Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

idk I dislike jack a lot less than I used to (some of my favorite songs are Jack songs, and I like COTCC more than most) but his production is a bit lackluster and samey. I can immediately tell when a song is a jack song, and it didn’t bug me when it was a handful of songs at a time, but lately all the girlies are using him for almost every album track and it’s getting repetitive. 

perosnally I don’t credit Ocean to Jack, because he had a full team working with him. Only one song on tunnel is a strictly jack song (Kintsugi). He works really well with other producers, so I’m hoping most of Lasso is Jack and Luke. Maybe a couple with Zach and Drew too. 

Alright understood :)

Just now, ts2003 said:

This isn’t directed at you but Why do people not like Jack so much? We got Norman from Jack, we got ocean blvd from Jack 

Jack gave us some major career highlights that's for sure but he has been working with Lana for so long and produced so many songs so it's just interesting and a bit refreshing seeing Lana working with a different producer and hearing a different production style than Jacks imo :true:

And  some ppl like his production more than others but we can't deny we got some great songs and good albums. NFR and OB  became classics in here discography as they should :gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Jack gave us some major career highlights that's for sure but he has been working with Lana for so long and produced so many songs so it's just interesting and a bit refreshing seeing Lana working with a different producer and hearing a different production style than Jacks imo :true:

And  some ppl like his production more than others but we can't deny we got some great songs and good albums. NFR and OB  became classics in here discography as they should :gurl:

True, but when she works with finneas and he becomes Jack Antonoff 2.0 then what.:oprah3:

5 minutes ago, ts2003 said:

True, but when she works with finneas and he becomes Jack Antonoff 2.0 then what.:oprah3:

well then we blame Lana of course! Which we should be doing anyway, her albums ultimately sound the way they do because that’s what she wants!

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, NikoGo said:

well then we blame Lana of course! Which we should be doing anyway, her albums ultimately sound the way they do because that’s what she wants!

Sadly that is the truth :lange:

34 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Personally I want a Billie colab because Lana has talked about wanting to work with Billie for years, and just mentioned wanting to work with Finneas a month or so ago. 

plus, it’ll be nice to hear Lana with a new producer since Lasso is going to be 95% Jack

When did Lana say she wanted to work with Finneas? I would really like to see them work together at least once. 

6 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

When did Lana say she wanted to work with Finneas? I would really like to see them work together at least once. 

The bazaar questions! I was slightly wrong, she said “it’d be fun to get in the studio with Billie and Finneas”

"Don’t forget me"

37 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

idk I dislike jack a lot less than I used to (some of my favorite songs are Jack songs, and I like COTCC more than most) but his production is a bit lackluster and samey. I can immediately tell when a song is a jack song, and it didn’t bug me when it was a handful of songs at a time, but lately all the girlies are using him for almost every album track and it’s getting repetitive. 

perosnally I don’t credit Ocean to Jack, because he had a full team working with him. Only one song on tunnel is a strictly jack song (Kintsugi). He works really well with other producers, so I’m hoping most of Lasso is Jack and Luke. Maybe a couple with Zach and Drew too. 

I think maybe I agree.. although NFR is still my top album and I really love COTCC.. they are quite safe

its like his production is a little bit too perfect and polished 

I’d really love to hear some more raw production.. but it would either be awful or groundbreaking 

I don’t think she’ll get another groundbreaking album if she keeps working with Jack.. but I know I’ll always enjoy the album regardless because you can count on cohesion and clean production

does that even make sense 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Mentally preparing myself for this album to be called LASSO. :tiffany2:

I hate the all cap album title trend that’s been happening lately 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Wtf i had a dream Lana announced a single from lasso and it was called strawberry massacre lmao. And she was playing piano on it and fully producing it herself :toofunny:

first of all LOVE IT. Secondly, multi-talent kween. Thirdly it at least needs some harp.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

42 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I think maybe I agree.. although NFR is still my top album and I really love COTCC.. they are quite safe

its like his production is a little bit too perfect and polished 

I’d really love to hear some more raw production.. but it would either be awful or groundbreaking 

I don’t think she’ll get another groundbreaking album if she keeps working with Jack.. but I know I’ll always enjoy the album regardless because you can count on cohesion and clean production

does that even make sense 

i know what u mean! i definitely don’t hate jack. NFR is a masterpiece and A&W is insane.

Lanas voice could definitely be utilised more than it is though for instance. I’d love to hear some more salvatore type vocals, fucked my way up to the top etc!

obviously she’s matured and outgrown some sounds, but she can still make new ones and utilise all of those different sounds in different ways. that’s my main thing with jack, he’s excellent at instrumentals and stuff but id love if he pushed the limits with her sounds. 

in saying that i love her current vocals. i suppose a good comparison is how cotcc was quite samey (i love that album don’t get it twisted) and then lana did blue banisters which was a super impromptu and effortless album and threw dealer in the middle of it! 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

WHO COULD IT BE?

Maybe we get the Quavo collab?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

Billllllie

Wait do we know if there is a collab on Billie's album

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Just now, Ocean Boulevard said:

Wait do we know if there is a collab on Billie's album

No I’m just delusional 

"Don’t forget me"