare moan if Tough is on Lasso because originally it was supposed to be, and no one was complaining then!

3 minutes ago, MJA said:

Its been a few weeks since I been on. 

Has there been news or any "insider" info on these upcoming singles?

Is one the lead from Lasso?

Unfortunately no insider info :( but defo 2 more singles coming by the end of the year and hopefully a more official announcement is imminent :)

6 minutes ago, ldrzodiac said:

Don’t u guys fucking dare moan if Tough is on Lasso because originally it was supposed to be, and no one was complaining then!

Unfortunately no insider info :( but defo 2 more singles coming by the end of the year and hopefully a more official announcement is imminent :)

Everyone just thinks it's cool to hate on tough since it's a hit. But, in reality, the reviews were good, the reception was good, the streams were good, the charts were good, the mv was good. 

2 hours ago, never2heaven said:

i wonder will there be any acknowledgment tonight since it’s the last show i feel like probably not 

I'm not getting my hopes up but if she feels like saying something about the new stuff coming it's probably the best day to say it :creepna2:

Or maybe she will mention Lasso (or whatever is called now) in a couple of days in a random IG post about her last shows :creepna:

giphy.gif