Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I hate long prereleases so I’m not in a super big rush for it to start, but I would love another small taste of what we’re getting. Henry come on is beautiful and I’d love to hear another part of it, or something new. 

the way she went from one extreme (teasing an entire album (NFR)) to the next (one snippet an era) is so funny to me. 

bring back the LFL level of teasing, that was such a happy medium

"Don’t forget me"

5 hours ago, shapeofmybody said:

Yesterday i was at a record store…

i saw an album cover, of an artist i do not really know… but i immediately had to think of lana!

I think it would be really cool if she did something similar for ‚LASSO‘ !!

IMG-6120.jpg

2 hours ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

Tori Amos is amazing, I highly recommend you check out her music! There's a good chance Lana fans will also be fans of Tori Amos. 

And I agree, I LOVE this cover and a similar kind of thing from Lana would be incredible! I really really want the gunslinging wild west kind of country visuals. 

50 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Boys for Pele is such an iconic album from Tori. If you've never listened to this album @shapeofmybody, you seriously need to. I keep a list of perfect albums (which to me are albums that have zero skip-able tracks) and Boys for Pele is one. This album changed my musical evolution when it came out. Still to this day I listen to this album, beginning to end. My fave Tori project ever. This album cemented Tori as a tour de force singer/songwriter. Period.

Wow. I fucking LOVE this album!!

EDIT: This album cover is also, so iconic. Everything about it.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

5 hours ago, shapeofmybody said:

Yesterday i was at a record store…

i saw an album cover, of an artist i do not really know… but i immediately had to think of lana!

I think it would be really cool if she did something similar for ‚LASSO‘ !!

IMG-6120.jpg

Omg, I loved this album cover! Will listen to some of her music later

It doesn't matter who I am. I'm here for you, James. See? I'm real.

73d6eb454044617161311227a1d277a2.gif

Also, I'm hoping the Lasso era will have a mixture of Dolly Parton country-like music and southern gothic country, like Ethel Cain vibes? Idk if I expressed myself properly because I rarely listen to country music, lmao. Maybe a COTCC but more country-like? I think that would be wonderful, definitely a new comfort album for me.

It doesn't matter who I am. I'm here for you, James. See? I'm real.

73d6eb454044617161311227a1d277a2.gif

1 hour ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Boys for Pele is such an iconic album from Tori. If you've never listened to this album @shapeofmybody, you seriously need to. I keep a list of perfect albums (which to me are albums that have zero skip-able tracks) and Boys for Pele is one. This album changed my musical evolution when it came out. Still to this day I listen to this album, beginning to end. My fave Tori project ever. This album cemented Tori as a tour de force singer/songwriter. Period.

Wow. I fucking LOVE this album!!

EDIT: This album cover is also, so iconic. Everything about it.

I will Definitely listen to it!! i loved the cover, excited to hear all the songs :) 

IMG-5840.jpg

51 minutes ago, JamesHomofield said:

Also, I'm hoping the Lasso era will have a mixture of Dolly Parton country-like music and southern gothic country, like Ethel Cain vibes? Idk if I expressed myself properly because I rarely listen to country music, lmao. Maybe a COTCC but more country-like? I think that would be wonderful, definitely a new comfort album for me.

I Also would LOVE a mix of ethel cain ‚country‘ (for example thoroughfare) and dolly p country (for example jolene) like a more classic side to the album and also a more experimental side tho the album… 

i would ALSO LOVE if the vibe is similar to the second half of the cotcc music video!

(i love your pfp :wub:)

IMG-5840.jpg

1 hour ago, shapeofmybody said:

I will Definitely listen to it!! i loved the cover, excited to hear all the songs :) 

Feel free to msg me and let me know your thoughts on the album after you listen to it. On Spotify, it's listed as a deluxe edition (which was released on the albums anniversary a few years back). The original album ended at the song Twinkle. The bonus tracks, though good, don't really add anything to the original album, for me at least. It's a stunning work of musical art. This convo has inspired me to go and listen to this album today lol

Enjoy it. She's beautiful.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

1 minute ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

This is Red Dead Redemption country. Kind off gives off the more simplistic rebel country vibes, like My My Hey Hey

This is the sound we need for lasso.

24 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

This is Red Dead Redemption country. Kind of gives off the more simplistic rebel country vibes, like My My Hey Hey

YESSSS!!! 

i also need a upbeat western saloon piano bop as well…

maybe even a song with a  gun duel reference :dua:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

2 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

Neil has once again posted pictures of what looks like a desert on twitter. 

this is excruciating 🥲

yes this makes me think it’s actually not lana related :toofunny:

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

Neil has once again posted pictures of what looks like a desert on twitter. 

this is excruciating 🥲

He knows what he’s doing :crossed:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

2 hours ago, marcodelrey said:

I'm ready for this Joanne era :air:

Every artist has their flop era's i suppose

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I found out I’m gonna be an aunt and my sis is due in sept, lasso baby here we come 

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Every artist has their flop era's i suppose

and it was Blue Banisters

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing