Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

28 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Idk I feel like her album titles have been quite on the nose before. Ultraviolence as a title is dark and heavy, Honeymoon has a hazy almost dreamlike feel, Norman is  Americana, Blue Banisters is boring, Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd is wordy and diaristic. 

Lasso seems to be in the same vein  

I can see that, I think it’s me being nitpicky because I tend to like/connect with her album titles when she announces them right away.  I do think though that Ultraviolence isn’t too on the nose, I feel like an equivalent to “Lasso” for UV would be “Drugs” or “Guns” or something similar lol but it’s too soon to say without listening to the album. I agree that Honeymoon is a great example of a simple title that works.

I think my thoughts about “Lasso” stems from the fact that it’s an object rather than an idea/concept, which I feel separates it from her other titles

sgopYhV.gif

I can see an album trailer (or several short trailers): Lana dressed as a cowgirl in the old Wild West shooting at something and then blowing on her Colt, or she's chasing a man with her lasso. All done in a funny way with a wink :wink:, and of course in sepia tones.

If there is a collab with Nikki Lane, I hope that the album goes a bit in the direction of outlaw country.

But we can all agree, that she chose country, because she loves wearing flannel shirts so much? :omfg2:

I kind of want Lana to make a bro country album...... it would be so funny, it would piss everyone off, it would probably out stream BTD and it would just be the funniest most chaotic outcome. I want six songs about her truck, i want a reactionary anti cancel culture bop, i want shotguns in the music videos, i want the fake accent back. It would actually destroy the culture and I live for that

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

6 minutes ago, Liz Taylor Blues said:

I kind of want Lana to make a bro country album...... it would be so funny, it would piss everyone off, it would probably out stream BTD and it would just be the funniest most chaotic outcome. I want six songs about her truck, i want a reactionary anti cancel culture bop, i want shotguns in the music videos, i want the fake accent back. It would actually destroy the culture and I live for that

This is horrific.

5 minutes ago, shapeofmybody said:

I kinda hope Lana will do an self produced album in the future :makeup:

Sirens :makeup:

url%5D

4 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I feel like this album will be really successful

I don't care about charts but sometimes I need a bombastic record moment like 99992973627281838 sales and 917368219 weeks at no.1 moment. But just for fun. Overall, I don't care about charts.

url%5D

1 hour ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

Where are the insiders?:shh2:we are cravin

A French insider, who's someone's husband, told me that LASSO is actually the abbreviation for the ultimate secret project "LAna Sings SOngs". But shh, this has to stay between us. :shh2:

51 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

A French insider, who's someone's husband, told me that LASSO is actually the abbreviation for the ultimate secret project "LAna Sings SOngs". But shh, this has to stay between us. :shh2:

iconic name for the covers album tbh

19 minutes ago, heroindealer said:

what drug do we think she’ll reference on the album? :dua: personally I’m thinking heroin :aubrey:

LSD again !!!!

and also for giving me Margaret

I wish she would tease and post more, like the pre NFR days.

I remember the LFL era where it was paced almost perfectly. We got Love, title track, Groupie Love, Summer Bummer, AND heard snippets of White Mustang and Cherry. It was a really fun time and she kept it lively. It was a longer prerelease since Love leaked way early, but the album came out 6 months after Love, and it flew by. 

I don’t want a Norman situation again though. Teased the first snippet 2 years before the album; and then by the time the album came out we had heard at least a snippet of every song. 

So I don’t want that, but she could repost the Henry video with her singing along or something, just to keep it more interesting. I miss it. I hate how it’s dry until like a month before the album drops

"Don’t forget me"