Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

are we talking about this "country"?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I’m not gonna lie I have some apprehension but for different reasons than most folks. I’m nervous for the potential tracklist listed in the OP because I really don’t want this to be an NFR situation where we know and have heard snippets or full length songs making up 90% of the album before it’s released. Especially if we have 8-9 months to go. I go back and forth bc tbh I absolutely LOVE Henry and I’m grateful that she shared that with us, but had she kept it a surprise I just know it’d be an unexpected favorite. Anyway, beyond having snippets for every song thing I’m excited to hear what she comes up with she has a very unique way of working any music style and making it very Del Rey - the Del Rey Effect © if you will.

WHAT THE FUCK? I JUST WOKE UP

help this is so random? she just randomly announced the album like that?? ldr10 is officially lasso?? huh

it’s funny that this breaks the whole “the last few tracks of a lana album will reflect the sound of her next” theory because there was no country present in ocean blvd :air: 

i cant imagine what lana considers a country album tbh…by the sounds of henry come on, i think there'll be more tracks like ‘not all those who wander’ rather than straight up yee-haw banjo and harmonica music.

but i really hope she’ll include ‘hey blue baby’ because of that epic bridge!

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 minute ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I’m not gonna lie I have some apprehension but for different reasons than most folks. I’m nervous for the potential tracklist listed in the OP because I really don’t want this to be an NFR situation where we know and have heard snippets or full length songs making up 90% of the album before it’s released. Especially if we have 8-9 months to go. I go back and forth bc tbh I absolutely LOVE Henry and I’m grateful that she shared that with us, but had she kept it a surprise I just know it’d be an unexpected favorite. Anyway, beyond having snippets for every song thing I’m excited to hear what she comes up with she has a very unique way of working any music style and making it very Del Rey - the Del Rey Effect © if you will.

I agree with this. It was really nice to go into an album like OB where 90% of the album was brand new and we only heard the singles (other than the leaks). 

56 minutes ago, Cum Sock said:

I’ve been hoping Lana would do a country album for like ten years now but why does it have to be Jack :noparty: I was thrilled when I thought Luke Laird was producing.  Oh well.  Hope the single drops soonish

i hope lasso gives off same vibe as ur username i’mmmmn

also imagine if the album was called Zodiac instead and this was the direction she was taking, as LDRX sounds epic and magnum obussy

yh I’m hyped for the new music cus it’s Lana buttt as long as there’s a decent timeless single with replay value unlike country roads like LTLI esque then i’m here for it

if not, Zodiac and OB/BB better leak so the rest can be managed thru itunes :oprah:

Just now, Americen Whore said:

The only thing I’m worrying about is her adding songs from Nikki’s collab album :xgiggle:

let’s hope this is not THE album she was talking ab although the nikki album was ultimately scrapped at some point completely allegedly 

33 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

I randomly met Trace once, he was such an ass. Hopefully you had a better experience.

He was actually pretty nice to me! On the very first day of filming the show, I was standing right behind him in one of the takes for the scene, and between takes he’d turn around and talk to me and the two others with me. I just remember telling him “you’re so TALL and your voice is so DEEP!” and he laughed as he towered over me lmao (I’m very short and he’s probably one of the tallest people I’ve ever met) but he was kind. I always take it as surprise when the lead actors choose to talk to me, because we’re not supposed to talk to them unless they speak to us first, but Trace really wanted to talk! He was really interesting and also interested in what I had to say as well. I ended up doing a lot of episodes with him and he would remember me and talk with me then too.

I do wonder if Lana is considering any well-known country artists as features for her record. A Trace collab would actually be quite interesting since their voices are sooo different. Inb4 they do a remix of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk xx

Spoiler

Trace & me (+ Susan Sarandon) on the first episode lol. Fun fact, the guy wearing the bandana filmed in a Nikki Lane music video. Foreshadowing… xIMG-8274

30 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

IT ME IT ME 🚨🚨🚨

Goodmorning sunshine :flutter: 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

If Lana and Jack put a fresh and unique spin on the genre and make something weird, it could be interesting. But right now, my feeling is that this is going to be bland pop country. If I see that cornball Zach Bryan listed as a feature act, I'll know my suspicions are right.

I hope if she's actually going country. These better be the side of COUNTRY music she's talking about.

Or something like "The Grants" infused. Something grand, mountainous, mother nature, earthy kind of country music with lengthy, 4- 5 minutes songs.... not 2 minutes basic yeehaw white liberal drunken whiskey mouth guns up blick blick try that in a small town bull shit.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

18 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

WHAT THE FUCK? I JUST WOKE UP

help this is so random? she just randomly announced the album like that?? ldr10 is officially lasso?? huh

it’s funny that this breaks the whole “the last few tracks of a lana album will reflect the sound of her next” because there was no country present in ocean blvd :air: 

i cant imagine what lana considers a country album tbh…by the sounds of henry come on, i think there'll be more tracks like ‘not all those who wander’ rather than straight up yee-haw banjo and harmonica music.

but i really hope she’ll include ‘hey blue baby’ because of that epic bridge!

Hadn't heard this song, thanks for sharing.