Coloringbooks

Taylor Swift Threatens Legal Action Against Student Who Tracks Her Publicly Available Carbon Footprint/Private Jet Usage

Kind of off topic but sometimes you can just tell a thread was made to be an echo chamber of anger and hate and this is one of them. I’ve never seen you guys make threads like this for other pop girls controversies. 😭😭

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

13 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Kind of off topic but sometimes you can just tell a thread was made to be an echo chamber of anger and hate and this is one of them. I’ve never seen you guys make threads like this for other pop girls controversies. 😭😭

I don't dislike (or like) Taylor. I don't see "an echo chamber" here, tbh.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, baddisease said:

I don't dislike (or like) Taylor. I don't see "an echo chamber" here, tbh.

It would be if Taylor fans didn’t come here and risk their life to defend mother :suicide:

Two things can be true at the same time. She’s a wildly successful artist and talent, but also has questionable habits around the private jet travel. 

I get that it’s a safety thing and the most efficient way to travel. But seeing flights to and from the same city and other short distances, like come on, totally unnecessary. I’m sure she could afford an EV motorcade. Hell, she could use her status to bring even more attention to the climate change conversation. 

Or maybe donate $x to the cause for each flight she takes under a certain number of miles?

I haven’t followed her closely enough, is she addressing climate change at all or is she just looking disconnected and strictly threatening legal action?

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

1 minute ago, Quincy said:

Two things can be true at the same time. She’s a wildly successful artist and talent, but also has questionable habits around the private jet travel. 

I get that it’s a safety thing and the most efficient way to travel. But seeing flights to and from the same city and other short distances, like come on. I’m sure she could afford an EV motorcade. Hell, she could use her status to bring even more attention to the climate change conversation. 

Or maybe donate $x to the cause for each flight she takes under a certain number of miles?

I haven’t followed her closely enough, is she addressing climate change at all or is she just looking disconnected and strictly threatening legal action?

Apparently she’s purchased more than enough “credits” to offset her use but I’ve also heard those aren’t really that great so idk

38 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

I get that protesters need to get their point across, but why don’t they do that to the people in government or institutions that actually have control in legislation & have the power to make a change. Taylor swift isn’t going to ban carbon emissions I can tell yall that. I’m very pro climate action but this is not the most effective way to do it imo. Making the lives of normal working citizens more difficult just makes people not want to support them. 

well if individuals can make a change, she most certainly can… if regular people should change the way they live, as we are expected to do, it’s only reasonable that people like Taylor Swift, who is amongst the biggest polluters on earth, should, too. I also don’t think it’s incompatible, and I think these activists are trying to reach out to people in government or institutions at the same time! 

3 hours ago, taco truck said:

You've made it clear that you can't handle seeing Taylor Swift critiqued, so if you don't like that, I don't understand why you even clicked this thread that's obviously painting her in a negative light.

I don't hold anything against you, but you announced a dramatic 3-day break from the site last week just because people were calling Taylor out for her chart abuse tactics and "you didn't want to argue anymore", now you immediately come back to engage in more Taylor debates and leave 3 comments in the span of 20 minutes. (It didn't even escalate to a thread lock until after you announced your exit and TBH that's part of what raised the tension…) Nobody was attacking you.

I understand that you don't like seeing your idol being critiqued, but things like this are bound to happen on discussion forums, especially with such a polarising and famous figure like Taylor that's gained notoriety for her capitalistic and conniving mean girl image. You shouldn't take it so personally 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

7 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

You've made it very clear that you can't handle seeing Taylor Swift critiqued, so if you don't like that, I don't understand why you even clicked this thread that's obviously painting her in a negative light.

I don't have anything against you but you announced a dramatic 3-day break from the site last week just because people were calling Taylor out for her chart abuse tactics and "you don't want to argue anymore", then you immediately come back to engage in more Taylor debates. (It didn't even escalate to a thread lock until after you made your exit). 

I understand that you don't like seeing your idol being critiqued but things like this are bound to happen on discussion forums, especially with such a polarising figure like Taylor, you shouldn't take it so personally 

I don’t like seeing Taylor critiqued in the intense ways that people were doing before. I actually don’t support her jet usage and am fine with civil discussion around that. I don’t really care about these protestors and actually didn’t make any comment about them. Like you said the thread is “obviously painting her in a negative light” which is what my comment was about lol. 😭 Yes the break thing was dramatic but I’m actually still going to do it. I came back yesterday for a minute cause of the tough snippet and today for the merch launch. I said I would come back if some Lana thing happened because I was just tired of every discussion on the website being about Taylor. And you’re right, I probably shouldn’t have clicked on the thread but it was the top one and it was “hot!” so I clicked without thinking lol. 

also I’m confused? are you blaming me for the thread lock? 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I would hope not… there’s tons of other people who would be at fault before you. 

edit: but plz lets not talk about the thread lock. 

Edited by DemonMic2003

22 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I don’t like seeing Taylor critiqued in the intense ways that people were doing before. I actually don’t support her jet usage and am fine with civil discussion around that. I don’t really care about these protestors and actually didn’t make any comment about them. Like you said the thread is “obviously painting her in a negative light” which is what my comment was about lol. 😭 Yes the break thing was dramatic but I’m actually still going to do it. I came back yesterday for a minute cause of the tough snippet and today for the merch launch. I said I would come back if some Lana thing happened because I was just tired of every discussion on the website being about Taylor. And you’re right, I probably shouldn’t have clicked on the thread but it was the top one and it was “hot!” so I clicked without thinking lol. 

No I'm not blaming you solely for the thread lock, but I do think you (by your own words, dramatically) announcing your break raised the tension and is part of what lead to more drama. 

I don't really know what to say about the rest of what you said, but if the reasoning for your "break" from the site was because you don't enjoy seeing Taylor criticised and don't want to argue about her anymore, then you shouldn't come back within less than a week to immediately start defending her on a supposed "echo chamber of anger and hate thread" about her. 

And we do have threads for other famous peoples' controversies, as this is a discussion forum. It's not just a Taylor thing. Examples: 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

I think that the climate change is really an important topic in today's world and I think that we have to fight for more eco-friendly environment and things and I know that the point of the protestors is to grab your attention but I think actions like these (throwing soup - which is by the way food wasting - at famous paintings, throwing cakes at RyanAir's boss' face or vandalizing airplanes) makes people more disgusted and angry and makes them act against the climate protesters wishes. To be honest the only um...funny thing that the protestors did was putting funny stickers on king Charles portrait lol

url%5D

2 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

No I'm not blaming you solely for the thread lock, but I do think you (by your own words, dramatically) announcing your break raised the tension and is part of what lead to more drama. 

I don't really know what to say about the rest of what you said, but if the reasoning for your "break" from the site was because you don't enjoy seeing Taylor criticised and don't want to argue about her anymore, then you shouldn't come back within less than a week to immediately start defending her on a supposed "echo chamber of anger and hate thread" about her. 

And we do have threads for other famous peoples' controversies, as this is a discussion forum. It's not just a Taylor thing. Examples: 

ok this is my last response because I am going on my break again lol (my issue with this break it is incredibly hard to find any lana news when i'm not on this website and twitter at the same time) but like i said, i probably shouldn't have clicked on the thread but it was really just out of (bad) habit. also i cannot see the threads you linked. 

although i'm certainly not on taylor's side or anything, these kind of tactics do not really help the cause, i agree that sometimes protesters need to go above and beyond to get their point across... but vandalism like this just comes across as ineffective and cheap, ESPECIALLY when they were trying to vandalized works of art that people love like stonehenge and the mona lisa, i know their point is that there's more important things in life like our environment and our livelihood, but it's just really obnoxious and it cheapens their cause, people aren't going to be very happy about people trying to ruin a loved piece of art or monument regardless of their intentions

not to say that taylor's jet is a loved and valued piece of art... it's just not an effective way of tackling the issue

13 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

although i'm certainly not on taylor's side or anything, these kind of tactics do not really help the cause, i agree that sometimes protesters need to go above and beyond to get their point across... but vandalism like this just comes across as ineffective and cheap, ESPECIALLY when they were trying to vandalized works of art that people love like stonehenge and the mona lisa, i know their point is that there's more important things in life like our environment and our livelihood, but it's just really obnoxious and it cheapens their cause, people aren't going to be very happy about people trying to ruin a loved piece of art or monument regardless of their intentions

not to say that taylor's jet is a loved and valued piece of art... it's just not an effective way of tackling the issue

i don’t support it either when it comes to art pieces, but here it’s very different, it’s just something that will annoy taylor and make the grievances be known to her and maybe affect her plans. it’s just a way that regular people can make sure she directly hears about her use of a private jet being a problem, and it just gives the grievances a materialization! also i personally don’t see any problem with “vandalizing” a billionaire’s property when it’s just paint that can be washed away and their safety is in no way put at risk

2 hours ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Folks ask yourself, do you support the actions done by the climate protestors here, or do you just like the idea of Taylors jet getting vandalized?

Both by the way

I always wonder how for example Lana flies to a certain state or country, I don't think she has a personal jet but if she goes on a commercial jet, wouldn't be there a lot of "sigthing" photos of her since she's famous? We have like only 1 photo of her sitting with Sean on a commercial plane.

url%5D

8 minutes ago, Embach said:

I always wonder how for example Lana flies to a certain state or country, I don't think she has a personal jet but if she goes on a commercial jet, wouldn't be there a lot of "sigthing" photos of her since she's famous? We have like only 1 photo of her sitting with Sean on a commercial plane.

I saw her dancers and backup singers flying commercial for Boston on insta stories so I’d assume she did too.  Idk how often they do

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎