Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

25 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

I really hope she doesn’t waste any more tracks this time on interludes :bebe: it’s not even a filler when you have 62618 unreleased songs

She should keep interludes to music videos, like the way how she filled the other 2 minutes of White Mustang video with trumpet music

2.gif

Let's not forget these things. 

In September 2020 for Interview Magazine, Lana described COTCC as Midwestern Grunge.

In August 2024 for Vogue, Lana described Lasso as Southern Gothic.

COTCC and Lasso are going to be different in terms of Americana, folk and country sounds!

2.gif

28 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

I really hope she doesn’t waste any more tracks this time on interludes :bebe: it’s not even a filler when you have 62618 unreleased songs

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

She should keep interludes to music videos, like the way how she filled the other 2 minutes of White Mustang video with trumpet music

I can imagine something like Burnt Norton being AMAZING on Lasso (something atmospheric, spoken word, Southern Gothic ...) but I don't want any instrumental interludes and would prefer it's very short

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

Just now, Embach said:

In September 2020 for Interview Magazine, Lana described COTCC as Midwestern Grunge.

COTCC and Lasso are going to be different in terms of Americana, folk and country sounds!

Fr, people seem to miss that memo sometimes lol

Midwestern grunge lmao :brigitte:

Lana must carry a thesaurus on her

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I really wish we get to hear it in full HQ… but I don’t think it’s lighter in tone :omfg2:

when she said lighter lyricism i dont think she meant like… lighter as in happy lol

lighter as in more easily listenable, nothing to do with the topic of the song itself. rather a departure from lyricism like that in Kintsugi or Fingertips that’s heavy and poetic and personal

3 minutes ago, mcull13 said:

I kinda need ave maria and zodiac on lasso 

Ave Maria is literally heavenly. After hearing her sing Body Electric again I'm really craving those Tropico/Melancholia era songs, they are some of my all-time favourites ... Alabama in the springtime is heavenly ... 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

She also called AKA (or maybe just the Kill Kill EP) Hawaiian Glam Metal back in 2008. Hawaiian Glam I get for sure, but I've always been hung up on the metal part

imageproxy.jpg

19 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

04. Chuck (feat. Rob Grant)

I thought we agreed that 5 years of hearing about diapers, chucks breath and Nikki washing her cooch is enough. No more nepotism this time:tiffany2: give us uv, dark paradise, swan song lyrics

I know not to trust her and yet I am still annoyed :toofloppy: so now I don’t expect any new song until mid-2025 cuz she’s a liar. If she drops something, I would be pleasantly surprised. 

Just now, Super Movie said:

She also called AKA Hawaiian Glam Metal back in 2008. Hawaiian Glam I get for sure, but I've always been hung up on the metal part

Closest AKA gets to metal is Raise Me Up. Maybe the vibe also comes from the live performances of Brite Lites and Me and My Boyfriend in the Lizzy days. Those got the vibe

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

2 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

I thought we agreed that 5 years of hearing about diapers, chucks breath and Nikki washing her cooch is enough. No more nepotism this time:tiffany2: give us uv, dark paradise, swan song lyrics

I think I have to agree with you this time. 3 albums talking about her family is already enough.

Just now, Eugene said:

I think I have to agree with you this time. 3 albums talking about her family is already enough.

Give me a song a title and i'll include it in place.