Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

I would love the standard album to be Lana solo originals and a deluxe edition of like 5 or 6 bonus tracks for whatever collabs and/or cover versions :defeated:

I'd love it if there a few collabs (aside from the guaranteed one(s) with Nicky).

Taylor, Orville Peck, Miley Father John Misty (again), and maybe even some rappers/RBN artists to spice it up (Quavo, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd).

I wouldn't mind an all-Lana record. I'm just worried we'll end up with Chemtrails 2 if it all ends up being slow country with no bops, collabs or big songs.

40 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

I can't wait for the country era to be over and it hasn't even started yet. Hopefully it's not too country :noparty:

I just hope it's not boring country. What Beyonce did with CC was reinvigorate the genre, mix it up, and successfully create both bangers and ballads that resonate and deserve radio play.

If we get another Chemtrails - a slow, straight-up genre record with no hits and nothing new brought to the genre, then I would think of it as a disappointment. 

2 hours ago, Chemtrail said:

I can't wait for the country era to be over and it hasn't even started yet. Hopefully it's not too country :noparty:

same, and if she's working with jack again im pressing skip on this entire era .. no ty :brigitte:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

16 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

same, but if she's working with jack again im pressing skip on this entire era .. no ty :brigitte:

I'm fine w Jack, I just think it's annoying he works with people who clearly are "inspired" by Lana and have barely any musical identity of their own outside of the bullshit thats designed to be catchy or just have basic rhyming skills

50 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Also apparently his stuff w them sounds like Lana production wise but idk I don't hear anything by taylor or lorde idgaf about them or find them interesting in general

taylor makes such commercial music, even with jack, all the lana inspo, and titles like "the tortured poets dept." Fortnight and a few other tracks aren't bad, but all her songs are starting to sound the same or, at least, have the same predicable melody. 

heard a lyric on her record that goes "you fell asleep like a tattooed golden retriever." That doesn't even make sense. She wishes she could write like lana. That said, she works hard and she's a smart business woman, so i don't mind her. And i love that she's got lana's back. It's super cool that lana is so close with the most successful female singer on the planet.

1 hour ago, Chemtrail said:

I'm fine w Jack, I just think it's annoying he works with people who clearly are "inspired" by Lana and have barely any musical identity of their own outside of the bullshit thats designed to be catchy or just have basic rhyming skills

I was fine with Jack on NFR, then with Chemtrails it felt unnecessary. Then by OB it was just starting to become a joke. I don't really wanna get into the whole Jack debate but for the love of god she needs to work with a different producer for a change. And this goes for all of the other pop girlies that are continuously sucking his dick and acting like he's the pinnacle of music, he's really not... :brigitte:

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

same, and if she's working with jack again im pressing skip on this entire era .. no ty :brigitte:

we know she has also worked with Luke Laird and he's probably the main producer because she spent a lot of time in Nashville

I expect some kind of Kacey Musgraves country, which is not that bad :oic3:

I think both Taylor & Lana need to drop Jack Stroganoff and go with Aaron Dessner:teehee:

Im praying for The National & Lana interaction at Primavera PLEASE IM PRAYING:trisha:

Just now, Bustydelrey said:

I think both Taylor & Lana need to drop Jack Stroganoff and go with Aaron Dessner:teehee:

Im praying for The National & Lana interaction at Primavera PLEASE IM PRAYING:trisha:

OMG THIS

2 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

we know she has also worked with Luke Laird and he's probably the main producer because she spent a lot of time in Nashville

I expect some kind of Kacey Musgraves country, which is not that bad :oic3:

oh thats not-

but i mean i'll take anyone as long as its not him again

24 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I was fine with Jack on NFR, then with Chemtrails it felt unnecessary. Then by OB it was just starting to become a joke. I don't really wanna get into the whole Jack debate but for the love of god she needs to work with a different producer for a change. And this goes for all of the other pop girlies that are sucking his dick these days and acting like he's the pinnacle of music, he's really not... :brigitte:

sticking with him through a genre change is insaneeeee. i’m hoping this hate gets to his coke head ego and he retires <3 

she needs to get a new producer for sure and continue working with erickson and dawes i think they could become great

18 hours ago, OFFTOTHERACES. said:

Could she please mix the Old Hollywood darkness aesthetic with the country aesthetic for visuals? Like an old western movie or something?
Marilyn Monroe but on the farm? 

Sophia Loren eyeliner in the barn?

Priscilla Presley in the stables?

Ugh, yes! This would be the perfect vibe for Lasso, imo. Guess we'll have to wait a little longer... :defeated:

It doesn't matter who I am. I'm here for you, James. See? I'm real.

73d6eb454044617161311227a1d277a2.gif

58 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I was fine with Jack on NFR, then with Chemtrails it felt unnecessary. Then by OB it was just starting to become a joke. I don't really wanna get into the whole Jack debate but for the love of god she needs to work with a different producer for a change. And this goes for all of the other pop girlies that are continuously sucking his dick and acting like he's the pinnacle of music, he's really not... :brigitte:

we must not forget he is responsible for a&w. That is all. 

38 minutes ago, Bustydelrey said:

I want her to work with Aaron so bad, he makes every instrument sounds rich, like if she asked for a ballad, he’ll add many other instruments to make it a FULL track, you can clearly see the difference between Jack’s and Aaron’s tracks in TTPD

15 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

we must not forget he is responsible for a&w. That is all. 

I vaguely remember Lana saying she didn't think this song was good at first, while it was still being recorded/produced... :crai: it instantly became my top 5 favorite songs by her when I first heard it.

It doesn't matter who I am. I'm here for you, James. See? I'm real.

73d6eb454044617161311227a1d277a2.gif