Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I doubt her label would make any firm objections about track inclusion at this point in her career, which seems at a kind of zenith. Henry could well be a kind of Ode to Billie Joe that really comes to life (and we don't know if the snippet opens the song, is from the middle or the bridge or whatever).

And even if it's a sleepy, go-nowhere sort of track, I doubt they'd ask her to remove or replace it. And I very much doubt she would.

The two interludes of OB weren't at all 'commercial,' and yet there they are. Candy Necklace wasn't commercial, and yet not only was it included, a major video was produced for it. 

18 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Because all of the 15 seconds were horrible. It sounds like a boring bb outtake and I don’t understand how yall are hyped for this:adele:

exactly you heard 15 seconds :adele: at least wait until we hear the whole song before calling it horrible 

3 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

anyone else streaming 143 while waiting for Lasso? :brigitte:

The Henry snippet was streamed by more people :oprah6:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I'm delusional but anyways, Levi's brand posted a new photo of a red silhouette drawing of a woman riding a horse and wearing a cowboy hat with a caption "new chapter" and while everybody were commenting about Beyoncé (which is most likely about her) but my first thought was Lana and Lasso because it lowkey reminded me of that little red cowgirl logo from Coachella promo :bebe:

2.gif

2 hours ago, disguttodeath said:

She have full control, but her label let her go with risk songs not boring songs..

:lanahairflip3:

Henry come on is atrocious

:lanahairflip3:

:stareney2:

girl her label HATED ultraviolence (100% her most riskiest work) when she presented it to them and it went on to be successful and iconic. you guys always slander slow ballads whether it be guitar and piano yet it’s the root of all of lana’s songs. if you can’t hear the similarities between henry come on and any song on uv or an outtake of uv then idk… 

her label lets her do whatever she wants because it always end up working. even with chemtrails, despite all the hate it got, broke vinyl records. and even with ob, who would’ve thought that let the light in and margaret (MARGARET out of all songs and probably the least liked by people on lanaboards) would go on and continue to be viral on tik tok… fishtail didn’t get nearly the same amount of popularity 

2 hours ago, disguttodeath said:

its just a linear song that nothing really happens.. and im afraid that whole lasso sounds like this....:yawn:

I mean, as far i know and heard, the album is waaaay more simpler then tunnel for example, even her game seems a bit lazy with simple songwriting.. I hope she remade a, at least, acceptable album

:um2:

2.gif

9 minutes ago, Embach said:

I'm delusional but anyways, Levi's brand posted a new photo of a red silhouette drawing of a woman riding a horse and wearing a cowboy hat with a caption "new chapter" and while everybody were commenting about Beyoncé (which is most likely about her) but my first thought was Lana and Lasso because it lowkey reminded me of that little red cowgirl logo from Coachella promo :bebe:

Yeah, no, that's definitely for Beyoncé. She filmed something for them not too long ago... Seems it might be coming soon. 

...and I'm happy for this day

No matter what you say

I don't have to be sad like you

IM SICK AND TIERED OF WAITING.

BUT I HAVE A IDEA!

So i will start to producing songs from now own, i will get famous because of tiktok, and then hook up with lana and i will gaslight her into thinking that jack antonoff is ruining her music (also nikki lane) AND then i will start producing her psychedelic trip-hop magnus opus album which is released before lasso (by 2030!!)

IMG-6576.jpg

while we're on the Henry discourse - idk, i guess the reason why personally im so hyped for that song in particular is because i feel like that dark, soul-baring folky sound really really suits lana and they make up some of my fave songs of hers. Nectar Of The Gods, Bad Disease, Disco, Next To Me... all so good :cumming: that being said, i'm not crazy about Not All Who Wander Are Lost, which kinda fits that profile - i wonder why? maybe it's a little too optimistic and tightly produced? whereas the gorgeously honest lyrics and unnerving airyness that songs like Disco and NOTG have really emphasise that sense of darkness carried by those songs? like i can hear those songs being sung in a small, half-empty venue to a drunk and sad audience that can relate to the depth and existentialism and gloominess of those songs, while NAWWAL is a little more campfire-y. to me, Henry sounds way closer to a Disco than a NAWWAL, which is why i think it'll make for such a perfect addition to lana's discography. plus i've always been drawn to acoustic guitar over piano when it comes to a stripped-back sound for lana. anyway that's my lil essay on why Henry is a need not a want :adele:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

1 minute ago, daphnedinkley said:

while we're on the Henry discourse - idk, i guess the reason why personally im so hyped for that song in particular is because i feel like that dark, soul-baring folky sound really really suits lana and they make up some of my fave songs of hers. Nectar Of The Gods, Bad Disease, Disco, Next To Me... all so good :cumming: that being said, i'm not crazy about Not All Who Wander Are Lost, which kinda fits that profile - i wonder why? maybe it's a little too optimistic and tightly produced? whereas the gorgeously honest lyrics and unnerving airyness that songs like Disco and NOTG have really emphasise that sense of darkness carried by those songs? like i can hear those songs being sung in a small, half-empty venue to a drunk and sad audience that can relate to the depth and existentialism and gloominess of those songs, while NAWWAL is a little more campfire-y. to me, Henry sounds way closer to a Disco than a NAWWAL, which is why i think it'll make for such a perfect addition to lana's discography. plus i've always been drawn to acoustic guitar over piano when it comes to a stripped-back sound for lana. anyway that's my lil essay on why Henry is a need not a want :adele:

agreed what you said about henry and those other songs but i think that optimistic lyrics can be gorgeously honest as well (not directed at nawwal because i lowkey think that nothing happens there lyrically but that's another topic). like, i know that people (including myself) mostly like songs that have darker and bleaker lyrics because they can be relatable and/or can make you feel something. but i have never really liked the "stereotype" people have made over the years that like happier and lighthearted lyrics are shallow and fake but i personally think that there can be many songs in happier contexts which can still be very deep and honest. i think perfect example of it is cotcc title track.

2.gif

1 minute ago, Embach said:

agreed what you said about henry and those other songs but i think that optimistic lyrics can be gorgeously honest as well (not directed at nawwal because i lowkey think that nothing happens there lyrically but that's another topic). like, i know that people (including myself) mostly like songs that have darker and bleaker lyrics because they can be relatable and/or can make you feel something. but i have never really liked the "stereotype" people have made over the years that like happier and lighthearted lyrics are shallow and fake but i personally think that there can be many songs in happier contexts which can still be very deep and honest. i think perfect example of it is cotcc title track.

THIS some of her best songs imo are super upbeat and happy (let the light in, margaret, MAC, VB)