Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Ok me personally i’m not ecstatic right now. But given the fact that this is Lana we’re talking about i have at least some level of faith she’ll do something with this style in her hybrid genre sort of way. Maybe some folk or Americana or piano ballads here and there but with an overall country edge. At that point country or not it will just be another Lana album with hopefully  some good songs! Based on Come on Henry and the Country Roads cover i think it will be decent but its only speculation at this point. And lets not act surprised here, this direction has been teased for a while it’s not like she’s entering her dubstep era

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

Me waking up to this was the best news. Time to whip out my cowboy boots and embrace cuntry country :dance2:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Thinking of all the Lipsters who are still snoozing away in dreamland, unaware of the news that awaits them in the morning.. I can already envision them logging onto LanaBoards.com for their daily digest and groggily seeing “Lasso Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024” on their homepage and having to do a double take :sleep: 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 minutes ago, details said:

let me remain positive this is me being positive by country she mean something similar to mazzy star exactly 

oh to be something similar to mazzy star:pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2:

imagine her turning heart shaped box country...

I’m really hoping for a Dolly Parton, Mazzy Star, 1949 type of country. More so folk than country, but maybe the visuals are more country. There’s no way she’s doing Morgan Wallen country so :pray2:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

8 minutes ago, heroindealer said:

Born to Die

Paradise

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Lust for Life

Norman Fcking Rockwell!

Chemtrails over the Country Club

Blue Banisters

Did you know that there’s a Tunnel under Ocean Blvd

Lasso

stands out but also weirdly fits in idk i’m trying to stay positive :lange: i just hope the track is not like ‘catch me with your lasso’ but she gives it a different meaning like idk ‘spin it around in me like a lasso’ idk 

lana please serve Cuntry not country flopping up slowly ft nikki throat cancer :bebe:

you have no idea how hilariously vulgar this sounds bibliahh.gif

I like the title lasso! To me it invokes like the playfulness of old Hollywood westerns which is almost more Americana than anything so it has me hopeful. And selfishly I hope that the aversion to country music I feel like many people have will push away some of the newer more annoying “local” fans away from her 

10 minutes ago, Elle said:

Thinking of all the Lipsters who are still snoozing away in dreamland, unaware of the news that awaits them in the morning..

yes they're in for quite the scare

17positions.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I feel like she’s going to go for Kacey Musgraves, Zach Bryan type of country. She’s always been very country, but her country music is more so folk. To fully commit to a country album, I feel like she would need to bring in more country aspects which is where I feel like it’s going to be similar to Kacey and Zach. I don’t know if this made sense, lol, but that’s my take on the sound of the album. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

The shift in titles from one full sentence to a single word is symbolic of her creative shift. From the production of tracks like A&W and Taco Truck x VB to simpler, folksy, country songs. 

Now we know why her last tour was around the Bible Belt and why she was spending so much time in Tennessee. :silly:

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

I’ve been hoping Lana would do a country album for like ten years now but why does it have to be Jack :noparty: I was thrilled when I thought Luke Laird was producing.  Oh well.  Hope the single drops soonish